Honda reveals 1.0-, 1.5- and 2.0-liter VTEC TURBO engines

SeriousGuy

Turbo Honda ?

To me , Honda B Series engine is still the best.

Honda has announced a trio of VTEC TURBO engines which will be offered in a wide variety of models in the near future.

The newly developed lineup of direct-injection gasoline turbocharged engines will work on small- to medium-sized vehicles and will utilize Honda's Earth Dreams Technology. The smallest unit will be a three-cylinder, 1.0-liter power unit followed by a 4-cylinder, 1.5-liter engine.

Both of them promise to have reduced friction and a turbocharger featuring a low moment of inertia. The direct injection technology will provide a suitable balance between high output and torque, while at the same time remaining fuel efficient.

The 4-cylinder, 2.0-liter Euro 6-compliant engine is the crown jewel with its maximum output of more than 280 HP (206 kW) in the highly anticipated Civic Type R confirmed for a 2015 launch.

Source: Honda

8184031082027994623.jpg

↡ Advertisement

In this case, I hope the 1 litre 3ple TC will translate to 90hp/130nm powering the next next Fit.

( Considering that the Nissan Note 1.2 3ple SC is 110+hp/140+nm )

But still keen on the DTEC 1.5 TC though. 100hp/200nm. Perfect for SG utilitarian usage.

Edited by Baal

now then make turbo? abit late isn't it

anyway, it's better to be late than sorry to lose the entire market (classic example of blackberry for their epic failure)

Edited by Wt_know

[thumbsup][thumbsup]

This is good news, my next car should be Honda come with direct-injection gasoline turbocharged 2.0 Vtec engine, HP should be above300hp and torque above 450 N.m, better SUV

wonder how it feels when the max torque+TURBO+VTEC kicks in at the same time. [bounce1][sly]

Torque steer into nearest tree [grin]

Then the internet will say "VTEC just kicked in yo!"

• Praise 1

In this case, I hope the 1 litre 3ple TC will translate to 90hp/130nm powering the next next Fit.

( Considering that the Nissan Note 1.2 3ple SC is 110+hp/140+nm )

But still keen on the DTEC 1.5 TC though. 100hp/200nm. Perfect for SG utilitarian usage.

Ford's 1 liter 3-cylinders EcoBoost engine is already putting out 125 ps easily. I would think Honda's version would be around the 120hp mark.

Unless rwd like S2000 ?

How many Honda models in the past 25 years have been rwd? Two.

I don't think Honda is going rwd for regular production models anytime soon.

will Honda still be using Vtec for their TC engines?

Umm it says so in the article posted.

2.0L 4-Cylinder Direct Injection Gasoline Turbo Engine

Max Horspower: 206KW / 276 HP / 280ps

Max Torque: 400Nm

01.jpg

1003.jpg

1002.jpg

1.5L 4-Cylinder Direct Injection Gasoline Turbo Engine

Max Horspower: 150KW / 201 HP / 204ps

Max Torque: 260Nm

02.jpg

1004.jpg

1005.jpg

1.0L 3-Cylinder Ddirect Injection Gasoline Turbo Engine

Max Horspower: 95KW / 127HP / 129ps

Max Torque: 200Nm

03.jpg

1006.jpg

1007.jpg

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 3

You are wrong. The reason Honda has such a huge fan base is precisely cos they refused to use turbo in the early 90s. Thus the Vtec was borned.

anyway, it's better to be late than sorry to lose the entire market (classic example of blackberry for their epic failure)

Finally the succumbed. First they compromised their all double wishbone suspension and now their insistence on having non turbo.

• Praise 1

No it is not late. Japanese culture will ensure engine has been fully tested. Then& they will introduce to the market. Until today, Toyota and Honda car engine are the most reliable in the world.

Lastly, America and China market are biggest car market in the world. What is happening in Singapore do not reflect other part of the world.

↡ Advertisement