JEM: Glass door shattered.

Babyt

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/glass-door-jurong-mall-shatters-20131129

A glass door at Jurong East's Jem mall shattered on Friday night - the latest in a string of incidents to befall the shopping mall.

Located on the first floor next to clothing retailer H&M, a third of the glass partition shattered into smaller pieces. The mall's spokesman said no one was hurt, and that the glass has since been cleaned up and the area cordoned off.

Since its June opening, the mall has had a few hiccups. Its opening was delayed by four days due to a lack of fire permits. On Aug 14, three FairPrice staff were hurt after a deep fryer caught fire. Four days later, a car burst into flames in the mall's carpark.

On Sep 18, a burst water pipe caused a ceiling to collapse. Three people suffered bruises and the mall shut the next day for safety checks and repairs to be carried out. It reopened on Oct 2.

TKGlassRemains29112013e.jpg

Edited by Babyt
↡ Advertisement

Cheapo quality. I notice the indoor floor tiles used are those rough type which are used for outdoor for other shopping centre.

SUAY.

And hopefully nothing more otherwise the tenants will lose even more money due to Christmas shoppers shopping elsewhere.

I am not a tenant. Just feel for them for paying such high rent and yet the shopping centre keep sabo Ing them.

Must be "dirty" ground.. just open only and so suay kena so many things... must hv fengshui redone or looked at....

i think its contractor le also dirty thing, so both

one year 3 incidents, really something wrong with jem

• Praise 1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_glass_breakage

Spontaneous glass breakage is a phenomenon by which toughened glass (or tempered) may spontaneously break without any apparent reason. The most common causes are:

• Minor damage during installation such as nicked or chipped edges later developing into larger breaks
  • Binding of the glass in the frame, causing stresses to develop as the glass expands and contracts due to thermal changes or deflects due to wind
  • Internal defects within the glass such as nickel sulfide inclusions
  • Thermal stresses in the glass
  • Inadequate glass thickness to resist wind load

I can't believe when I saw comments about haunting and suay-ness.

I mean these things can be explained. Installing the glass panel takes skill. Dan there's the other things like car catching fire. This is car owner's issue. Water pipe leakage is not easy to detect. And water with pressure is quite destructive even with low pressure. Small tiny gap or hole it will quickly grow into a big one.

This is not the 19th century when ppl are uneducated and superstitious. Why they are superstitious is becoz they can't find an explanation. These are all link to the negligence of of the contractors and car owner. Like that also blame it on the ghost? How ridiculous does it sounds?

• Praise 1

I can't believe when I saw comments about haunting and suay-ness.

I mean these things can be explained. Installing the glass panel takes skill. Dan there's the other things like car catching fire. This is car owner's issue. Water pipe leakage is not easy to detect. And water with pressure is quite destructive even with low pressure. Small tiny gap or hole it will quickly grow into a big one.

This is not the 19th century when ppl are uneducated and superstitious. Why they are superstitious is becoz they can't find an explanation. These are all link to the negligence of of the contractors and car owner. Like that also blame it on the ghost? How ridiculous does it sounds?

This is still Asia and a lot of people still have traditional beliefs whether it's about families, money, sex, professions, gender roles or a bunch of incidents at a newly opened mall in Jurong East.

Edited by Myxilplix