Latio - 90 plus Km etc

Verieying

So far my Laito mileage in 200k region.. so far so good.. as other bro mentioned.. do the needful engine oil change and it should last long enuf.. at least till COE expired

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

This engine is indeed not reliable as a sunny. Saw a few cases like that in ws already, but most are approaching 180k already

Don't scare me leh... Mine still got 2yrs+ to go and already 19x....

• Praise 1

Sold mine (4AT) with 180+k km at odometer.

Some of my main issues are,

- Steering coupling,

- Ignition coil, kaput at 94k km,

- Front left brake caliper jam

Yes, the spark plugs are expensive but you could get them at mxtradings and get autosavers to change for you.

As for the engine, though is AL, it did not give me any issues and the plus point is that it run cooler (approx 75C).

Yes. Newer cars already move to Aluminium engine.

Cast Iron is old technology.

Latio is like 100kg lighter than similar size Korean make.

Mine, replace aircon at 4th year.

Other than this, it is a good car.

My 8 yrs old latio already need to replace aircon coil twice. 1 in the 5th yr & 1 just 2 weeks ago.

The latio aircon coil always kaput one. Be sure to check that.

If it's CVT also check that. If it's 4AT thats more reliable.

Check steering rack also.

Ignition coil all those stuff are considered 'wear and tear' lah.

Sold mine (4AT) with 180+k km at odometer.

Some of my main issues are,

- Steering coupling,

- Ignition coil, kaput at 94k km,

- Front left brake caliper jam

Yes, the spark plugs are expensive but you could get them at mxtradings and get autosavers to change for you.

As for the engine, though is AL, it did not give me any issues and the plus point is that it run cooler (approx 75C).

err......what is a steering coupling???

Common problem with latio & sylphy. I changed my steering coupling at Tan Chong for my sylphy 1.5A (same engine as latio) at around $300+ Last year. I think they still got promotion going on.

It's a short shaft below the steering. Got tok tok sound when reversing into park lot at slow speed when turning the steering especially to right turn. Can feel something loose below from the steering wheel.

Common problem with latio & sylphy. I changed my steering coupling at Tan Chong for my sylphy 1.5A (same engine as latio) at around $300+ Last year. I think they still got promotion going on.

It's a short shaft below the steering. Got tok tok sound when reversing into park lot at slow speed when turning the steering especially to right turn. Can feel something loose below from the steering wheel.

I drive a Civic FD and had the same steering coupling problem and my car only 4yrs, 80k mileage. Lucky for me my car has a 5yr warranty so it was changed under warranty. I had driven a rented Civic previously and it had the same issue. Just wondering if this is a common problem amongst Jap cars or maybe I suay!

• Praise 3

I heard this about Latio from a guy who was washing car next to me recently.

He says that his car engine kaput at the 9th year and it costs few thousands to replace.

He claims the engine of Latio is aluminum made unlike most cars made of cast iron!

He further claims that it's because of the aluminum engine that gives Latio good fuel efficiency.

Not sure how true this is but certainly interesting info!!

Rubbish nowadays a lot of cars already using aluminium engine block. It's the iron cast that is the rarer ones.

Don't see them having problems. I got an uncle latio almost 9 years also no problem.

The owner must be smoked by ws..

I drive a Civic FD and had the same steering coupling problem and my car only 4yrs, 80k mileage. Lucky for me my car has a 5yr warranty so it was changed under warranty. I had driven a rented Civic previously and it had the same issue. Just wondering if this is a common problem amongst Jap cars or maybe I suay!

It's a common problem... My latio has this sound on 4th yrs onward and I'm used to it, didn't bother to get it fixed.. 2 colleagues with FD also same sound...

It's a common problem... My latio has this sound on 4th yrs onward and I'm used to it, didn't bother to get it fixed.. 2 colleagues with FD also same sound...

Ok thanks for the feedback. I suppose as long as there's no safety issue then should be fine but quite irritating. Cheers!

Edited by Spring
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5