Workers' Party's AHPETC sees red in latest Town Council repo

Tianake

I don't know how true is it that the committee is purely PAP MPs, but the writer is basically giving PAP an opportunity to answer an easy question which WP already have the answer.

After that, WP will have to answer the question of why they are running the TC in deficit. You all think this writer is doing a service to WP, but instead, he is doing a big disservice to all opposition parties.

Here's the committee...

post-52759-0-45461500-1416369359_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

I don't know how true is it that the committee is purely PAP MPs, but the writer is basically giving PAP an opportunity to answer an easy question which WP already have the answer.

After that, WP will have to answer the question of why they are running the TC in deficit. You all think this writer is doing a service to WP, but instead, he is doing a big disservice to all opposition parties.

The other part of the jigsaw is in this article on TOC:

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2014/11/did-desmond-lee-tell-the-whole-story/

According to the numbers, all Town Councils are operating on deficits before government grants. It's after government grants that most Town Councils are back in the black.

As to why AHPETC is still in deficit after government grants, read the article and draw your own conclusion.

According to the numbers, all Town Councils are operating on deficits before government grants. It's after government grants that most Town Councils are back in the black.

As to why AHPETC is still in deficit after government grants, read the article and draw your own conclusion.

What would be nice, and what should happen as a matter of course - the applications and approvals should be matters of public record, so that we can all see for ourselves what is being approved.

Community project is a project, approved do it. Not approve, don't do. Even if all projects that WP propose is put down, they shouldn't be running a deficit. You got what I mean.

Then why does EVERY town council, island wide, run a deficit prior to grants?

I don't know the whole process, or how it works, but I don't think it's as simple as this post makes it look.

the difficulty is all these trs, toc and etc have been sexposed by internet people to be chruning out crap

how is it differrent this time round?

even if the stats are true, who will believe? who can believe?

The-Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf.jpg

Community project is a project, approved do it. Not approve, don't do. Even if all projects that WP propose is put down, they shouldn't be running a deficit. You got what I mean.

thats true [nod]

the difficulty is all these trs, toc and etc have been sexposed by internet people to be chruning out crap

how is it differrent this time round?

even if the stats are true, who will believe? who can believe?

The-Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf.jpg

So far TOC is still generally more balanced. TRS is the roti prata king.

• Praise 1

Then why does EVERY town council, island wide, run a deficit prior to grants?

I don't know the whole process, or how it works, but I don't think it's as simple as this post makes it look.

thats also true [nod]

So far TOC is still generally more balanced. TRS is the roti prata king.

i see

Turbocharged

PAP always explain any queries thrown at them... And gives very sound and convincing explanation every time.. Juz like how they explain the AIM saga. Best!

Would you say the same if PAP is thrown all the many shit and kept quiet?

PAP got keep quiet one meh??

They didn't explain, you say清者自清 . PAP never explain, become sweep under the carpet. How objective you are. WP is just doing nothing, trying to lie low. More noise , easy to get picked on.

It is like Mourinho packing the bus, and it is frustrating Mr Wenger.

PAP always explain any queries thrown at them... And gives very sound and convincing explanation every time.. Juz like how they explain the AIM saga. Best!

• Praise 6

Damm sianz about all these mud slinging

Everything pap throw stone, somehow the stone always comes back like a boomerang

Like some predictable movie plot

Can pap chaps do their homework properly before throwing some stones? Really is Jin lau kui

Can everyone concentrate on doing their homework, and don't waste time throwing stones ?

• Praise 3

Can everyone concentrate on doing their homework, and don't waste time throwing stones ?

Not everyone.

only 39.9% or 60.1% did, depends which POV you are coming from.

[grin]

Edited by Toothiewabbit
  • Praise 11

PAP got keep quiet one meh??

And yet wp didn't explain why they give town council project to their crony without tender

• Praise 1

Since our incumbent rulers said WP is very poor in managing their own constituency, let us all remember to put a [idea] big " X " onto WP column in the voting card for GE 2016 <_<

• Praise 3

Politics is dirty. We will never know the whole truth.

But it doesn't have to be dirty.

I guess it all depends on what you are fighting for.

To help yourself or to help other people.

If its a job and I really needed the job, I will do what my boss tells me.

If I was so rich and did it just to help other people then I can do what

I feel is right.

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2