Malaysia: Drive and Eat Melaka by the Bear

The_Bear

Yes if not wrong hotel is huge and has alot rooms

Actually I prefer small hotel with huge rooms.  [laugh]

Huge hotels means more people sharing limited resources like lifts, breakfast service, pool, check in-out etc. First World Hotel in Genting is the finest example I can think of. Hatten can be quite a headache on weekends too. 

↡ Advertisement

Actually I prefer small hotel with huge rooms. [laugh]

Huge hotels means more people sharing limited resources like lifts, breakfast service, pool, check in-out etc. First World Hotel in Genting is the finest example I can think of. Hatten can be quite a headache on weekends too.

This swiss garden room size about 42 and its cheap. About $65 per night. Cheaper than hatten melaka and also has direct access to mall. But the crowd can be a nightmare haha

Thats why i wanna ask if i go on mon and check out wed, will it be smooth?

i see, i drove past in May this year and the mall was not ready yet.

Theres one more akan datang, the hatten city, bigger mall

Bro, you may wanna check this new hotel near Hatten.

http://www.imperialheritage.com.my/

But it would mean that you meet Dataran jam head-on :D

Nice hotel. Room looks spacious too

But the best one check out the swimming pool, super 'big' hahhaa

Theres one more akan datang, the hatten city, bigger mall

oh it was September i last went up, that time still not open yet.

Bro, you may wanna check this new hotel near Hatten.

http://www.imperialheritage.com.my/

But it would mean that you meet Dataran jam head-on :D

Oh I think I saw this hotel 2 years ago when it was under construction.  This hotel is oppposite Equatorial and Fenix Inn.   The location is very good.  

Fenix Inn recept told me it was a hotel when I asked them what building was that 2 years ago. 

Thinking of a beach resort in melaa to chill, got good gai seow? Thanks

I dont know of any beach resort in Melaka. Maybe go a bit north, its Port Dickson liao. Lots of beach resort there.

• Praise 3

Thinking of a beach resort in melaa to chill, got good gai seow? Thanks

There is one.  I went many many  years ago.  Everly Resort.

This resort is out of no where.  Nothing much.  Quite old.

• Praise 1

There is one.  I went many many  years ago.  Everly Resort.

This resort is out of no where.  Nothing much.  Quite old.

I googled and saw the reviews, quite scary leh. Even their own website not up since 2011 electricity disruption. [laugh]

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel_Review-g306997-d301006-Reviews-Everly_Resort-Melaka_Central_Melaka_District_Melaka_State.html

http://www.everlyhotel.com/Everly%20Resort%20Hotel,%20Malacca.aspx

Melaka beach is not that clean and nice, hence no resort build along the beach, even if there is any, they should be more than 15 yrs and very run down, some was convert to apartment.

• Praise 3

1. Why drive into downtown Melaka? Jam until like nuts? Take a cab lah, you are on holiday, can practice your negotiation skills and make a friend.

2. Park outside downtown. If you can get Pvt. Pty like some of us.

3. Melaka is slow and relax, not much except to enjoy the pace we once had in Singapore. The open drains with wriggling stuff, overgrown patches, pastel sunset, ambient city noise. It's like a time capsule.

Dun bring Singapore there. It is quite out of place. You are on holiday.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Thinking of doing a road trip to Melaka soon.

Can any bro advise where to start if I am going by Woodlands?

After JB customs:

Left Lane: JB Sentral

Mid Lane: Kota Tinggi / Skudai / Jln Tebrau

Right Lane x 2: Jln Stulang Laut

Thanks in advance, will be using Google Maps but thought good to tap on experience here.

Edited by hsl118

Thinking of doing a road trip to Melaka soon.

Can any bro advise where to start if I am going by Woodlands?

After JB customs:

Left Lane: JB Sentral

Mid Lane: Kota Tinggi / Skudai / Jln Tebrau

Right Lane x 2: Jln Stulang Laut

Thanks in advance, will be using Google Maps but thought good to tap on experience here.

Hi,

This is what I usually do (I dun knw how to read GPS also and rely on google map) and so far quite smooth and easier.

After woodlands customs, keep left, use the EDL route (it is on the extreme left lane), travel straight all the way until you see Malacca/KL sign, head towards the sign and it will leads you to NSH. 

When in NSH, look out for Ayer Keroh, Exit at Ayer Keroh.  

Please correct me if I am wrong as I will be going in again via this road during the March Holidays.  :)

Hi,

This is what I usually do (I dun knw how to read GPS also and rely on google map) and so far quite smooth and easier.

After woodlands customs, keep left, use the EDL route (it is on the extreme left lane), travel straight all the way until you see Malacca/KL sign, head towards the sign and it will leads you to NSH. 

When in NSH, look out for Ayer Keroh, Exit at Ayer Keroh.  

Please correct me if I am wrong as I will be going in again via this road during the March Holidays.  :)

Hi bro,

Thank you for your reply.

Right after the woodlands boleh customs, there is an upslope leading to this:

post-166701-0-97095500-1456883138_thumb.jpg

When you said EDL route on the extreme left lane, is the left lane before the 3 options above?

Yes noted for Ayer Keroh, highlighted in Bavaria's thread as well as several other Malacca related.

Hi bro,

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

When you said EDL route on the extreme left lane, is the left lane before the 3 options above?

Yes noted for Ayer Keroh, highlighted in Bavaria's thread as well as several other Malacca related.

Not this picture.  The extreme green sign inside the Causeway checkpoint after you stamp your passport.  I can't find the picture.  Perhaps other brothers who have the picture can show here.

After you move further up you will see the below:

https://super325.wordpress.com/2012/04/04/no-free-toll-for-edl-highway-after-30th-april/

Turbocharged

Hi bro,

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

As dleox2 has mentioned. It is right after the custom checks (which they don't really check). Keep to the extreme left and watch out for the EDL signboard. The EDL will lead you right onto the north south highway. 

If you see the picture you posted, it is already too late. But you can always get back on the EDL or NSHW from Skudai route.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1