NEWS: Lambo drivers need 2 parking lots to protect their 'ex

Viceroymenthol

Woman says Lambo drivers like her need 2 parking lots to protect their 'exotic million dollar cars'

Posted on 28 October 2013

lambo3.jpg

lambo1.jpg

Miss L, a Lamborghini driver, has come forward to explain why drivers of exotic cars tend to take more than their fair share of parking lots in public carparks.

According to her, drivers of exotic cars tend to have their cars damaged by other motorists, so this is their way of avoiding scratches and bumps.

She wrote:

"On behalf of my brothers and sisters out there who also drive Lamborghinis, I would like to apologise for what others may consider inconsiderate, occupying two parking lots.

"The other lambo drivers may feel that it is a waste of time explaining ourselves here, or don't care what others think, or that we are the minority driving an exotic million dollar car, or even that we know what's best for our cars and others do not need to know.

"These are the reactions I've got from my friends when I told them about explaining to the public on STOMP.

"Yes, we know it is a very selfish act, but in public carparks everyone knows you get all sort of drivers.

"Some but not all are irresponsible drivers who park beside our cars, and when opening their doors and getting down from their vehicles, they carelessly knock onto our cars, leaving dents, scratches and unsightly marks.

"By parking in two lots we prevent any vehicles parking beside our cars.

"I strongly believe that no matter what car or vehicle you are driving, you should be gracious when opening your vehicle's door, ensuring that you do not knock into someone else's vehicle, no matter what car or vehicle he drives.

"I used to park in only one lot, but there was this incident that made me into a selfish driver too.

"Basically my windows are pretty tinted, and after parking my car, I was putting on some of my makeup, with the engine off.

"This other vehicle who just parked beside me, he probably did not know I was still in the car, and when he open the door, he basically slammed his door onto my car, leaving a dent and unsightly scratches on my car.

"FYI, the parking gap between our cars is approximately 60 to 70cm.

"When I got down from my car to confront him, he was very shocked, as I think he did not know there was someone in the car. And he was very defensive with his words, was hot-tempered, and he was pretty arrogant, saying that it was just small damage, and that I should just charge the bill to him.

"I don't understand what got into him, but he went on to kick my car, and landed one of his fists onto the bonnet of my car.

"Whether you believe me or not, I was calm, and kept telling him to calm down.

"I did not retaliate to any of his harsh language. I'm a lady driver, so probably he was aggressive towards me? If I was a man, I'm not sure if he would do the same? I was in shock, as It was pretty frightening, when a uncle keep shouting at me ,"driving Lambo so what?" "You think you very rich ah?" "Who you think you are?!", and a whole lot of vulgarities.

"Thank God a security officer was nearby and came over to help me.

"To cut the story short, now in addition to the car damage, he also threatened me. So on top of the car damage, he has a lawyer letter as well. His family, called me to drop the suit, as they were salaried workers and did not have the money to get into these sorts of law suit.

"The uncle also apologized to me personally, saying that he had lost a lot of money on gambling, and was in a very bad mood that day.

"I've dropped the law suit, and as for the car damage, I did not take a single cent from them.

"They were not in the best of shape to pay for the damage.

"This is only MY part of my story, there are lots of stories out there from other Lambo drivers on why we became very selfish drivers.

"I will not disagree that our cars, are our babies/wives, very expensive ones, that we have to take very good care of.

"We also hope that the public will be gracious to our babies as well.

"This also explains why as much as possible we love to park outside hotel lobbies. Although we are not staying in them, we don't mind paying extra to park there.

"It is not what most people who think that we are trying to show off parking outside hotel lobbies.

"Two main reasons, 1) someone will be there to keep a lookout on our car 2) we can have a personal/private parking space, and WILL NOT NEED to take up two parking lots in the public car parks.

"3) Some carparks are too narrow or have humps/slopes that are designed too high, and we cannot enter without damaging the bottom of our cars.

"So to conclude, to save all these trouble, money and time for both parties (myself and the uncle), we rather be labelled as selfish freaks, yaya papaya selfish freaks...

"Hope you guys in future, will think twice before criticizing us.

"But of course we can't stop what others say, but before you Stomp our cars, kindly take a nicer photo of our babies.

"Have a great week!

"Yours Sincerely, Miss L"

Miss L's comments are in reference to ​STOMPer KC's article about a Lamborghini driver who had taken up two parking lots.

KC feels it was very inconsiderate of the driver to do so.

Said the STOMPer:

"It was very inconsiderate of this driver to occupy two parking lots.

"Trying to attract attention?"

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sounds very elitist to me leh.

Every car owner faces exactly the same issue but not all can afford to send lawyer letter like what she and her million-dollar club members can do.

I guess being rich does make her "special".

• Praise 1

My relative who works in a foreign bank shared w me that 1 of the Lambo owner who was a high flying trader also managed to get a special enlarged lot for his/her season parking lot. Understand the trader feedback similar concerns to the security/bldg. mgt. & subsequently, they did repainting of the car lot to accommodate his/her request.

Guess many BnB car owners accept inconsiderate knocks & dents courtesy of other drivers when they park as fact of life. But when its a million dollar car, guess its just also another fact of life that some are more equal than others. Think even a "wear & tear" component like the clutch plates of a Mucie cost $5k based on what I recalled reading from the papers.

Frankly, if I owned a million dollar car that had the same issues.....I would do the same.

• Praise 1

in few ways it hold some truth.

not because its a million dollar car but rather its a really wide car -------->>>Overall width (including mirrors): 2,265 mm (89.17 in)

if you park 2 lots people will not just bang your cars with their doors, they might just use their keys to directly scratch it? which I think is more damaging.

if you need to go places with humps and low ceiling heights just change to a more appropriate car loh.....

my friend sold his alphard for a smaller estima as there are some of the car parks with ceiling lower than 1.9M height. never see him park at the road side

just because his car cannot go in, just need to walk to another car park.

in few ways it hold some truth.

not because its a million dollar car but rather its a really wide car -------->>>Overall width (including mirrors): 2,265 mm (89.17 in)

Like that lorries also need 2 lots liao.

Heard that the standard Hummers were not approved in SG due to issues with the width.

if you park 2 lots people will not just bang your cars with their doors, they might just use their keys to directly scratch it? which I think is more damaging.

if you need to go places with humps and low ceiling heights just change to a more appropriate car loh.....

my friend sold his alphard for a smaller estima as there are some of the car parks with ceiling lower than 1.9M height. never see him park at the road side

just because his car cannot go in, just need to walk to another car park.

Good point, didn't think of that. But again, this type of cars likely to have elaborate in cam too? with some blinking red led as warning to others to stay away?

Yep, heard 1 chap sold of the Prado due to similar reasons.

car cam is still not 100% anyway...the culprit could be another 2 cars away with a brick.

if you park properly is those low lifes that got no regards for peoples car. usually when I open my door I will place my hand at the side as a cushion.

• Praise 1

Like that lorries also need 2 lots liao.

10ft lorry is not that wide FYI, unless its a 14ft. And 14ft lorry cant park in normal car park lot if you dont know.

Just live with it, what to do?

Got money, got talk. Can set your own rules.

Her car plate probably worth more than what some of us are driving here.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

most of such owners are those who barely afford their exotic cars, heartpain to service/repair their rides.

the REAL rich wont even bother about dings n dents. the PA sorts it out while they take the other 1 of 5 spare cars out from the garage.

• Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

heart pain leh.. any of our own car will also heart pain

other ppl slam his door into your car, kick the car, and landed fists onto the bonnet.

↡ Advertisement