Fast & Furious star Paul Walker dies in car crash/F&F7

Vulcann

He wasn't married. He had his daughter with a g/f (never married), who stayed apart from him. Daughter moved in with him after living with her mother for 13 years. So he was a single dad, basically.

Overall, he was a very good man - flying out personally to help the Chilean earthquake victims, etc. Also held a brown belt in Jujitsu. All this from wiki.

Woop! My bad. I'm sorry.

It is unfortunate that he has passed away, from all accounts he was a humble guy who genuinely liked cars and did his best to help those less fortunate in the world.

On the other hand, it is very interesting to watch the reaction of everyone on the modern internet and all the information and misinformation that has come out. You've got a video of the Porsche on fire right after the crash, pictures of him getting into the Porsche at the event, the fake death pic, the less-than-intelligent reponses and outcry and now the "he isn't dead" posting.

I fully expect the crazies to maintain that he didn't die and will make his reappearance in 12/24/36/60 months from now. Oh and the Paul Walker sightings that should begin in about....2 days from now "I saw him in a supermarket in brazil!". Plus the psychics who will start claiming to be speaking to his spirit.

Maybe ISON should have made it around the sun and come back to smack us in the head.

If this happen in SG with an unknown person, this thread won't be praise of the cars and the person involve, it will be curse and swear.

• Praise 1

Maybe ISON should have made it around the sun and come back to smack us in the head.

The sentiment you're looking for was best expressed by Tool in Aenema:

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.

Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.

Followed by fault lines that cannot sit still.

Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits.

And some say the end is near.

Some say we'll see Armageddon soon.

I certainly hope we will 'cause

I sure could use a vacation from this

STUPID shit, silly shit, stupid shit...

Edited by Turboflat4

If this happen in SG with an unknown person, this thread won't be praise of the cars and the person involve, it will be curse and swear.

No point in judging based on the responses of a car forum. Must go straight to a proper common Singaporean hangout - STOMP.

And they don't disappoint: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/speed-a-factor-in-porsche-crash-that-killed-paul-walker-say-officials

which1 on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 13:38[/size]

opening for new stunt fast n furious driver

machomachoman on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 13:24

Obviously he was speeding and most likely drunk too! What is new with these celebrities. Live in the fast lane die faster also!

simplejack on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 12:55

too fast too furious

sukj on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 12:22

F&F is just a movie, in real life, most fast drivers are quite idiot! so, by showing off knowing well that there is a price to pay if you cannot handle THE REAL FAST CAR, i drive a porsche for leisure, not to showing off the power of the car and sending my life away in ruin.

See, unlike you I have no faith in Singaporeans. [laugh]

Edited by Turboflat4

RIP

wonder if a race roll cage like those in cars taking part in World Rally Championship or NASCAR etc could have save the lives of the occupants? automatic fire extinguisher etc may help? in fact, travelling at such high speeds as these fast cars are capable of, helmet, fire rated suits might have helped also?

nah...i dont think a roll cage is much help in this accident..its called a roll cage and not a crash cage for a reason. The pictures shows a side impact at the passenger side and witnesses said the car flew before impact. As many has said the Carrera GT was difficult to handle during corners due to the placement of the engine and most likely will understeer during high speed cornering...but that was its trademark (it was explained in Discovery Turbo about iconic cars). Thats how i got to know!

A tragic loss. I have always liked him in the F&F series. He seems to be a well-liked celeb among his peers as well. Very hard to imagine the future Fast and Furious movies without him, assuming there are going to be any at all.

A tragic loss. I have always liked him in the F&F series. He seems to be a well-liked celeb among his peers as well. Very hard to imagine the future Fast and Furious movies without him, assuming there are going to be any at all.

I read they were on a shooting break for FF7 and were to resume shooting in abu dhabi next week...

enter nic cage for FF + ghostdriver

I thought expensive cars has better protection, now too fast, too furious, wont be the same ...sian

These super cars are designed to be light weight and fast, so I wouldn't expect much protection from the car.

↡ Advertisement