New jobs laws bite into Singapore food outlets, rents

Picnic06-Biante15

I am all ears man. [laugh]

That's why the survey said we are emotionless. 'OK lor' is an emotionless answer.

No Leh.. I always say the weather is sunny,raining or cloudy Leh. Never okay lor.

↡ Advertisement

actually i mean every food rise in tandem. ya, now fast food becomin more "affordable" cos hawker / food court food + drink oredi cost more. even restaurants have set lunch at 9.90+ or smthg lidat.

Ya, understood what you meant. But if go eat hawker, meal + drink is about $4.30 ($3 eco rice and $1.30 drink), easily close to the price of a student meal for fast food. So, if a student sees two options, which one more value for money? Then fast food joint usually got air cond also, so even better, and afterwards, can study there. Once habit set, you know.. =X

Which is why I'm fat. I blame the government! Haha, kidding.. I am fat coz I eat too much and not exercise enough..

Hawker food must be profitable for the hawkers. You prefer to pay more to the hawker for good food, or pay more to the landlord for rent ?

that y now rarely go restaurants.
  • Praise 1

Not sure if it should be cross post to the PSLE thread but here goes...
The Taiwan culture minister (also an author) has once written the following to her kid:

孩子,我要求你读书用功,

不是因为我要你跟别人比成绩,
而是因为,我希望你将来会拥有
选择的权利,
选择有意义、有时间的工作,
而不是被迫谋生。
当你的工作在你心中有意义,你就有成就感。
当你的工作给你时间,不剥夺你的生活,你就有尊严;
成就感和尊严,给你快乐

With the ability to think, the option to choose, the environment that provides,
then one can walk a career path more to your liking with job satisfaction and dignity.
  • Praise 1

The Taiwan culture minister (also an author) has once written the following to her kid:

then one can walk a career path more to your liking with job satisfaction and dignity.

also been telling the same to my kids, yes it is always about having more choices and opportunities.

This is less a case of people being careful of what they wished for, and more a case of the fairy godmother responsible for granting that wish being deaf and/or wilfully stupid.

The people never wished for the lower level workers to be controlled to that extent. They had a problem with the mid to high-level white collar jobs going to FTs. Remember, they were complaining about FTs not FWs.

But the gahmen chose to pretend to listen and then go ahead and do what it was probably going to do anyway, which is NOT what the people wanted.

The words that everyone has on their lips but could not articulate.

Spot on mate.

I like your Taiwanese quote. The nature of jobs can be categorized into a combination of 4 quadrants: (1) not urgent, (2) urgent, (3) not important and (4) important.

If a person is constantly working under the environment of "urgent" and "not important", he would be exhausted in no time.

Best combination of work situation is "not urgent" and "important".

This is less a case of people being careful of what they wished for, and more a case of the fairy godmother responsible for granting that wish being deaf and/or wilfully stupid.

The people never wished for the lower level workers to be controlled to that extent. They had a problem with the mid to high-level white collar jobs going to FTs. Remember, they were complaining about FTs not FWs.

But the gahmen chose to pretend to listen and then go ahead and do what it was probably going to do anyway, which is NOT what the people wanted.

My friend, in a succinct manner, you have described the situation extremely well.

Feel like giving you a 50-points praise but the system doesn't allow me as I need to give praise to 5 other people first before I can come back to you again. Also, there is a ceiling of 5 points.

Anyway, well-put.

Even with the clampdown and so much noise from business, Singapore's FT/FW import policy remains one of the most liberal in the world, be thankful Singaporeans are, by and large, pragmatic and logical.

Now, we need to bring back those campaigns.... LOL...

↡ Advertisement