2014 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Carmour

Gee

Glad to know i am not alone

Is tat a design flaw ?

Anyone drove and compared the 7G and 9G? Does the 9G behaves more 'normally' compared to the 7G?

My SE told me that the 7G box feels faster on acceleration though MB figures claim that the 9G is faster. 

thats mercedes adaptive transmission for you. every other car manufacturer buys from outside. only mercedes makes their own transmission, thus you hardly see this problem outside of merc.

yes when its very slow traffic and in jams, after that the transmission lugs, doesnt drop gear and  changes up slowly.

I'm interested to know how long will the 'transmission lugs' last?   Since it's an 'adaptive transmission' as you mentioned, would it begin to adapt again, say when you're out of the traffic jam and started to accelerate, how long will it take for it to not feel 'lugged' during normal driving?

Gee

Glad to know i am not alone

Is tat a design flaw ?

To some it may be design flaw. But to me this is a grey area. Nowadays we hear a lot of adaptive this adaptive that, but at the end of the day, if it's not 'smart' enough like in MB's adaptive transmission, then I'd rather they don't do it.  Not everything adaptive is good.  

thats mercedes adaptive transmission for you. every other car manufacturer buys from outside. only mercedes makes their own transmission, thus you hardly see this problem outside of merc.

yes when its very slow traffic and in jams, after that the transmission lugs, doesnt drop gear and  changes up slowly.

Very likely it is your kar problem.

Slam throttle & shall see an immediate drop gear.

Very likely it is your kar problem.

Slam throttle & shall see an immediate drop gear.

Didnt happen on mine

It eventually will drop gear but maybe 3-4 sec later

But dun feel boost

Didnt happen on mine

It eventually will drop gear but maybe 3-4 sec later

But dun feel boost

You want

drop gear

or

Turbo boost?

Since it is adaptive transmission, it will adapt to your driving style. 

If you don't have an aggressive driving style, it will not change gear aggressively.

(edited)

You want

drop gear

or

Turbo boost?

Since it is adaptive transmission, it will adapt to your driving style.

If you don't have an aggressive driving style, it will not change gear aggressively.

Read my earlier post pls

I am comparing mornings drv n after evening jams

Normally mornin will wheelspin

Edited by Ah_tee

Supercharged

Read my earlier post pls

I am comparing mornings drv n after evening jams

Normally mornin will wheelspin

You drive on eco or normal mode right?

I suggest you shift to sports. Can't expect power on demand otherwise.

You drive on eco or normal mode right?

I suggest you shift to sports. Can't expect power on demand otherwise.

Mornin in comfort

Evenings in s or s+

Even s+ after jam cant compared to C in mornings

Supersonic

I'm interested to know how long will the 'transmission lugs' last? Since it's an 'adaptive transmission' as you mentioned, would it begin to adapt again, say when you're out of the traffic jam and started to accelerate, how long will it take for it to not feel 'lugged' during normal driving?

Had a W204 b4. The GB 'learns' the way we drive i.e slow, stop-go n thinks we ah pek driver. Does feel laggy after a while. Used to do a reset every month to 'wake up' the software

Had a W204 b4. The GB 'learns' the way we drive i.e slow, stop-go n thinks we ah pek driver. Does feel laggy after a while. Used to do a reset every month to 'wake up' the software

No need reset lah.  Juz drive 1 day as if you steal the car.  Confirm the car will not be laggy.

Sounds like a chore. I assume the adaptive GB can't be turned off.  How easy is it to reset?

Sounds like a chore. I assume the adaptive GB can't be turned off.  How easy is it to reset?

Honestly it is not a chore.  It is adapts to your driving style.

If you change your driving style to be Ah Beng, the car will behave accordingly.

Supersonic

Sounds like a chore. I assume the adaptive GB can't be turned off. How easy is it to reset?

Can't turn off. Google the steps to reset for the W205. Quite a few funny steps involved

Honestly it is not a chore.  It is adapts to your driving style.

If you change your driving style to be Ah Beng, the car will behave accordingly.

Ok, if the car adapts rather quickly (5~10 minutes?) to changes in our driving style then I think it's not that bad.  

try this. stuck in traffic/jam, just switch to eco/normal mode.

out of the traffic switch back to sports/sport+

this way your sports/sports+ algorithm will not have chance to adapt to your jam/heavy traffic type of driving.

I duno why pple keep sayin its the drivin style

My last car was >240bhp , this is a 1.6T on 155bhp

I subconciously realised recently i m red Zoning very offen maybe because i m too used to my prev car

Yet the car still feel powerless in evenings

Mornin i still can accept, as mention sometimes i can wheelspin

I feel its more due to heat dissipation design shortfall

I realised w205 intercooler is flat down in the engine bay

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1