Miss Universe 2013 National Costumes

Picnic06-Biante15

Miss Universe 2013 - National Costume - Singapopre

I was [shocked]:o , is that the best we local designers can produced ?????

Don't know about your view..... [flowerface]

yahoo news: Miss Universe 2013 National Costumes

Shi Lim, Miss Singapore 2013, models in the National Costume contest at Vegas Mall on November 3, 2013. Tune in to the NBC Telecast at 9:00 PM ET from Crocus City Hall in Moscow, Russia on November 9, 2013 to see who will win the title of Miss Universe 2013. HO/MIss Universe Organization L.P., LLLP

for more other countries costumes

link: http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/photos/miss-universe-2013-national-costumes-1383551530-slideshow/shi-lim-miss-singapore-2013-photo-1383552915395.html

post-21853-0-91460000-1383606301_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

really [shocked] but then other countries are just as [jawdrop]

given our multi-racial population. also not easy to come up with a costume that "fits all".

if I am the designer, I will stick with sarong kebaya but the print/colour used wld probably be associated with the different races. sometimes, it is better to keep it simple as others wld probably be outlandish.

Dun wear anything best!! [flowerface]

Thats your favourite, right ... [sly]

if I am the designer, I will stick with sarong kebaya but the print/colour used wld probably be associated with the different races. sometimes, it is better to keep it simple as others wld probably be outlandish.

Wait neighbours will kpkb that Sarong Kebaya was their traditional dress..... [lipsrsealed]

Miss Universe 2013 - National Costume - Singapopre

I was [shocked]:o , is that the best we local designers can produced ?????

Don't know about your view..... [flowerface]

yahoo news: Miss Universe 2013 National Costumes

Shi Lim, Miss Singapore 2013, models in the National Costume contest at Vegas Mall on November 3, 2013. Tune in to the NBC Telecast at 9:00 PM ET from Crocus City Hall in Moscow, Russia on November 9, 2013 to see who will win the title of Miss Universe 2013. HO/MIss Universe Organization L.P., LLLP

for more other countries costumes

link: http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/photos/miss-universe-2013-national-costumes-1383551530-slideshow/shi-lim-miss-singapore-2013-photo-1383552915395.html

Is that a tummy that i see [crazy]

this one i like [bounce1]

047e4f05-4932-455a-84c5-f5bd37fc188b_UNI

Not easy to design a national costume for singapore without making it look like tour guide, waitress, etc... Unlike some countries with a long history with a stronger national identify...we are a nation of immigrants from various countries and we cannot use the native's costume as our national costume without making our neighbours unhappy. It will take time.

I think they just randomly pick a designer that charges obscenely high prices thinking that the outcome must be the best but has zero knowledge about our culture. Whats our National Costume by the way? Do we even have one? I just don't like the fact that these people just simply hentam and make the general public look bad. Its like sending Phua Chu Kang as our icon to the Amazing Race. WTH??