Honda Fit 3rd Generation

Damon-_-

All Jazz/ Fit Lovers! This is launch September 2013 and sales order have started in nippon.

Do you think base on current COE and forward, will this car sell? How much is reasonable? Of course we are comparing base on current marktet. Considering a used 2008 Fit will set you back between 45-50k, depreciation for cars like that will be around 8-10k. Is buying a brand new with the same depreciation encourgae sale?

post-56196-0-22136100-1383111997_thumb.jpg

Edited by HyperTonic
↡ Advertisement

Current COE level already make such small cars unattractive...Will have to see what happens with the BHP categorization.

Specs?

Current COE level already make such small cars unattractive...Will have to see what happens with the BHP categorization.

Specs?

Sad to say the most exciting 1.5 RS version would be equipped with a power train that oozes out 132 BHP which makes it relocate to CAT B

However the 1.3 will be kept at 100BHP which I felt is good enough and economical to drive.

• Praise 1

Guys what do you think about pricing and is it a good buy?
Do you think its a worthy buy if its $103800?

Say if you currently drive a second hand fit 2008 and should fetch u a trade in value of say $40k (assumming no finance) I will not need any top up to financing it.

1,317 cc,

DOHC i-VTEC

99 bhp / 119 Nm

But not at today's prices. For this price, more for lich daddy to buy for sweet daughter's 21st birthday.

But noticed there is a drop in torque & capacity? Previously was 125+ nm, 1339cc.

With the new chunky looks & longer platform, unsure if kerb weight also increase. If so, paired with above, may not be good news. Unless the power is tuned such that the it comes on early. If I have a Fit 08 & its doing fine other than fair wear & tear, I will hold on for sure. In fact, if I had 08 model 1st Gen Jazz, I will also hold on.

1,317 cc,

DOHC i-VTEC

99 bhp / 119 Nm

But not at today's prices. For this price, more for lich daddy to buy for sweet daughter's 21st birthday.

But noticed there is a drop in torque & capacity? Previously was 125+ nm, 1339cc.

With the new chunky looks & longer platform, unsure if kerb weight also increase. If so, paired with above, may not be good news. Unless the power is tuned such that the it comes on early. If I have a Fit 08 & its doing fine other than fair wear & tear, I will hold on for sure. In fact, if I had 08 model 1st Gen Jazz, I will also hold on.

Finally DOHC eh? I had a Jazz previously ... power was really CMI, pain in the ass to haul up a full load on Sheares bridge lol.

Promptly traded it in 1 month later [grin]

Finally DOHC eh? I had a Jazz previously ... power was really CMI, pain in the ass to haul up a full load on Sheares bridge lol.

Promptly traded it in 1 month later [grin]

Mayne it was meant for the 130hp/160nm 1.5 model.

But again relative lah. From a Getz 1.4 owner perspective, I was impressed with the Jazz 1.3 1st Gen. (CVT)

Colleague who drove Vios said while he found Vios revvier, his 2nd Gen Fit felt more torquey. CVT perhaps?

Guys what do you think about pricing and is it a good buy?

Do you think its a worthy buy if its $103800?

Say if you currently drive a second hand fit 2008 and should fetch u a trade in value of say $40k (assumming no finance) I will not need any top up to financing it.

New car price : $104k

Trade in car : $40k

Top up : $64k + $6k (interest for 5yr loan @ 2%pa) = $70k

Assume COE falls and you sell it for $50k after 5 years (COE $70k/2 + Parf $16kx0.55 + body $6k+), you are paying $20k ($70k - $50k) to drive this car over 5 years.

As such, it depends whether you think it is worth paying $20k to use this car for 5 years as compared to carry on with your current ride and pay nothing more, except its higher maintenance cost.

Appreciate any comments if it is reasonable to view it this way.

New car price : $104k

Trade in car : $40k

Top up : $64k + $6k (interest for 5yr loan @ 2%pa) = $70k

Assume COE falls and you sell it for $50k after 5 years (COE $70k/2 + Parf $16kx0.55 + body $6k+), you are paying $20k ($70k - $50k) to drive this car over 5 years.

As such, it depends whether you think it is worth paying $20k to use this car for 5 years as compared to carry on with your current ride and pay nothing more, except its higher maintenance cost.

Appreciate any comments if it is reasonable to view it this way.

My understanding is if you are driving an 08 fit/jazz and now there is trade in value of say $40+k which equates to depreciation of est $8-9k per month. Take chance on the current high price for a considerably used car and change it to a brand new car while having the slighty higher depreciation minus the maintenance?

What do you guys think?

My understanding is if you are driving an 08 fit/jazz and now there is trade in value of say $40+k which equates to depreciation of est $8-9k per month. Take chance on the current high price for a considerably used car and change it to a brand new car while having the slighty higher depreciation minus the maintenance?

What do you guys think?

I can only offer you two words - Bo Hua.

What do you guys think?

Why not?

If I have spare cash, I think its still okay to change a 5-yr old car. Enjoy the new ride for 4-5 years and change another new one if COE falls ... of course you must accept some depreciation to enjoy the new car lah [grin]

Live life to the fullest [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1