Jobs for Filipinos only.

JackRabbit

so many points..

Apologise for what exactly? Calling out an anonymous coward who gave junk points a loser?

If you recall, I have given you junk points in a previous post as well - but I identified myself and gave my reasons. That's the way to do it. Ask anyone who has received praise or junk posts from me - I identified myself in every post and gave a reason.

Why do you assume that I had not posted to MOM as well? I post here in MCF and other forums to raise awareness. Are you so sure that MOM is actually doing any work - please prove it. As far as I can see they are very lethargic.

Same as SMRT taking little or no action about improving bus services until someone submits a video having to wait for 13 buses to go by and go viral.

Take is cheap, bro. Let's see concrete action. Many many people are constantly complaining to MOM about this. I am just 1 more.

Apologise for false accusation - the person who junked you has said big and loud right here who he was.

"as far as you can see" - and yeah....sitting behind your keyboard you're really going to be aware of EVERYTHING that MOM is doing?

As to assuming that you haven't notified MOM - well it's an assumption, I'll admit - you didn't say you had, you didn't mention it, so until you say otherwise I'll assume you haven't...

And I see some coward has junked me annonymously.....

↡ Advertisement

Damn...cannot junk you...even thought this comment deserves it.

The person who junked you has openly declared himself - now lets see you man up and make the apology

You've heard the story about speeders and fishing right?

And further, just because you don't see it, don't assume it doesn't happen.

How do you know what and where the MOM are acting - have you asked them?

Dropping a note to MOM would take about the same amount of time as opening a thread here - yet opening a thread here and being a keyboard warrior is more fun that actually doing something effective right?

dropping a note to MOM is like fishing for fish without hooks.

this mean you will never get anything else but a standard reply.

here is Tan Chuan Jin facebook, post in his facebook is better than dropping a note to MOM where it might get lost in the big sea of notes.

https://www.facebook.com/TanChuanJin1

Edited by Tianake

Whether Singaporean came in past or not, pretty much irrelevant - you still shouldn't include anything in your ads other that genuine job requirements.

Race is not (and never has been) a genuine job requirement -

Language can be, but you'd better be sure you can back it up

Gender also is not a genuine job requirement (unless you're selling bra or made to measure jockstrap)

Age and marital status also shouldn't be asked.

One point to note - if you've got the time and inclination, go and take a look at govt job recruitment sites, and see how many still ask for the above irrelevant information - even down to asking for religion - they should be leading by example on this, but IME, they are the worst offenders for asking for not needed info on job applications

Sure you can voice your righteousness about what is in the job requirement but look at the ad again. Who is posting the ad? It's a recruitment agency and not the company that want to hire workers. Do you see the picture? The company couldn't care less what the agent does. The agent if penalise by MOM they can always close shop and setup shop elsewhere with a different name. It's a cat & mouse game. What ever you said up there don't matter.

Apologise for false accusation - the person who junked you has said big and loud right here who he was.

"as far as you can see" - and yeah....sitting behind your keyboard you're really going to be aware of EVERYTHING that MOM is doing?

As to assuming that you haven't notified MOM - well it's an assumption, I'll admit - you didn't say you had, you didn't mention it, so until you say otherwise I'll assume you haven't...

not me ah [grin]

Sure you can voice your righteousness about what is in the job requirement but look at the ad again. Who is posting the ad? It's a recruitment agency and not the company that want to hire workers. Do you see the picture? The company couldn't care less what the agent does. The agent if penalise by MOM they can always close shop and setup shop elsewhere with a different name. It's a cat & mouse game. What ever you said up there don't matter.

And I guess fines, loss of reputation, having to change name to all clients - stuff like that doesn't matter?

A recruitment agency has just as much to lose - their stock in trade is their reputation to employers and their visibility to job seekers - lose either and you're not going to do very well.

LOL.. looks like there are FTs here who don't like this thread... just kena junked, haha! Losers.

And you still haven't retracted this - even though it was a (actually 2) proud Singaporeans that have junked you....

We all know age is a "problem", doesn't matter if you're suited for the job or not [lipsrsealed]

Yeah it can be -

But if you're clever you'll also get around it by using "codewords" related to the attributes you want

Like "adaptable" or "willing to learn" or "energetic" that can be quite genuine job requirements.

if opening and closing of agencies with the same boss behind will get banned if not the directors will face penalty.

or MOM can actually request for the client who engage them, then the agency and the client can start pointing at each other.

And I guess fines, loss of reputation, having to change name to all clients - stuff like that doesn't matter?

A recruitment agency has just as much to lose - their stock in trade is their reputation to employers and their visibility to job seekers - lose either and you're not going to do very well.

And you still haven't retracted this - even though it was a (actually 2) proud Singaporeans that have junked you....

Recruitment agencies who post ad in gumtree is obviously small time companies operated by shady characters. You go talk about what stock trade and reputation.... I dunno what to say. You slowly figure it out.

if opening and closing of agencies with the same boss behind will get banned if not the directors will face penalty.

or MOM can actually request for the client who engage them, then the agency and the client can start pointing at each other.

I sure hope that there's some form of due diligence needed on both sides.

Not sure exactly how recruitment agencies work. I know that for what I do - before I post anything in public - the client sees it first.

If the recruitment agency does that (and each client might be different) then the client AND the agency should be on the hook.

If the client can show they didn't approve such a job requirement or ad, then they should be in the clear

Recruitment agencies who post ad in gumtree is obviously small time companies operated by shady characters. You go talk about what stock trade and reputation.... I dunno what to say. You slowly figure it out.

Hmmm...I wonder if the companies are pte ltd or sole props...

This problem can never be solved, Pinoy bring in friends and Ah tiong bring in their homefolks those so called FT supervisors will bring in their own people.

in the end we got a lot vacancies for trashes instead of Singaporeans.

previously company I worked in employ a chinaman as the OM(he dunno what fark far far relatives of the boss), bring in his ah tiong hometown folks into the company.

in the end those Singaporeans and Malaysians who worked there for a long time all quited. haiz..

Yeah it can be -

But if you're clever you'll also get around it by using "codewords" related to the attributes you want

Like "adaptable" or "willing to learn" or "energetic" that can be quite genuine job requirements.

Yeah but "OLD" in Singapore is scary.......late 30s considered "OLD" liao [furious]

It's not about that. Sgp business are mostly made up of SMEs. With the restrictions, a lot of companies suffer when it comes to hiring. They have to either raise operations cost or end the business. So companies will try whatever it takes to find loopholes and hire cheaper labour.

When there's a demand, all kinds of shady company will pop-up to make a quick buck. MOM can occupy themselves trying to hunt them down but it does not get to the root of the problem. Ppl can comprain all they want.

You say you junked me with your name identified? is there something wrong with the junk system because I only see anonymous in my junk profile....

Jobs for Filipinos only. (2 Junks; Total: 10 Points)

Junked by Anonymous on Today, 11:43 AM

Use brain lah
5Points

Junked by Anonymous on Today, 11:30 AM

complaint for what?

It's not about that. Sgp business are mostly made up of SMEs. With the restrictions, a lot of companies suffer when it comes to hiring. They have to either raise operations cost or end the business. So companies will try whatever it takes to find loopholes and hire cheaper labour.

When there's a demand, all kinds of shady company will pop-up to make a quick buck. MOM can occupy themselves trying to hunt them down but it does not get to the root of the problem. Ppl can comprain all they want.

agree, the ads mostly come from hotel and F&B industry or for some labor job which got the worst hit from the rule tighten since last year (the air-con job though need a degree or diploma, but most technician i come across are from malaysia).

The agency have to proof prior ads was put up more than 14 days and no reply from local candidate.

You say you junked me with your name identified? is there something wrong with the junk system because I only see anonymous in my junk profile....

I can't junk....system won't let me....must have 50 people between any praise / junk...

the two people who junked have announced in the thread

i already mentioned in my post i junked you, was clicking the button on the right button where 'anonymous' and the junk button was.

i already mentioned in my post i junked you, was clicking the button on the right button where 'anonymous' and the junk button was.

ok.. noted on your junk, haha! bring it on bro, I welcome it when people are not cowards. [thumbsup]

Reviewing the qualifications to hold the relevant license for employment agency

• You cannot have any previous court convictions records (particularly under Women's Charter, Children and Young Persons Act, Penal Code, Immigration Act, Employment Agencies Act and Employment of Foreign Manpower Act) in Singapore or elsewhere, of an offence involving dishonesty or human trafficking.
  • You are not a director of or involved in the management of an employment agency whose licence had been revoked.

so this would seem to be a pretty big disincentive to being caught, and a pretty easy way to stop close down / restart behaviour

I also was taking a look through the other ads posted by the first agency - so far that is the only ad that mentions anything discriminatory - on that basis alone I'd place a guess that it's come from the client.

↡ Advertisement