Workers' Party's AHPETC sees red in latest Town Council repo

Tianake

coming to lift maintenance... my TC should be given triple red... the breakdown rate is like over the top, even a 10yrs old lift at my old place serves more reliable than my blk 3yrs+ lift... pui...

That one is HDB fault. Buy lousy lift from china

Residents should take note that WP fails in running town council graded by non biased institution hor

Chiam never lost any of his town council funds, but he still got booted out

2 PAP run town councils lost millions in Lehman minibonds, still never booted out

Residents should take note that WP fails in running town council graded by non biased institution hor

Chiam never lost any of his town council funds, but he still got booted out

2 PAP run town councils lost millions in Lehman minibonds, still never booted out

dont think the voters voted based on running of TC alone...

in any case, if you manify this problem.. it seem that if WP voted as the ruling party.. they may have serious lapse in their accountablity all in the name of compassion !

ha ha ha ha.. I would like WP to take over.. then i no need to pay income tax , property tax etc..all no need pay.. :P

Fully agree. It's like the pantry committee example I gave previously. The committee has the responsibility to ensure everyone pays their due. How would those who paid feels when their fellow collick are not paying and still leeching food from pantry. Giving a free ride once or twice is ok, but long term is not good for any relationship/

There is no end to being equal.

Just like you buy from a hawker and the person in front of you gets slightly more pieces of meat or vegetables than you, would you complain?

It's the same for TC funding, there should not even be a distinction between 3-rm or 5rm. End of the day the $ collected is still used to clean the blocks. Even if I stay in a 5 room flat, common facilities like lightings are shared, it does not mean I stay 5 room I have 3 tubes of lightings, 4 rooms have 2 tubes and so on outside the door, so I pay more.

How about those bent on litering and messing up the place, while we throw rubbish into the bins? We are also cross-subsidising the litter-bugs who are not even staying in the estate.

There should be just 1 flat rate collection.

• Praise 1

No matter how i see it..

To allow some residents to arrear their S&CC for extended amount of time should not be view as an act of charity..

How could AHPETC use the $$ that does not belong to them to exercise charity ?! .. this really puzzle me.

If AHPETC really wanted to help these poor residents, then they shld have help these resident to get help from varies agencies so that these poor resident no longer arrear their S&CC. As the S&CC $$ does not belong to AHPETC, they have no rights to allow it to be used for such purpose.

AHPETC has failed to accounted for the $$ collected or not collected.. I hate to think that I am subsidies my neighbours' holiday because he decided that it's okay to arrear his S&CC since the TC does not put in effort to collect.

Also given that AHPETC does not put in effort (cost) into collection, that may be reason why they are able to operate at a lower cost..

How about the poor who just happens to just make ends meet?

$50 may not be much to the million dollar ministar, it may sound like $0.50 to them.

The point is do the town councils really want to drive these poor residents to desperation? Just for that few hundred dollars? It doesn't mean that majority of us can comfortably pay it monthly means every poor family can do so.

What effort does the other TCs put in to chase for errands? Send a letter threatening legal action and charging interest till the amount is paid. You call that effort? All letters are computer generated and not even a signature. Moreover, the Letter Of Demand is not even generated by a lawyer. Do these people pay a visit to the unit at all?

in any case, if you manify this problem.. it seem that if WP voted as the ruling party.. they may have serious lapse in their accountablity all in the name of compassion !

ha ha ha ha.. I would like WP to take over.. then i no need to pay income tax , property tax etc..all no need pay.. :P

wah lau, how can!!!

you must run a government like the PAP, without compassion...

even casket van also must fine

This reminds me of the Yaw Shin Leong's scandal which his party got criticise dan came the Michael Palmer scandal. Don't speak so soon.

Other TCs that are not in the red doesn't mean in future it will be green all the way. It's just a matter of time.

As the education minister would say. Pls remember not to judge a party's performance or others' ability, by using a colour.

all the poor families only concentrate in AHPE? How did the other estate cope?

Apparently more residents abuse the system cos it runs by WP?

all the poor families only concentrate in AHPE? How did the other estate cope?

Apparently more residents abuse the system cos it runs by WP?

yalor yalor

proof that WP can't be in power

unlike PAP town councils which made sound financial investment decisions in minibonds

This reminds me of the Yaw Shin Leong's scandal which his party got criticise dan came the Michael Palmer scandal. Don't speak so soon.

Other TCs that are not in the red doesn't mean in future it will be green all the way. It's just a matter of time.

As the education minister would say. Pls remember not to judge a party's performance or others' ability, by using a colour.

"When staying in a glass house, don't throw stones".

yalor yalor

proof that WP can't be in power

unlike PAP town councils which made sound financial investment decisions in minibonds

yalor yalor sick thumb lor :D

How about the poor who just happens to just make ends meet?

$50 may not be much to the million dollar ministar, it may sound like $0.50 to them.

The point is do the town councils really want to drive these poor residents to desperation? Just for that few hundred dollars? It doesn't mean that majority of us can comfortably pay it monthly means every poor family can do so.

What effort does the other TCs put in to chase for errands? Send a letter threatening legal action and charging interest till the amount is paid. You call that effort? All letters are computer generated and not even a signature. Moreover, the Letter Of Demand is not even generated by a lawyer. Do these people pay a visit to the unit at all?

there is venue to help those ppl. what they should do is go through those venue instead of owning TC.

btw, are you saying AHPETC have so many poor ppl??

actually in the past there is example of voter kicking out opposition after votting them in only for the place to be badly manage. so don't look down on poorly manage TC.

there is venue to help those ppl. what they should do is go through those venue instead of owning TC.

btw, are you saying AHPETC have so many poor ppl??

actually in the past there is example of voter kicking out opposition after votting them in only for the place to be badly manage. so don't look down on poorly manage TC.

First is the red tape to qualify for aid. Poor can be those that are already in red or those who barely earn enough, like those doing blue collar jobs. Add that on to their families who have kids and the elders who happen to fall sick. KK hosp charges $90 if you were to bring your kid to the A&E.

To be fair, there are also those with pride and do not wish to reveal their financial status or seek public assistance. Overheard a conversation in a coffeeshop of an old man who was mocked at when he went to seek financial assistance. If one day I were to be down to that extent, I rather go to the temples offering free meals than ask for gov aid. There are things which are made for people to see and believe, but are not the actual facts. Seen the ministars "generously" giving ang paos to the old folks during CNY or food donation? All these are sponsored by some associations in the area. Those who never particpated before would think ministars are very generous.

I wouldn't say all poor people are concentrated in AHPETC, unless the report comes from an independant source, I take it with a pinch of salt. Like I mentioned earlier, Tanjong Pagar and Chinatown has a large number of old and poor people. I'm surprised that the TC is not in the red. Granted that the gov may give financial aid or waive off the S&C for these people, where does the $$$ for these aid comes from? If it's from the gov's coffers, isn't that left hand giving to right hand? End up it's still a "loss" as this sum of $ is not collected.

other TCs swee swee, payment all on time?? Sure or not?

common sense also tell u not possible. unless ppl living in Pappy wards are honest, responsible residents? LOL

↡ Advertisement