China's Xiaomi Is Coming ...

Picnic06-Biante15

Does it have playstore? Understand some android china phone do not have them, got to install ourselves.

You all didn't go to the link provided? Redmi will be on sale online via their website on 21st feb. There' no mentioned on telco tied up yet.

They have their own version of playstore... quite extensive too... I rem i downloaded puffin or penguin browser for free. Andriod have to pay

Does it have playstore? Understand some android china phone do not have them, got to install ourselves.

You all didn't go to the link provided? Redmi will be on sale online via their website on 21st feb. There' no mentioned on telco tied up yet.

Sold on internet?

Think the website will crash on 21st Feb. lol.

Sold on internet?

Think the website will crash on 21st Feb. lol.

I think don't have. Xiaomi is running it's own stand alone android os, smth like the kindle fire is doing. same apk, but all the thing is controlled by kindle.

The interface that i check on youtube are like iOS-like with also the convenience of android.

Haha. I also think it will crash. Sure got lotsa kiasu parents wanna buy for their kids too... What a great alternative as a kid's phone. Price is right, play game children will also like.

XiaoMi is in discussion with all three local telco. M1 already announced they are in discussion, now Starhub and Singtel also in.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/tech-news-three-telcos-currently-discussions-xiaomi-sell-its-phones-singapore-update

Updated at 9.30PM: Both SingTel and StarHub informed HardwareZone that they are also in discussions with Xiaomi.

since xiaomi 1 out, always wana buy but dun dare ship in..scare people cope..lol

i think Mi4 coming soon

maybe wait for Mi4, LTE pls i hope

xiaomi 1 that time all phones no LTE, so that period, is 1 of best specs phone around

now no LTE ,good specs also useless..lol

since xiaomi 1 out, always wana buy but dun dare ship in..scare people cope..lol

i think Mi4 coming soon

xiaomi 1 that time all phones no LTE, so that period, is 1 of best specs phone around

why? i'm using 3G only. Won't die if internet is slower one la...

last time we also use 56k modem surf internet, download songs, download video [laugh]

why? i'm using 3G only. Won't die if internet is slower one la...

last time we also use 56k modem surf internet, download songs, download video [laugh]

lol coz usually get use the big screen or fast speed, v hard adjust back ma..lol

like now, i find iphone so small..lol

Edited by Freestylers09

i think Mi4 coming soon

I think most models at this price range of less than $200 (no contract) from samsung, HTC, Sony, also don't have LTE and not even quad core.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

I think most models at this price range of less than $200 (no contract) from samsung, HTC, Sony, also don't have LTE and not even quad core.

yup..thats why value for $ with the specs

i read an article ,even apple ceo steve wozniak said xiaomi is good enough to break us market

even he using xiaomi 3..lol

• Praise 1

Xiaomi Mi-3 launches in Singapore on March 7
by John Chan | 19 February 2014 2:01pm SGT
xiaomi_sgtheme.jpg
Xiaomi created a Singapore MIUI theme to commemorate the launch of the Redmi in the country.
(Credit: Xiaomi)
Xiaomi has started its global expansion outside of Greater China (China, Taiwan and Hong Kong), beginning in the city-state of Singapore. The company's midrange Redmi Android smartphone (our full review here) will go on sale starting this Friday for S$169 (US$134). Given the device's specs, which includes a 720p IPS display and quad-core MediaTek processor, the price is extremely attractive.
In addition, Xiaomi's VP Hugo Barra, who is in charge of global expansion, announced that the flagship Xiaomi Mi-3 smartphone will be available in Singapore from March 7 for S$419 (US$332). This model is the same as the one sold in Hong Kong and Taiwan and will not include LTE connectivity. However, company co-founder Lin Bin said Xiaomi is working on new LTE models and expects to unveil them later this year.
Aside from hardware, Xiaomi is well-known for its highly customizable MIUI software. To commemorate the launch in Singapore, the company has created a software theme (shown above) with Singapore-centric app icons and an image of the city's skyline for the wallpaper.
Those interested in buying the Redmi can visit xiaomi.com/sg on February 21 -- customers can place an order starting from 12pm (GMT+8). Do note that Xiaomi handsets have proven to be extremely popular in all the markets they have been launched, and usually sell out within minutes of availability.
For those who prefer not to participate in the five (or fewer) minutes of madness this Friday, all three Singapore telcos will also be offering the Redmi. StarHub is the first to announce its plan to sell the phone starting February 27 at S$169 with a prepaid plan or as low as S$0 with a post-paid plan. At the time of writing, both M1 and SingTel have yet to announce their plans.
Xiaomi will open a service center for Singapore customers in a shopping mall called The Central. The company plans to expand to a larger location in the future, with Barra adding that a retail presence could also be a possibility. Singapore will be the base of operations for this region's expansion, with a new corporate office and a distribution center slated to be opened soon. Malaysia will likely be the next launch country but no specific availability date was given.

it's a shame that the LTE feature is not available. but it's still a solid phone at an incredible price point.

xiaomi's mi3 is is going to have LTE soon...

http://asia.cnet.com/xiaomi-mi-3-launches-in-singapore-on-march-7-62223671.htm

Nokia's latest Lumia icon looks good too...

http://www.chaaky.com/11/view_message_public

↡ Advertisement