The new Perdana is an 8th gen Honda Accord

Alheych

Just came back from Ipoh.

During my trip in Malaysia, driving along Proton Perdana, I definitely thumb up with Proton OEM Honda car.

The Perdana looks great and definitely iVTEC power traveling past 190km/hr on highway.

I don't mind if the selling price is cheaper compare to Mazda 6

Just came back from Ipoh.

During my trip in Malaysia, driving along Proton Perdana, I definitely thumb up with Proton OEM Honda car.

The Perdana looks great and definitely iVTEC power traveling past 190km/hr on highway.

I don't mind if the selling price is cheaper compare to Mazda 6

but the current Accord Perdana you see won't be available on the market. only a few thousand will be produced, entirely for government use. the re-designed model will come 2 years later.

(edited)

Personally, I favour the Honda K series engine (K20 & K24). It may be out dated (14 years old) but superb reliability and ease to maintain.

The previous generation Civic and Accord (K20 & K24) is one of the best engine developed by Honda. it may loose out to turbo engine, but high rev sound is sweet to the ear.

No matter how you push it to red line, it performs up to expectation. Even coming to end of COE life, my car still able to max out equal to day 1 ownership.

Edited by Tcx607

(edited)

New perdana, cost about 120k rm

that's punctual... down to the week haha.

but the current Accord Perdana you see won't be available on the market. only a few thousand will be produced, entirely for government use. the re-designed model will come 2 years later.

considering that this was based on the 8th gen Accord, the modification to its styling is quite commendable.

purely an academic discussion since this is unlikely to be relevant to Singapore. the terms of the collaboration stipulated no export, and limits production to 7,000 units a year. export would only be considered if proton develops its own engine. there really isn't a business case for it in Singapore since the taxation regime will cripple its ability to compete.

Proton_Perdana_24_Grey_Ext_03-1.jpg

Proton_Perdana_24_Grey_Ext_21-1.jpg

Proton_Perdana_24_Red_Int_40-2-850x567.j

Proton_Perdana_24_Red_Int_46-2-850x567.j

Edited by Alheych
↡ Advertisement