D2S Bulbs

Fastfive1

Does anyone have any recommendations on which brand to get and where to get it from?

I'm looking at replacing my blown D2S bulb.

Edited by BabyBlade
↡ Advertisement

I have 2 brand new D2S phillip bulb due to wrong purchase last time @ 300+ from Europe. If you interest can pm me.

Phillips Extreme Vision D2S 35W 5000k x 1 pair

Edited by Lydiachristopher
  • Praise 1

I have some Made in Korea D2S sin$55 each - pls PM or email me [email protected]

i need a pair of H7 which is more whitish in colour.

My present stock H7 quite yellowish and not bright. Please also include the small courtesy light which is also white or else may look strange with headlight white while the small one yellowish. If possible.

(edited)

i need a pair of H7 which is more whitish in colour.

My present stock H7 quite yellowish and not bright. Please also include the small courtesy light which is also white or else may look strange with headlight white while the small one yellowish. If possible.

Unless you're gonna convert to HID, there is no way you're gonna get anything that is whitish in color.

Halogen bulbs will always produce a yellow light.

What most manufactures do to create the white light effect is to tint the glass of the bulb without doing much to the actual bulb itself.

Edited by Fastfive1

Unless you're gonna convert to HID, there is no way you're gonna get anything that is whitish in color.

Halogen bulbs will always produce a yellow light.

What most manufactures do to create the white light effect is to tint the glass of the bulb without doing much to the actual bulb itself.

for me not exactly very white but less yellow will do nicely for me.

for me not exactly very white but less yellow will do nicely for me.

You can try the osram night breaker though those are pricey.

Even then, those will still be yellow and adding a white parking light won't make it look much better.

Just my thoughts.

You can try the osram night breaker though those are pricey.

Even then, those will still be yellow and adding a white parking light won't make it look much better.

Just my thoughts.

Guess need to see it to decide.

Okay I managed to get hold of the Osram Cool Blue Intense. Damn they ain't cheap. Got it off one of the sellers on the marketplace. Oh well the bulbs look great. 5000k is just nice. Close to 6000k but can shine damn far. Went up NSH and I didn't even need my high beams.

Okay I managed to get hold of the Osram Cool Blue Intense. Damn they ain't cheap. Got it off one of the sellers on the marketplace. Oh well the bulbs look great. 5000k is just nice. Close to 6000k but can shine damn far. Went up NSH and I didn't even need my high beams.

wow, good for you. Maybe those looking at Philips x treme vision should consider this night breaker too.

btw D2S is HID bulb while this osram/philips cool blule are normal halogen bulb. You convert your HID to halogen?

Previously converted my fog light HID back to original halogen as the HID not reliable, sometimes not working (despite changing the ballast and bulb, not sure why).

and my advice to those who contemplated to "upgrade" their HID bulb to whiter/bluer eg 6k, 8k or higher - No unless u dont mind the reduce in light intensity. Installed 8k previously, discard it soon after. Guees std 5k gives the most luminence.

The latest now is the LED lights eg those new E class avantgarde, new odyssey, new harrier, new 7 series - very bright and white.

wow, good for you. Maybe those looking at Philips x treme vision should consider this night breaker too.

btw D2S is HID bulb while this osram/philips cool blule are normal halogen bulb. You convert your HID to halogen?

Previously converted my fog light HID back to original halogen as the HID not reliable, sometimes not working (despite changing the ballast and bulb, not sure why).

and my advice to those who contemplated to "upgrade" their HID bulb to whiter/bluer eg 6k, 8k or higher - No unless u dont mind the reduce in light intensity. Installed 8k previously, discard it soon after. Guees std 5k gives the most luminence.

The latest now is the LED lights eg those new E class avantgarde, new odyssey, new harrier, new 7 series - very bright and white.

I'm sorry do you know what I'm talking about?

Osram cool blue intense is a xenon bulb (aka HID) if you're talking about the bulb size D2S. The D2S bulb requires a ballast just like any HID set up. For HID, Osram has the Cool Blue Intense 5000k while Philips has the Ultinon 6000k.

I would say 6000k is pretty decent but I couldn't find the Philips one here at a reasonable price so I decided to get the Osram 5000K. I can say that they're definitely better than my original 4300K bulbs. They show more contrast against really dark areas. Go to NSH and you'll see. The stock HID set up on most cars is 4300k.

The downside about HID is that it takes time to warm up but if you talk about the brightness and light throw, HID is still better than your Halogen. I'm curious, how did you remove your HID set up back to Halogen? From what I know, HID bulbs are of a different size compared to halogen bulbs. Unless you mean to tell me that an after market HID was fitted and you removed it? If it was indeed an after market kit with a cheap ballast installed, I can understand why it's not reliable. Factory fitted ballasts are usually produced by Denso and they can last at least 10 years.

D2S 5000k or 6000k bulbs give you real white light from the bulbs because they use xenon gas and a bunch of minerals inside the bulb capsule to produce the color. The same cannot be said about those H4 bulbs with a blue coating on them. They're coated blue to give the blue-ish or white-ish effect. In fact they're nothing more than regular halogen bulbs pretending to be HID bulbs. The HID kits available for H4 bulb set ups are similar to making use of a D2S bulb and changing the base of the bulb so it can fit the H4 housing.

• Praise 1

Thanks. Yes, the fog light is originally normal halogen, changed to HID, than changed back to halogen.

Oh, confuse with the halogen one as i saw similar names at autobachs (philips xtreme, osram night breaker etc).

Guess the replacement hid bulb that i bought is the cheap one, hence of lower quality than stock bulb.

↡ Advertisement