Why does Japanese not to use TC on Family cars?

Quantum

i see ... that has nothing to do with TC vs NA

TC is small cc > high power > low emissions ... these 3 characteristics cannot be achieved with NA engine

as far as "unsatisfied" ride supercar like lambo, ferrari, maserati also kena before ... where owner drive the car to dealer smash it or burn it

Probably referring to the one blue propeller with helicopter sound. [grin]

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

Subaru TC don't really save fuel leh...my previous unmodded 2.0 LGT was doing like 7km/l.

once you touch 4WD or AWD, FC will be bad even without turbo. Impreza 1.6 TS is one good example.

Better check the enginee oil level more often.

Very strange! Honda and Toyota enginee reliability are on the top rating.

Really! Did u read the recent law suit against Performance M?

I would strongly RECOMMEND Saab 95 Aero.

Although Saab made very good n over-engineered cars, unfortunately ty hv closed down n u cant get a new Saab anymore.

once you touch 4WD or AWD, FC will be bad even without turbo. Impreza 1.6 TS is one good example.

We can't have everything.

Just using reliability theory to see things. In terms of component counts, tc car has everything that a na car has, plus the tc components. There are more parts to fail, hence reliability is lower. In addition, in tc car, components are worked at a higher level of stress when operated. Hence the component failure rate would be higher. Assuming the component grades and quality are similar, one should expect tc cars to experience lower reliability compared to na cars in general. I believe the statistics show as other forumers have shared previously.

Tc or na, apple or orange, u choose what u like.

Turbocharged

We can't have everything.

there is a misconception that TC cars will sure get higher FC which is not true. I think AWD is much worst.

European car makers had no choice cos the emission standards in Europe r very high n only with Turbocharging can these cars pass the tests n b sold in Europe.

The Japs wil hv to catch up if ty wan to sell their cars in Europe otherwise ty wil just hv to b contented with the other markets.......but strict emission standards is becoming the norm in the whole world n in time almost every country wil adopt very strict emission standards like the Europeans.

But dun b surprised if the Japs wil make their cars even better than the Europeans once ty get down to it.

Yes. Cost n reliability r other factors.

Turbo cars cud spoil faster n replaceing a turbo is damm expensive. Maintenance of a turbo car is also higher.

You have brought up a good point, Japanese car makers has side tracked their European counterparts, they are using an Electric Motor rather than a Turbo Charger to boost engine power. Although such technology have limitation at this point, the Japanese are always looking to innovate and improve their products.

An example is Honda's IMA Engine on the CRZ (2014 model); the horsepower is higher than the 1.6 litre Vtec engine and the torque produced is higher than the 1.8 litre Vtec engine.

there is a misconception that TC cars will sure get higher FC which is not true. I think AWD is much worst.

Yalor. Was given a 2.0L camry as a loan car for a week last time. The FC on that prehistoric, weedy piece of crap was worse than my 2.5L twin-scrolled T5.

Yalor. Was given a 2.0L camry as a loan car for a week last time. The FC on that prehistoric, weedy piece of crap was worse than my 2.5L twin-scrolled T5.

How old is the loan car? Usually, loan car is badly maintain. Secondly, do u ram the car on the highway. My 9 years Picnic can reach 11km/l.

How old is the loan car? Usually, loan car is badly maintain. Secondly, do u ram the car on the highway. My 9 years Picnic can reach 11km/l.

The camry was newer than my T5. Old tech is old tech.

The camry was newer than my T5. Old tech is old tech.

Really! Camry is the best selling car in America. Nearly 230,000 units per year. Extreme reliable.

5 years down on the road. I will smile at you. First, fewer problems will occur. Second

, good resale value.

What is happening to your car? It has to take a week to repair.

Really! Camry is the best selling car in America. Nearly 230,000 units per year. Extreme reliable.

5 years down on the road. I will smile at you. First, fewer problems will occur. Second

, good resale value.

If one can afford a better car, 5 years down the road, he will smile at you with his brand new car.

If one can afford a better car, 5 years down the road, he will smile at you with his brand new car.

Really! 5 years down on the road. I will not be driving. I will smile at them. I do not have any installment.

Really! 5 years down on the road. I will not be driving. I will smile at them. I do not have any installment.

Why not driving anymore? I thought you would be happy to collect all of toyota and lexus fleet?

Why not driving anymore? I thought you maywould be happy to collect all of toyota and lexus fleet?

Maybe, I will retire in some way else. Drive a 10 years old. From point A to B.

Although Saab made very good n over-engineered cars, unfortunately ty hv closed down n u cant get a new Saab anymore.

Hahaha..... your news very slow ------ Saab has just rrestarted it's production!!!!

Btw, Saab produces niche, over-engineered cars as you mentioned.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1