Police investigating Vivo cyclist

Soya

Hoho......finally lim kopi liao.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/police-investigating/861958.html

SINGAPORE: Police say they are investigating a case of road rage along Keppel Bay Drive last month, as well as the case of a cyclist who was captured on video stopping traffic along Keppel Road.

The comment follows a Facebook posting by Parliamentary Secretary for Transport and Health Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim earlier on Friday.

Dr Faishal said he had been asked for his opinion about the recent incidents involving a cyclist and other motorists.

He added that police are already investigating both incidents.

In a response on Friday, police say they received a call at about 7.44am on September 16 for assistance along Keppel Bay Drive.

When they arrived, it was established that an alleged case of road rage had occurred.

As for the case of the cyclist in the video which has gone viral, traffic police are investigating the case.

They have contacted the cyclist concerned.

Police say appropriate actions will be taken against the parties involved if they are found to have flouted any rules.

- CNA/gn

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

SINGAPORE: Police say they are investigating a case of road rage along Keppel Bay Drive last month, as well as the case of a cyclist who was captured on video stopping traffic along Keppel Road.

The comment follows a Facebook posting by Parliamentary Secretary for Transport and Health Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim earlier on Friday.

Dr Faishal said he had been asked for his opinion about the recent incidents involving a cyclist and other motorists.

In a response on Friday, police say they received a call at about 7.44am on September 16 for assistance along Keppel Bay Drive.

When they arrived, it was established that an alleged case of road rage had occurred.

As for the case of the cyclist in the video which has gone viral, traffic police are investigating the case.

Police say appropriate actions will be taken against the parties involved if they are found to have flouted any rules.

- CNA/gn

ya, should have been earlier. at times i can see them cycling abreast.

next time i have bideo, i'll post it then.

• Praise 1

Why waste police resources on this trivial thing? Nobody gets hurt and this type of cases, I believe, is a daily occurrence.

U block my way, I toot toot u, u buay song and sing song to me, I also buay song and clap with my middle finger, then we both come together and curse each other parents, then all move on as if nothing had happened. If police resources needs to be deployed to settle this, then I thing we need an army of policemen.

• Praise 3
  • Dislike 2

Why police only act when social media id these acts? Isn't police supposed to be constantly around to catch/deter these acts, and not only follow up after some folks posted on internet? Where have all the police been hiding/sleeping? Not coming out with regular patrols to deter crime? Have the police failed in their basic duties? Do the people have to become mata now?????

• Praise 3

Why waste police resources on this trivial thing? Nobody gets hurt and this type of cases, I believe, is a daily occurrence.

U block my way, I toot toot u, u buay song and sing song to me, I also buay song and clap with my middle finger, then we both come together and curse each other parents, then all move on as if nothing had happened. If police resources needs to be deployed to settle this, then I thing we need an army of policemen.

bike purposely stopping in the middle of the road, challenging driver to a fight in public, banging on ppl's window in aggression, grabbing ppl's handbag, shouting abuse.........is trivial and daily occurrence to u? wow........

• Praise 10

bike purposely stopping in the middle of the road, challenging driver to a fight in public, banging on ppl's window in aggression, grabbing ppl's handbag, shouting abuse.........is trivial and daily occurrence to u? wow........

cos he stay there mah. See the ang mo everyday [:)]

Creating public disorder. Think penalty not light.....

But hope police don't just talk only.

Because need to arrest problem at it's bud.

You let it go, it will grow. When it becomes a problem, the people will complain why allow such behaviour to fester?

Want to fight, go to the another location, not pose danger or create traffic jam to other road users.

this one ANG MO leh.......mata SOP due to public outcry.

ANG MO tua ki [lipsrsealed]

let's give our boys in blue the support and benefit of the doubt here since they are investigating wif all the video evidence available at their disposal.

they would either earn our respect as protectors of the public or reaffirm the notion that some in sg do get special treatment afterall......

• Praise 2

Recently the boys in blue sibeh busy.......got woodlands spitter and Vivio leotard.......... [sweatdrop]

leotard happened b4 spitter but spitter kena first. why ah?

leotard happened b4 spitter but spitter kena first. why ah?

leotard not arrested on the spot but spitter was, I guessed.........

spitting is a seizable offence, but not punching [thumbsup]

wahaha.......has anyone ever suffered a black eye, gash or fracture from being spit at.....? [confused][confused]

cos he stay there mah. See the ang mo everyday

wah sei.....tough neighbourhood sia. [sweatdrop]

waitaminit......are we toking abt telok blangah or telok bronx? [:p][laugh]

Bugger - 48 more people before can praise you again...but Upz for this - road rage is not small matter.

Just hope that police are ALSO investigating the careless left turn and the (alleged) bullying behaviour from the camera car. Would not be very right if the cyclist faces censure but the dangerous left turn is not punished

• Dislike 1

- CNA/gn

Karma will follow him....

↡ Advertisement