Car caught fire on ECP, sheares bridge towards airport

Yattokame

After picking my wife, turned up to ECP and sheares bridge.

Then i saw quite a lot of smoke in my rear view mirror and within seconds i saw a car burst into flames. Couldnt see properly as I was blocked by other cars and also had to mind my driving.

Wife turned around and she said it looked like a maroon and old car.

Hope everyone in the car is fine.

This was on Sheares bridge towards airport, on the downslope toward KPE area, about 6.30pm.

Edited by Yattokame
↡ Advertisement

Wife said it looked like a pretty old car.......she couldnt tell the make/model.

I wonder if there are any small fire extinguishers I can buy and keep in my glovebox. Wanted to get down to help but had no proper tools.

Wife said it looked like a pretty old car.......she couldnt tell the make/model.

I wonder if there are any small fire extinguishers I can buy and keep in my glovebox. Wanted to get down to help but had no proper tools.

Extinguishers fitted in a car will probably be useful for a small fire. But in the case when the entire engine catches fire i think it won't be enough.

Maybe in the future car manufacturers will install an auto-extinguisher as standard kit if it detects engine temperatures above a certain threshold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGNTRI242jk

Edited by Nullifi3d
  • Praise 2

Extinguishers fitted in a car will probably be useful for a small fire. But in the case when the entire engine catches fire i think it won't be enough.

Maybe in the future car manufacturers will install an auto-extinguisher as standard kit if it detects engine temperatures above a certain threshold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGNTRI242jk

whoa, this is good stuff !!

Ya, I was opposite the scene towards Tuas but couldn't see so much also, too many cars around, around 6.40pm.. I hope everyone's ok... I noticed SCDF responding on Ben Shears Bridge.. One Police car was also on the way, but way behind, stuck in traffic at the MBS bend..

Supercharged

yeah, i saw it at autobacs, malaysia also..

300g fire extinguishers..

better than nothing right? of course, they have 500g, 1kg, 2kg..

well.. having one is better than not having..

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I saw Giant supermarket @ Tampines got sell small fire extinguisher for cars, think about $10-20 nia. Go to their car accessory section and you'll find it.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I saw Giant supermarket @ Tampines got sell small fire extinguisher for cars, think about $10-20 nia. Go to their car accessory section and you'll find it.

Good, I intend to buy 3. 2 in car, while 1 at household

Supercharged

Good, I intend to buy 3. 2 in car, while 1 at household

Do note that fire extinguisher has got expiry date one....so do check that date before buying.

↡ Advertisement