Reputable tour agency for a trip to China?

Little_prince

hi guys.

I'm planning to bring my parents to china for a tour and take the opportunity to spend more time with them while I can.

Was shopping around for a tour agent, and heard a lot of horror stories about some china tours. Any reputatable tour agents to recommend?

CTC and ASA tours ok? their prices seems more reasonable

thanks in advance bros.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

hi guys.

I'm planning to bring my parents to china for a tour and take the opportunity to spend more time with them while I can.

Was shopping around for a tour agent, and heard a lot of horror stories about some china tours. Any reputatable tour agents to recommend?

thanks in advance bros.

Chan Brother's Tour ... [thumbsup]

Bro, go big city or countryside?

thinking of shanghai/jiangnan. Old folks like suzhou and hangzhou. To me doesn't matter. Just want to make my mum happy.

She slog her whole life for the family. Just wanna bring her for a tour to show appreciation. ..

between the two i go with CTC, how about those older tour agent like Nam Ho?

good idea. I'll check it out. Any idea when the next travel fair. Worth waiting?

thinking of shanghai/jiangnan. Old folks like suzhou and hangzhou. To me doesn't matter. Just want to make my mum happy.

She slog her whole life for the family. Just wanna bring her for a tour to show appreciation. ..

good idea. I'll check it out. Any idea when the next travel fair. Worth waiting?

when you plan to go? travel fair usually have one in Feb (for june holidaa) and another one in August (for year end holiday).

since you are going to modern city, maybe good to do free and easy and engage local tour. You can go according to where you like and how long to stay.

But you can visit the tour agent in Peoples park to hear them introduce the attractions in shanghai/jiangnan to get more info [laugh]

• Praise 1

I think the cheaper the tour package (comparing the same number of days as a rough guide), they usually bring you to more carrot shops for carroting. Not say all lah, but as a rough guide. There must be some reasons it's cheaper than the rest.

• Praise 1

i think if you really want them to have a good time, u may check out the places, explain to them and let them decide.

Guided tours are usually quite tiring, you change hotels every night, go to appointed stores for compulsory demo (everyday).

It is true that it is definitely cheaper (before the tipping), you cover more places, tried more food.

But is it really more pleasant for the elderly?

It will definitely be physically tiring.

Btw , it is winter time and it will only get colder for the next 2-3 months.

I suggest doing some homework before deciding where to go, or which package to choose.

http://travel.qunar.com/

http://you.ctrip.com/place/china110000.html

btw, it seems like the southern provinces , e.g. shanghai, zhejiang may not have centralised indoor heating.

http://bbs.hupu.com/1825755.html

So if u really go for free and easy (quite unlikely since u would need a lot of preparation/ reading up before hand), u need to take note.

• Praise 2

I was told a tour of Zhangjiajie with cruise along a river is very relaxing. You may wish to check it out.

Please take into consideration your parents' fitness level as some attractions really require a lot of physical activities like climbing up the mountain etc. Like some have mentioned, it is winter now. The temperature may fall to sub zero. So be prepared!

Btw, I have been to Jiangnan, including Shanghai, Hungzhou, Soozhou, Nanjing and Hengdian (Chinese Hollywood) during winter. It was quite chilling!

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 1

I think my parents have went with SA, CTC, Chan Brother's all before. Should be ok.

Some of the packages which are more expensive, usually have better accomodation or better food.

my parents usually bring biscuits or instant noodles on their trips.

Free n Easy should be fine but have to extra alert and don't kena conned.

My wife's colleague went Beijing with her parents and the old folks got sweet talked into buying herbal products. Spent close to $10,000 and now in a daze as to what made them do that. I think they kena hypnotized.

when you plan to go? travel fair usually have one in Feb (for june holidaa) and another one in August (for year end holiday).

since you are going to modern city, maybe good to do free and easy and engage local tour. You can go according to where you like and how long to stay.

But you can visit the tour agent in Peoples park to hear them introduce the attractions in shanghai/jiangnan to get more info [laugh]

Chow kuan . . but I like.

hi guys.

thanks in advance bros.

My folks went once and complained that tour route was very long and the group spent many hours each days on the coach from site to site.

So check your folks fitness level and your program.

And check the toilet facilities if possible since some more ulu sites can be terrible. Old folks may not be able to take squat toilets and that will be horrible.

• Praise 1

Free n Easy should be fine but have to extra alert and don't kena conned.

My wife's colleague went Beijing with her parents and the old folks got sweet talked into buying herbal products. Spent close to $10,000 and now in a daze as to what made them do that. I think they kena hypnotized.

Chow kuan . . but I like.

shanghai won't be that bad if you dun go for the cheap local tour. free and easy allow the old folk to go one place at a time at their own pace. if they like jiangnan can even space a few more day.

dun go to those shopping places will be fine.

Go for bigger agent like CTC or Chan Brothers. Their package are more 'transparent '.

Beware of those smaller agent that sell super low package price.

Bringing elderly parents, the best is to diy.

Not so hectic. more time to rest and shop.

Can buy those day tours online.

Each day 1 tour. Good enough.

If u need help on airticket, let me know.

Give me a chance to take to the xmm from the travel agency that is station in my office.

Edited by Mcf777
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1