Question About Exhaust Muffler

QQDreamer

Supercharged

it is safe, just that the sound will be very very irritating lor.. for me i cannot stand the sound cos its getting louder and louder. So i get it replace for peace of mind. Also FC will go up if not replace.

Actually the sound comes out only when engine is idling. But when cruising there is no sound.....probably less vibration. Anyway will try to replace it this Sat, or if not early next week.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

mine at first when moving off also no sound than becoming more and more even when moving stepping accelerator the sound also can be heard.

Supercharged

mine at first when moving off also no sound than becoming more and more even when moving stepping accelerator the sound also can be heard.

I replaced the muffler (which includes the tail pipe) in JB yesterday. Its the orginal set and brand new. Now exhaust is very quiet and can feel more power from the engine.

Thanks, bro MKman for your advices.

I replaced the muffler (which includes the tail pipe) in JB yesterday. Its the orginal set and brand new. Now exhaust is very quiet and can feel more power from the engine.

no problem, we are all here to learn and share knowledge with each other. glad that you also have solved your problem. good choice doing it in malaysia, cos proton originate from msia. how much u spend replacing the new stock muffler in msia?

tink ur faulty pipe....due to some broken parts/holes, caused reduction in back pressure, which in turns causes loss of torque, assuming car is stock.

hence, with new muffler, back pressure is restored, resulting in getting back the loss torque.

Supercharged

no problem, we are all here to learn and share knowledge with each other. glad that you also have solved your problem. good choice doing it in malaysia, cos proton originate from msia. how much u spend replacing the new stock muffler in msia?

The damage was RM360, including labour.

tink ur faulty pipe....due to some broken parts/holes, caused reduction in back pressure, which in turns causes loss of torque, assuming car is stock.

hence, with new muffler, back pressure is restored, resulting in getting back the loss torque.

Yes, now can feel the response from the engine when I step on the accelerator. Before that is not so responsive, thou still able to move.

The damage was RM360, including labour.

wah RM360 include labour is really cheap. some more original part. installation doesnt take too long also correct? just unbolt and install the new stock muffler and finish.

Supercharged

wah RM360 include labour is really cheap. some more original part. installation doesnt take too long also correct? just unbolt and install the new stock muffler and finish.

Cheap only because of the favorable currency exchange lah.

Yes. Installation very fast, probably 15 mins or less. Cos the whole set is custom made to fit exactly, so unbolt (from front pipe) the old exhaust, remove it, then hook up new exhuast and bolt up to the front pipe, and finish. [:)]

Yes. Installation very fast, probably 15 mins or less. Cos the whole set is custom made to fit exactly, so unbolt (from front pipe) the old exhaust, remove it, then hook up new exhuast and bolt up to the front pipe, and finish. [:)]

Ok la... anyway still cheap ma..

Ok la... anyway still cheap ma..

Sorry to hijack thread. I was quoted abt S$200-250 to operate on my camry exhaust muffler. Is it a reasonable price ? Any bros can advise ?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Sorry to hijack thread. I was quoted abt S$200-250 to operate on my camry exhaust muffler. Is it a reasonable price ? Any bros can advise ?

Thanks.

I prefer not to touch original muffler. Just ask shop to custom make one bolt-on semi-flow . So even if kenna caught can change back easily. If sway, you will have hard time looking for original one. Expensive too ...

• Praise 2

Thanks.

I tot Camry is ah Pek car?

Why u wan to modify? Wrong model leh. Mod u sud have bought something more sporty?

Thanks.

Hmm,Camry,operated also cannot run fast....can run fast also cannot control.

Thanks.

How much hp gain from doing this? Dun waste time & money.

Thanks all bro for feekback. I have a spare muffler and wanted some vroom vroom sound if i rev like my previous car. I know it looks ah pek but i just love some sound and not really massive power gain. Therefore, not sure if price quoted is reasonable... can advise an old ah pek: )

Thanks all bro for feekback. I have a spare muffler and wanted some vroom vroom sound if i rev like my previous car. I know it looks ah pek but i just love some sound and not really massive power gain. Therefore, not sure if price quoted is reasonable... can advise an old ah pek: )

you backside itchy? too much money dunno how to spent? give us your money we help you to spend. why want to attract unwanted attention? you like to contribute to the nation?

• Praise 1

you backside itchy? too much money dunno how to spent? give us your money we help you to spend. why want to attract unwanted attention? you like to contribute to the nation?

No lah... Backside itchy...

Supercharged

haha, me 2, i have been driven more than 10 cars in my entire working life. and i modified or changed my exhaust in all my cars.

even if its just a worthless car. i juz like the vroom vroom sound from the exhaust to injet some sparks to the boring trips.

Thanks.

base on my experience, you can get it operated for $180.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1