All new Altis 2014

Deckbuild

Any idea if the new Altis is on Singapore's road yet?

I have friend who saw it on the road. Called up BM, they said it's not in yet.

Parallel Import?

Thought the new altis will only launch in 2014?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Any idea if the new Altis is on Singapore's road yet?

I have friend who saw it on the road. Called up BM, they said it's not in yet.

Parallel Import?

I also recently saw one on the roads in the city area. Upon closer inspection, the license plate is Jxxxxx. Looks like our neighbour up north got it liao.

Actually it's upon closer inspection that I realise the chassis looks almost like the current altis and even the side profile looks similar, it's the front and back bumpers/headlamps that is different.

In other words, the actual car may be a tad disappointing compared with what we see from the photos.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 3

Yep, from miso, to white rice, to electric guitars, Japs keep the best for themselves.....erh & prawns too.

Their engines are improving, but styling yes, less inspiring...

with the feedback from FIT, Lancer 2.0, CS3 owners, the CVT that MIJ like to utilise is a tad worrying. Could be that the Japs traffic as shared by kangadrool may be slow but does not go creepy crawly like Sg.

Heard that for the CVTs, even for humble fit & cs3, rebuilt will easily approach very near 3k.

• Praise 2

Tech wise, don't think Korean cars have overtaken Japanese cars. Korean makes nice looking cars and Japs make dull looking car does not equate to Korean cars are better just becasue it looks good and have alot of accessories.

Edited by Renegade777
  • Praise 3

No lah i meant korean is still lagging behind segment vs segment by 1 to 2 gen. But at least they are now a value for money option. Dual vvt....6at...etc. have reliability w decent fc. Design wise defn maj improvement. Think they also deliberate or not use older tested engineering to build steadily. Understand while toyota boss said honda nissan are their main competitors, they are monnitoring hyundai in particular very closely...

Edited by Baal

Btw, has anyone seen the new Auris on the road?

Twice, both in dirty blue. Once in CP, once on the road. Does not look nice - could be the dirty blue colour.

• Praise 2

Price out Liao.

$134,988.

Cev $5000.

Start your engine now....

Price out Liao.

$134,988.

Cev $5000.

Start your engine now....

Just went down to BM Leng Kee , salesman bring me up to view the the new 2014 Altis , look nice to me just like baby Camry , price is $126,988 after all discount .

Just went down to BM Leng Kee , salesman bring me up to view the the new 2014 Altis , look nice to me just like baby Camry , price is $126,988 after all discount .

• Praise 4

Thanks for the great info.

Yeap, many car reviews from USA mentioned that the new Altis is just like a baby Camry.

Spacious, quiet, refined, quite boring to drive, but a good, honest, everyday car. The new Altis retains its credentials with grown up, matured looks.

When will it be officially launched here?

• Praise 2

My only worry is the gearbox... Does Toyota make good cvt gb.? I'm sure they are damn good with their 4at..... Hehehe...

↡ Advertisement