Fast & Furious star Paul Walker dies in car crash/F&F7

Vulcann

Why isn't anyone saying that he deserves it?

He shouldn't have been speeding. Or at least he should have stopped the driver from speeding

What if he crashed into someone???

if you are a passenger and the driver starts racing with another car...what will you do....nag/scold/fark him upside down.....u can do that ones the car stopped but if its too fast u will be hanging on for dear life or i think u would rather grab the steering or bite the driver hoping he would stop. Passenger is in for the ride and cant do much. Please give the deceased benefit of the doubt he was just a passenger!

care to share how would u stopped the driver from speeding if u were in one!

Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

maybe you are right maybe i am wrong.....but a roll cage will be more dangerous in this kind of hard impact accident. Thats why roll cages are not allowed for rd cars.....

you should see those in Bticklands Rd.....nb....the oni thing thats keeping some of them standing are a few sticks of wood!

maybe both of us are right!! up to certain speeds/impacts, having a roll cage may be better than not having it at all. but beyound that, nothing can save the persons in the car? [grin]

want to praise you for your reasonings, but system said i have to wait

Edited by Maseratigood

maybe both of us are right!! up to certain speeds/impacts, having a roll cage may be better than not having it at all. but beyound that, nothing can save the persons in the car? [grin]

want to praise you for your reasonings, but system said i have to wait

no need lar....u can helped by junking silky terrier thread. I tried but faile miserably! hahaha...never junked anyone before but his should be the 1st!

Please recommend them 'cable ties', SMRT tried and it can stand the weight of mrt trains... [sly]

Actually cables and cable ties are not the same mah.

Cables can be made of high strength material and can easily hold the weight of the falling branches etc!! End of the day, those faked trees in Gardens by The Bay are less fall-prone and can be used as roadside trees, but in a smaller scale!!

no need lar....u can helped by junking silky terrier thread. I tried but faile miserably! hahaha...never junked anyone before but his should be the 1st!

oh, what's this silky terrier? let me go check it out

but i like to praise more than to junk... my defination for pointless junk = masterbed, hahahahaaa

Actually cables and cable ties are not the same mah.

Cables can be made of high strength material and can easily hold the weight of the falling branches etc!! End of the day, those faked trees in Gardens by The Bay are less fall-prone and can be used as roadside trees, but in a smaller scale!!

oh, what's this silky terrier? let me go check it out

but i like to praise more than to junk... my defination for pointless junk = masterbed, hahahahaaa

sori...sori...its not thread but his post number 111.

He shouldn't have been speeding. Or at least he should have stopped the driver from speeding

Do you know enough of the accident to say that? Are you sure he didnt try to stop the driver? DId you know how fast the thing happened and that there's time for him to say anything at all?

sori...sori...its not thread but his post number 111.

No problem, i replied the post liao...

Okay okay people, it's that time in the thread.

Can the family member, friend, colleague, gf/bf please come forward to post that the driver is a very good son/husband/father/man and a very safe driver etc etc

6 pages liao and we already got one stupiak talking about he deserve it etc

Edited by Myxilplix

Nothing much to say except I became a fan of his not after FF1 but after FF2, the one which didnt have Vin Diesel..

Paul's stint in the blue Skyline was mesmerising..

I always remember his line..'They got deep pockets?

Just How Dangerous Was the Porsche Paul Walker Died In?
Porsche.jpg

The 2005 Porsche Carrera GT sports car Paul Walker was riding in when he died on Saturday has been at the center of an investigation to determine what happened when it spun out of control and hit a tree. It's believed the vehicle was traveling above the speed limit, and experts familiar with the model are saying the Carrera GT isn't just for the casual driver, labeling it as "brutal" and "a handful to drive."

The bright red car, which was driven by Walker's friend, business partner and experienced racer Roger Rodas, had three times the horsepower of an average vehicle and ran a V10 engine. It can hit 60 mph in 3.9 seconds and is undoubtedly as powerful as it is beautiful.

The $450,000 two seater was heralded as one of the fastest cars on the market when it debuted about eight years ago, with top speed higher than 200 mph. Now, as the model is getting a closer look following the tragic crash involving the Fast and Furious actor, experts say it's a difficult car to control when flying at a top speed.

"It's a pure racer's car," Todd Trimble, an exotic car mechanic in Las Vegas, told CNN. "You really need to know what you're doing when you drive them. And a lot of people are learning the hard way."

Although Porsche originally planned to produce 1,500 of the cars, it discontinued the model after two years due to changing airbag regulations in the U.S. Only about 1,270 GT models had been manufactured at the time, with 604 sold in the U.S. The car involved in Walker's death reportedly had six owners before the crash.

Trimble noted only 25% are left from the original batch: "They're getting rarer and rarer," Trimble said. "Most of the time, when they do get wrecked, there's not much left of them."

Nick Twork, manager of product communications at Porsche, told Mashable the company is working with officials as part of the investigation.

"It wouldn't be appropriate to comment on anything more than that we are deeply saddened about the death of the individuals and are fully cooperating with investigators. We are prepared to help in any way needed."

Although Twork declined to comment on why the car was discontinued, he said, "It's a car we sold for a period about nine years ago — at the time it was sold, it exceeded all safety standards."

In 2006, the model was featured on an episode of Top Gear. Show presenter Jeremy Clarkson said, "Not only is it one of the fastest and most exciting cars I've ever driven, it's also one of the most beautiful." But he also warned: "Make a mistake ... it bites your head off."

Clarkson attributes this to lack of stability control and the car's lightweight nature. Stability control technology keeps cars from skidding, helps with steering when they lose control and at times reduces engine power until the driver regains control. The engine of this particular model is also in the middle, which helps the car turn quickly.

In a clip of the episode posted to YouTube, it's possible to see the car speed out of control at both the 4:55 and 6:25 mark.

"You need to be awake to drive this fast," he said. "The clutch is brutal, the power is savage, and the handling — you really are on a knife edge. But if you put in an effort, boy oh boy do you get the rewards."

In addition to starring in The Fast and the Furious racing car franchise films, Walker developed an off-screen love for sports cars. Twitter user Victor Mosqueda posted a picture (seen above) of the actor with the Carrera GT, claiming the shot was taken just a few hours before the crash.

now i see why you have 18 post and -99 points, keep it up and you may get to the highest -ve point in mcf [thumbsup][thumbsup]

[edit] i think you already did [laugh]

Edited by Jman888