Termination fee after completion of telco contract

Kezg1

extract from another site...I am also very puzzled with this method of squeezing $$

to generate revenue...read on

My Point
Termination fee not stated
I WAS recently told by M1 that even though I had completed my 24-month home broadband contract, I would still need to pay a termination fee if I wanted to end the service.
Why was the termination fee not made clear in the contract or on M1's website?
Can the telco or the Infocomm Development Authority explain why there is a need for such a fee?
Goh Hock Chai
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/...point-20131107

The Straits Times, Published on Nov 09, 2013
My Point
Termination fee listed in form
WE THANK Mr Goh Hock Chai ("Termination fee not stated"; Thursday) for his feedback on our fibre service, and have contacted him to address his concerns.
The termination charge is listed in the application form for fibre services, which is signed by our customers.
Chua Hian Hou
Assistant General Manager
Corporate Communications
M1

↡ Advertisement

Previously in the M1 fibre thread when one of the forummer is offering M1 fibre deal here. The termination fee was already clearly indicated. It's not hidden in small text, neither was is loudly highlighted in bold. But It's there in the terms & considitons. It's also one of the reason I didn't took up the M1 deal on top of other consideration

Previously in the M1 fibre thread when one of the forummer is offering M1 fibre deal here. The termination fee was already clearly indicated. It's not hidden in small text, neither was is loudly highlighted in bold. But It's there in the terms & considitons. It's also one of the reason I didn't took up the M1 deal on top of other consideration

So signing on is for lifetime?

wah.....knn, no wonder M1 fibre more cheaper than Stinktel and Shithub la.....like 王小琥's song : 沒那麼簡單

hahaha....the 'angel' is also one of the devil.....in sg cannot run wan!

How much is the termination fee?

Check on this link in HWZ,

The charges are there. If include installation and termination and other mic charges, M1 package does not look that attractive although still cheaper.

For Termination/Cancellation of Fibre Service

Change of ONT appointment date -> $32.10

Fibre termination -> $32.10 + Penalty as per contract (within 24mths)

Collection of ONT (Upon termination of Fibre services)

Weekdays 9am to 5pm -> $12.84

Weekdays after 5pm -> $19.26

Weekends/PH -> $25.68

**M1 will collect back the modem from customer premises on the 36-40th day after terminating

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sitex-2013-358/m1-fibre-broadband-promotion-sitex-2013-a-4469411.html

Edited by Ender

Collection of ONT (upon termination of fibre service)
Weekends/PH -> $25.68

Total Termination Fee (Fibre + Fixed Voice) : $32.10 + $12.84 ONT collection charge (weekdays 9am-5pm)

Aiyah. M1 monthly fee cheaper so you all sign with M1, right?

As long as your total savings (compared to the other plan you were mulling over) over the 24 month contract is more than the termination fee, it is still win-win, no?

I'm assuming this ONT termination fee is something other telco charge as well other than Singnet but Singnet fees are usually so exorbitant that you will be paying a lot more over the 24 mth contract even if they do not charge any termination fee.

Check on this link in HWZ,

The charges are there. If include installation and termination and other mic charges, M1 package does not look that attractive although still cheaper.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/sitex-2013-358/m1-fibre-broadband-promotion-sitex-2013-a-4469411.html

$32.10? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] I thought hundreds of dollars. Give and forget about the whole thing lah. The 2 years savings for cheap fibre already offset that

Collection of ONT (upon termination of fibre service)

Weekends/PH -> $25.68

Total Termination Fee (Fibre + Fixed Voice) : $32.10 + $12.84 ONT collection charge (weekdays 9am-5pm)

Wait. I don't get this. Fibre termination -> $32.10 + Penalty as per contract (within 24mths).

The person who wrote in said contract was completed, so the beef was why he had to pay pre-term termination charges even when the contract was completed?

Or I missed something somewhere?

• Praise 1

Wait. I don't get this. Fibre termination -> $32.10 + Penalty as per contract (within 24mths).

The person who wrote in said contract was completed, so the beef was why he had to pay pre-term termination charges even when the contract was completed?

It's in the maths. He's not paying pre-term charges (that would fall under the Penalty clause).

(a) Fibre termination = $32.10

(b) Penalty as per contract (within 24 mths) = $0 (since termination is after contractual period)

Add that up, total fiber termination wprks out to be $32.10.

$32.10? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] I thought hundreds of dollars. Give and forget about the whole thing lah. The 2 years savings for cheap fibre already offset that

$32.10 + $12.85 ( Collection during week day office hr).

During most shows, installation of other telco are free, whereas M1 is $58.85. Total is $103.80 minimum. Weekends would cost more.

For me, I rather pay just little more and go for MyRepublic. Better for climbing bukit timah hill.

This is what I am trying to say....he have already fulfilled the contractual obligation and he does not want this operator...as in renting a car from A coy after 1 month then terminate contract to rent from B coy.. does A coy charge a termination fee?

↡ Advertisement