Malaysia: Drive and Eat Melaka by the Bear

The_Bear

The bear has spoken!

Thank you (for your guide) and bro @dleodleo, will open eyes big big right after passport chopped.

Come back will share.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Swiss Hotel is in the wrong side of town. The swanky side that they are trying to develop which completely misses the point of Melaka. That aside, located alongside the river, the badly designed crossings are a major chokepoint everytime you try to drive out. Walking wise, it is quite a distance from Jonker in the sweltering heat. The same reasons that I have not stayed at the Majestic so far. I would not consider this hotel for the time being.

Isn't there a Swiss Hotel further up the road from Puri and Baba House?

And the Salud is a new Spanish Restaurant just lower down the road from BB House and Puri.

Very good it is too and friendly staff and chef.

Long stretch of beach at Tanjong kling about 10 km north of Malacca although no one swims there and a couple of resort hotels although they are very old and typical Malaysian run down.

The best sea food restaurant around is Bert's Garden Seafood.

Google it and there's a map.

We went there last week and it was quite good .

We'll return there on future visits.

(edited)

Thank you bros @dleodleo and @adrianli.

Pictures are great, videos even better!

Now doing up a deck for the rehats and exits with streetview, something for my veh cmdr to flip tomorrow morning.

Edited by hsl118

Made it to Imperial Heritage with no drama, thanks again to all bros who gave directions.

Hot 35 deg c day, drink up day. Time to work through the bear list.

Made it to Imperial Heritage with no drama, thanks again to all bros who gave directions.

good!  Enjoy your trip.  Eat your chung wah chicken rice, jonker 88 chendol and etc in Jonker street.  Watch cheap movie in palawan mall, go to the weekend jonker street market.

Was in last fri night, stayed at Straits hotels and Suites.. Very good location, walking distance to Hatten, restaurt tong sheng and opp have a few decent massage parlours..

Restoran Tong Sheng is good, try their Cheese Bee Hoon and Milk Crab,

took a 10-15min drive to Klembang for the Coconut shake, worth the drive and the queue, must order 2 next time..

Jonker was the same, not much diff, Amy's didn't open and the Ah Gu wanton mee also didn't open..

Need to find good decent chinese food after 2am.. Any reccomendations?? I did wander ard and come across a random chinese coffee shop but i can't recall where.. this uncle sells nice dry ban mian.. but couldn't find it..

when you go back, while on the NSH near Johor also watch out for EDL sign and it will lead you to woodlands custom.  BUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUMP YOUR PETROL FIRST.

The first time we didn't know that there is no petrol kiosk along the way, we happily follow the sign and end up didn't pump petrol. 

Turbocharged

Was in last fri night, stayed at Straits hotels and Suites.. Very good location, walking distance to Hatten, restaurt tong sheng and opp have a few decent massage parlours..

Restoran Tong Sheng is good, try their Cheese Bee Hoon and Milk Crab,

took a 10-15min drive to Klembang for the Coconut shake, worth the drive and the queue, must order 2 next time..

Jonker was the same, not much diff, Amy's didn't open and the Ah Gu wanton mee also didn't open..

Need to find good decent chinese food after 2am.. Any reccomendations?? I did wander ard and come across a random chinese coffee shop but i can't recall where.. this uncle sells nice dry ban mian.. but couldn't find it..

There are 2 shops opposite Straits hotel that opens till late. One selling grilled stuffs, the other one selling noodles(?) or smthg. Normally I go for the grilled shop. I remember they also have tze cha and porridge.

when you go back, while on the NSH near Johor also watch out for EDL sign and it will lead you to woodlands custom.  BUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUMP YOUR PETROL FIRST.

The first time we didn't know that there is no petrol kiosk along the way, we happily follow the sign and end up didn't pump petrol. 

Thank you once again bro.

Stopped at Machap R&R on way back since ex-gf wanted to check out Baskin Robbins - RM18 for large milkshake (3 scoops) versus RM18 for 3 small scoops in a cup. Got free door scratch from a Perodua too.

Pumped full tank at PETRONAS before continuing all the way to custom via EDL.

Was commenting that should make a detour before custom since between Machap R&R and towards EDL used up around 4 litres :psychotic:

There are 2 shops opposite Straits hotel that opens till late. One selling grilled stuffs, the other one selling noodles(?) or smthg. Normally I go for the grilled shop. I remember they also have tze cha and porridge.

If i'm not wrong u referring to the one opp Station One right.. sells porridge, but they close at 12mn also

Only Shop i went that was open till 4am was Asam Pedas Claypot. Abit scary gng there cus mostly Malays and quite ulu place..(no offence, not to mean in a racist way)

But the Asam curry was good.. Trying to find other locations, cus most of the time i reach Malacca after wee hours.. popular places closes like Mn or 1am on weekends..

Hi,

Where is the Imperial Heritage Hotel car park? I read that it is in different building is it true?  Is there any fridge in the room?  How is the room?  Good? 

(edited)

btw, Novotel Melaka ... carpark steady bo?

let's say new hotel (less than 3 years old) + steady carpark (indoor and not shared) ... which one would you go?

Edited by Wt_know

btw, Novotel Melaka ... carpark steady bo?

let's say new hotel (less than 3 years old) + steady carpark (indoor and not shared) ... which one would you go?

I read in tripadvisor that Novotel melaka and Malaca straits hotel and suites shared the same carpark.

I read in tripadvisor that Novotel melaka and Malaca straits hotel and suites shared the same carpark.

Yes they are.. carparks are well lit the last time i was there.. alot of sg cars.. my Vezel was safe at least for the night i was there.. haha

• Praise 1

Yes they are.. carparks are well lit the last time i was there.. alot of sg cars.. my Vezel was safe at least for the night i was there.. haha

OIC.  Thanks.  I'll be booking The straits and suites hotel for this coming trip.

will try out Novotel being the "newest" hotel in melaka (opened in Sep 15)

post-7984-0-39344700-1457924824_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1