Audi is the least reliable car?

Jhyy701

Still got the cheek to charge you $30+? ... You never ask them ... "You give me is it ..." ... 😂

Yah they still have the face to ask me, at first i am being civilize until they charge me lol

↡ Advertisement

My last ride was a W211 E Class. Lasted 7 years with 120K mileage with no serious problems. Routine servicing. ABSOLUTELY reliable.

My AUDI has no oil issue. Too much generalisation on Conti cars here.

Edited by Bavarian
  • Praise 2

Its 2014 and you woudl think that car makers would be making cars

that are relaible with gearboxes that don't break down and engines that don't drink oil.

Its amazing that Marketing can still blind so many people into making these choices.

The same way so many women pay thousands for a bag made of cow skin just

because it has a nice brand on it.

:D

• Praise 1

My last ride was a W211 E Class. Lasted 7 years with 120K mileage with no serious problems. Routine servicing. ABSOLUTELY reliable.

My AUDI has no oil issue. Too much generalisation on Conti cars here.

Wow Bro... your car 7 years and only 120K....

My previous ride hit 120k in 5 years driving... maybe I driving too much...

• Praise 1

Yes, not sure about other A8 but heard many audi models also have this prob.

So like every month or maybe 2 need top up the engine oil. Dunno whats wrong, ask them they said normal.

lol what? Top up engine oil every month or two? Bro, how many km you do in a month huh?

I change maybe once in 3 or 4 months which is when I hit the recommended 10k kms mark to change oil. Mines a 3.0T as well.

lol what? Top up engine oil every month or two? Bro, how many km you do in a month huh?

I change maybe once in 3 or 4 months which is when I hit the recommended 10k kms mark to change oil. Mines a 3.0T as well.

The MMI display show lack of oil level, so the engine oil decreasing and had to top up before my next servicing. Drive only 3-4k km then have this problem again

The MMI display show lack of oil level, so the engine oil decreasing and had to top up before my next servicing. Drive only 3-4k km then have this problem again

I have a friend who drives Q7 having the same problem. Engine drinking engine oil... need to top up 1L every month.

That was when he first got his car 2 years ago. Now he said the problem disappeared mysteriously.

Service interval 10,000km? Did Premium Auto really require Audi owners to go back every 10k?

My understanding is, for contis .. service interval are typically 15k. My previous contis -- VW, Ford, Merc, all have 15k service interval. Except my wife's A class,.. 10k (which i dont understand). Ford was supposed to be 15k interval, but Regent want their cars in every 10k ... probably to make more money to sustain its servicing workforce.

BMW service interval was 25k ... now they reduce it to 15k locally.

I have a friend who drives Q7 having the same problem. Engine drinking engine oil... need to top up 1L every month.

That was when he first got his car 2 years ago. Now he said the problem disappeared mysteriously.

Service interval 10,000km? Did Premium Auto really require Audi owners to go back every 10k?

My understanding is, for contis .. service interval are typically 15k. My previous contis -- VW, Ford, Merc, all have 15k service interval. Except my wife's A class,.. 10k (which i dont understand). Ford was supposed to be 15k interval, but Regent want their cars in every 10k ... probably to make more money to sustain its servicing workforce.

10 or 15, i forgot but the point is i need to top up 2-3 times before next servicing

you cant really trust those mileage interval. People always forgotten that idling does not clock up mileage...... need to take that into consideration. Probably 10k is the max you can go inclusive of the idling time.

• Praise 1

you cant really trust those mileage interval. People always forgotten that idling does not clock up mileage...... need to take that into consideration. Probably 10k is the max you can go inclusive of the idling time.

Not true. If your reasoning holds true, then for those whose service interval is 10k, they should bring in at 6.7k.

Edited by Miles

Sometimes I really wonder why would anyone buy a product that could be defective.

The magic of Marketing.

To be honest, if it wasn't for the feedback from owners here in MCF,

I would think this brand is cutting edge technology and could never

imagine they are oil drinkers with dodgy gearbox and steering.

• Praise 3

By the way,anybody knows what brand of oil VW & Audi's agent are using.?I heard is Mobil 1.

I remember Audi uses Castrol Edge......

• Praise 1

The magic of Marketing.

U can also check in audiworld forum, many Q5 owners have this as well

• Praise 2

U can also check in audiworld forum, many Q5 owners have this as well

wew. If this is widespread, I'm just lucky I don't have a lemon. Cos seriously topping up engine oil every 3-4k seems absurd. And I'm not a slow driver also. I do like to rev the engine.

The magic of Marketing.

Totally anecdotal but my Q7 is not a oil driver with a dodgy gb and steering.

ok, the steering is typical Audi numb but still accurate.

And the 8-speed gb is [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

wew. If this is widespread, I'm just lucky I don't have a lemon. Cos seriously topping up engine oil every 3-4k seems absurd. And I'm not a slow driver also. I do like to rev the engine.

Yes u r lucky lol

But everytime i top up my engine oil in ubi area, i also take chance having free afternoon tea lol

Thats the thing. With a top brand you would expect consistency of quality.

You don't want to pay so much money and hope you are lucky to get

a good one that doesn't drink oil or have a dodgy gearbox or steering.

↡ Advertisement