No more Corolla Altis?

Butakim

Supersonic

Quick search on 2009 altis on sgcarmart, how come suddenly most of the 09 altis was sold? Real or fake?

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

OC's friend's family recently bought a Gen 2 Altis with coe balance approx 4+. Their Gen 1 Altis recently reached end of 10yr coe.

Gen 1 and 2 altis is which year?

Gen 1 Altis belongs to the E120 generation of Corolla, starting year 2000. The JDM version of it was brought into Singapore around that time, but Borneo didn't switch to selling the South-east Asian version (Altis) until late 2003. The first Altis went on our roads in around January 2004, exactly 10 years ago.

Gen 2 Altis belongs to the E140 generation of Corolla, launched in 2008. Borneo has never sold the JDM version of it (Axio), although it started appearing on our roads as early as 2007.

Supersonic

I see. I never know about those term of E120 or E140 gen. Cant remember which year of the altis/corolla belong to which gen?! Lol. I only recognise the design of the car, and then roughly know which year the model belong to.

Seems like the 2008 onwards altis quite popular in the used car market.

I see. I never know about those term of E120 or E140 gen. Cant remember which year of the altis/corolla belong to which gen?! Lol. I only recognise the design of the car, and then roughly know which year the model belong to.

Seems like the 2008 onwards altis quite popular in the used car market.

yes, every Corolla (or most car models for that matter) would have a "series number" for every generation, there was E100, E90, E80...

surely you would have heard of AE86? it's a derivation from the E80 generation, being a two-door and a hatchback. not sure how the additional letters and digits are derived, though.

Supersonic

How come i aware of the AE86?! But i really have no idea on the "series number" for every generation?

How come i aware of the AE86?! But i really have no idea on the "series number" for every generation?

went to look up wikipedia...

In classic Toyota code, the "A" represents the engine that came in the car (4A series), "E" represents the Corolla, "8" represents the fifth generation (E80 series) and "6" represents the variation within this generation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_AE86

I think from last time MIJ corolla to MIT altis, until today even the latest CVT altis which have just launched also have good reviews, in terms of overall ride and handling. Thinking how toyota managed to do it for so many different generation corolla/altis.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement