Cycling should be banned in MSCP esp kids

Glyuen

Dear bros,

Just encountered a close shave this evening when driving in my mscp. Fortunately, I was going very slow ~8km/h according to my DVR software, and was alert, if not an accident might have happened.

Please drive slowly in mscp and for those who cycle, please dont cycle against traffic flow esp downslope. For parents, kindly watch over your kids especially when they go cycling "just at the void deck". Kids don't know the danger and think it is fun chiong down slopes....

Ignore the date/time stamp. Something wrong with my DVR.

Edited by Glyuen
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Dear bros,

Just encountered a close shave this evening when driving in my mscp. Fortunately, I was going very slow ~8km/h according to my DVR software, and was alert, if not an accident might have happened.

Please drive slowly in mscp and for those who cycle, please dont cycle against traffic flow esp downslope. For parents, kindly watch over your kids especially when they go cycling "just at the void deck". Kids don't know the danger and think it is fun chiong down slopes....

Ignore the date/time stamp. Something wrong with my DVR.

At my MSCP, its not just the kids doing that. I see parents including my 2 neighbours leading the way [knife]
  • Praise 1

why stop them? they can donate their organs to the more needy [thumbsup]

erm they can do it via some other means...

i want my peaceful night rest, licence and time.

I always expect this kind of s--- to happen, as I stay near a school. Just gotta be extra careful.

1 time a kid jump down from side of the slope, got a shock.

Another time a kid playing his basketball and it went under the car.... while I was driving.

• Praise 2

why stop them? they can donate their organs to the more needy [thumbsup]

fully support. in addition it stops the breeding of idiots. you kill 2 birds with one accident...er stone

fully support. in addition it stops the breeding of idiots. you kill 2 birds with one accident...er stone

:D i never think so far ...

in June this yr -->

Cyclist who fell from Bukit Panjang carpark died in hospital before father found out

Jurong Junior College student Sean Lin En Wei, 17, is believed to have been tinkering with his bicycle at the fourth floor of Block 625A, a multi-storey carpark at Senja Road in Bukit Panjang, before falling to his death on Friday night (June 7).His father Mr Lin Leong Chong, a 50-year-old store owner, told The Straits Times it had been an "accident", despite there being metre-high railings around the multi-storey carpark. By the time he heard about it, his son had already died in the hospital. "It was so sudden. We can't accept it," said Mr Lin. A police spokesman said they received a call at 9.24pm requesting assistance along Senja Road. On arrival they found a man laying motionless on the ground. He was taken unconscious to the National University Hospital, where he died. Police are investigating the incident and treating it as an unnatural death.The youth had left home at 8pm after dinner with his family, including his mother, 51, and his elder sister, 20. When The Straits Times visited the teenager's wake, it was full of his friends who had gone to pay their respects. Mr Lin said Sean loved playing sports and was the captain of the basketball squad at his school.He said: "He was always good with people. Many of his friends came to his wake... he would have been so happy to, see them. He touched a lot of lives. As parents, we're proud of him. Even though his life was short, he lived it to the fullest."

really? [grin]

• Dislike 1

you mean it isn't banned already?

i don't think anything else other than motor vehicles are actually allowed. it doesn't have to be written because it's common sense. there doesn't need to be a list of rules at the MSCP entrance that lists exhaustively what you can't do. just like you won't have a rule that says "no murder in this car park".

• Praise 1

:D i never think so far ...

in June this yr -->

Cyclist who fell from Bukit Panjang carpark died in hospital before father found out

Jurong Junior College student Sean Lin En Wei, 17, is believed to have been tinkering with his bicycle at the fourth floor of Block 625A, a multi-storey carpark at Senja Road in Bukit Panjang, before falling to his death on Friday night (June 7).His father Mr Lin Leong Chong, a 50-year-old store owner, told The Straits Times it had been an "accident", despite there being metre-high railings around the multi-storey carpark. By the time he heard about it, his son had already died in the hospital. "It was so sudden. We can't accept it," said Mr Lin. A police spokesman said they received a call at 9.24pm requesting assistance along Senja Road. On arrival they found a man laying motionless on the ground. He was taken unconscious to the National University Hospital, where he died. Police are investigating the incident and treating it as an unnatural death.The youth had left home at 8pm after dinner with his family, including his mother, 51, and his elder sister, 20. When The Straits Times visited the teenager's wake, it was full of his friends who had gone to pay their respects. Mr Lin said Sean loved playing sports and was the captain of the basketball squad at his school.He said: "He was always good with people. Many of his friends came to his wake... he would have been so happy to, see them. He touched a lot of lives. As parents, we're proud of him. Even though his life was short, he lived it to the fullest."

really? [grin]

well, not to be insensitive here, but who can boast of dying falling from MSCp...not many

The other one, I have no remorse was that fellow who cycled on the pedestrian bridge, and there was a barricade put to prevent cyclists. Apparently, the cyclist did not see it and hit his head or sth and is now a Quadriplegic.....

since when did a pedestrian bridge be a cyclist haven too???

Do the crime, pay the time

nah here

DEADLY BARRIERS

Cyclist didn't see them in dark

Wife fears he may be paralysed

By Teh Jen Lee

The New Paper

16 July 2005

THE metal barriers were supposed to make the overhead bridge safer - by forcing cyclists to dismount and push their bicycles.

They were installed only on one side of the bridge near Block 495F Tampines Street 43 on Tuesday evening.

The next morning, a cyclist coming from the other side of the bridge smashed into them.

Badly injured, he is now in intensive care and there are fears that he may be permanently paralysed from his neck down.

The 40-year-old man was on his way to a temple. He would do so every day at about 6.30am.

The father of two young children would coast down the ramp on his bicycle. But that morning, his ride came to an abrupt end.

He reportedly didn't see the inverted U-shape metal frames until it was too late. He rammed straight into them and landed heavily on the ground.

Blood flowed from his head and seeped into the cement ground.

He was not able to get up as he had damaged his spinal cord.

A kind stranger called for the ambulance.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force confirmed that it received a call at 6.53am and arrived at the scene three minutes later.

The man was taken to a hospital and admitted into the intensive care ward.

His wife was too distraught over his critical condition to talk.

She requested that he not be named.

'We're already facing a lot of pain and pressure. We don't want people to keep coming to us.

'The doctor says he has to be determined in his own mind (to walk again), so I don't want him to know too much about his condition,' she said wearily.

anticyclistdevice.jpg

you mean it isn't banned already?

i don't think anything else other than motor vehicles are actually allowed. it doesn't have to be written because it's common sense. there doesn't need to be a list of rules at the MSCP entrance that lists exhaustively what you can't do. just like you won't have a rule that says "no murder in this car park".

I am sure the cyclist is welcomed IF he obeys traffic rules - in that case, that idiot went against traffic flow.

What you are referring is "common law" which is independent of time, and space generally.

• Praise 1

well, not to be insensitive here, but who can boast of dying falling from MSCp...not many

The other one, I have no remorse was that fellow who cycled on the pedestrian bridge, and there was a barricade put to prevent cyclists. Apparently, the cyclist did not see it and hit his head or sth and is now a Quadriplegic.....

nah here

DEADLY BARRIERS

By Teh Jen Lee

The New Paper

16 July 2005

THE metal barriers were supposed to make the overhead bridge safer - by forcing cyclists to dismount and push their bicycles.

They were installed only on one side of the bridge near Block 495F Tampines Street 43 on Tuesday evening.

The next morning, a cyclist coming from the other side of the bridge smashed into them.

Badly injured, he is now in intensive care and there are fears that he may be permanently paralysed from his neck down.

The 40-year-old man was on his way to a temple. He would do so every day at about 6.30am.

The father of two young children would coast down the ramp on his bicycle. But that morning, his ride came to an abrupt end.

He reportedly didn't see the inverted U-shape metal frames until it was too late. He rammed straight into them and landed heavily on the ground.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force confirmed that it received a call at 6.53am and arrived at the scene three minutes later.

'We're already facing a lot of pain and pressure. We don't want people to keep coming to us.

'The doctor says he has to be determined in his own mind (to walk again), so I don't want him to know too much about his condition,' she said wearily.

i heard from a very very senior former LTA official (think, who was your last election returning officer) about this incident. to him it's one of the bigger regrets of his career, as it showed how his agency could do things that potentially affect people's lives so drastically.

the story is that they install the poles on one side first, thinking that they could install poles on the other side tomorrow (or a week later). but something happened on the very night they installed it on one side.

was it the cyclist's fault? i guess you could say so. but it taught the LTA an important lesson, and after that they made sure that if they had to do something like this again, they install all in one shot so that it can't happen again.

• Praise 1

nah here

DEADLY BARRIERS

By Teh Jen Lee

The New Paper

16 July 2005

anticyclistdevice.jpg

Sad story but what to do if cyclists disregard common sense and rules?

Also, I have never seen a cyclist push his/her bicycle across the pedestrian crossing. Why is LTA not taking action? We need more publicity regarding this matter.

Singapore is too small and crowded to make cycling mainstream.

• Praise 1

Saw those kids cycling up and down inside MSCP many times. They really pose a danger to themselves and drivers. But other than this, many times also seen people walking up and down the ramp instead of using the stairscase. Sometimes the kids also run down the ramp!

Edited by 13177

Supercharged

I have seen all sorts of people and vehicles going against traffic flow coming down a MSCP. Got cyclist, got motorcyclist, got car! Pedestrians also do so but they are slower so we can react in time.... [shakehead]

• Praise 1

whatever it is, driver just have to be more careful and dun speed in mscp. seeing a person flying onto your windscreen or pin under your car is not fun.

whatever it is, driver just have to be more careful and dun speed in mscp. seeing a person flying onto your windscreen or pin under your car is not fun.

well, if on mine, he lucky lor, the full service can be accorded....imediately

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2