China's Xiaomi Is Coming ...

Maxus-MIFA9

I'm thinking of getting the mi6, bec it's more value for money than s8 or lg g6 etc.. almost similar performance (albeit lower) but at about half the price of s8.. can't beat that..

I had a look at Mi 6 specs too. 6GB RAM.  :slow:

Specs-wise, must admit the Chinese phones are really quite on top.

↡ Advertisement

I had a look at Mi 6 specs too. 6GB RAM.  :slow:

Specs-wise, must admit the Chinese phones are really quite on top.

i think have to really benchmark the phones.

Like the infamous huawei P10 whereby the manufacturer used slower RAM in some batches. They claim it doesn't make a difference but the benchmarks tell a different story  [:|]

At least i know the Huawei and OnePlus camera at the flagships are at least decent. Xiaomi no proper reviews overseas though.

isn't a LG g6 around that price? 

Given u can get a S8 now for high 700s. 

Think G6 is only 600+ now.

I'm considering a S8+ for 890.

Dude, YOLO.  Get it . Lol.

I'm waiting for the Note 8 and S8 camera comparison to be done before deciding.

I feel the Note 8 is better than the S8+ only in 3 things, namely the S pen, dual camera for bokeh, and can write the words to send and receiver can see the handwriting strokes.  Any other advantages ? But the price difference is quite big at least during intial launch of the n8.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

I feel the Note 8 is better than the S8+ only in 3 things, namely the S pen, dual camera for bokeh, and can write the words to send and receiver can see the handwriting.  Any other advantages ? But the price difference is quite big at least during intial launch of the n8.

6gb ram vs 4gb.

However slightly smaller capacity battery compared to the S6+.

Yeah 500 dollar difference is really hard to stomach  -_-

anyway i've decided on the S series, cos it's more comfy to hold bah with my one handed usage

Like the infamous huawei P10 whereby the manufacturer used slower RAM in some batches. They claim it doesn't make a difference but the benchmarks tell a different story  [:|]

At least i know the Huawei and OnePlus camera at the flagships are at least decent. Xiaomi no proper reviews overseas though.

Yes, I recall the link you provided.

Guess that's why I still stick to Sony ...  [laugh]

I did spend some time going around molesting some current models to understand the latest features. Last time I bought a phone was almost 4 years ago lah. Huawei P10 is also another feature-packed phone, and I think prices on Lazada have come down to $600ish. But think I read some not so positive comments on Huawei UI. Oppo is too plasticly and looks too much like Samsung. 

6gb ram vs 4gb.

However slightly smaller capacity battery compared to the S6+.

Yeah 500 dollar difference is really hard to stomach  -_-

anyway i've decided on the S series, cos it's more comfy to hold bah with my one handed usage

Yes the S8 curved front and back edges makes the phone really comfortable to hold.  But if you use a case then it doesn't make a difference liao, so best to use it naked, just try not to drop it.  Let me make a guess, you will choose the black colour, judging by your character.  Right ?  Lol.

Mi 6 is more than half the price of S8 for international set close to $800.

Mi6 $545 local warranty set https://redwhitemobile.com/new-phones/ - dual SIM,6gb ram

S8 $780 local warranty set.

https://redwhitemobile.com/phone/samsung-galaxy-s8/ - dual SIM, but lose 1 sim slot if use microsd. 4gb ram

Both sd835, similar performance... But difference in price is $235. Can buy another low to mid level china phone Liao..

Edited by Lurpsexx

Yes the S8 curved front and back edges makes the phone really comfortable to hold.  But if you use a case then it doesn't make a difference liao, so best to use it naked, just try not to drop it.  Let me make a guess, you will choose the black colour, judging by your character.  Right ?  Lol.

my current phone is gold. I wouldn't mind the coral blue as well.

Black? hmm only if it's the current note 8 where the cameras + fingerprint sensor area sticks out like a sore thumb in a non-black case.

Mi6 $545 local warranty set https://redwhitemobile.com/new-phones/ - dual SIM,6gb ram

S8 $780 local warranty set.

https://redwhitemobile.com/phone/samsung-galaxy-s8/ - dual SIM, but lose 1 sim slot if use microsd. 4gb ram

Both sd835, similar performance... But difference in price is $235. Can buy another low to mid level china phone Liao..

vs the G6 which is 600+?

I think can't go wrong with these phones. But i do note that xiaomi lower end phone cameras are quite lousy. I dunno about their flagships. 

my current phone is gold. I wouldn't mind the coral blue as well.

Black? hmm only if it's the current note 8 where the cameras + fingerprint sensor area sticks out like a sore thumb in a non-black case.

vs the G6 which is 600+?

I think can't go wrong with these phones. But i do note that xiaomi lower end phone cameras are quite lousy. I dunno about their flagships.

Wifey using g4, performance n cam can say not superior to xiaomi.

If I can get similar performance for a lower price point, I'll choose value over brand name. G6 $620, $75 more than mi6, cam performance similar , but 4gb ram n microsd use 2nd sim slot, n sd821..lower specs in g6 package vs $545 mi6..so the $75 savings I can give wifey a good dinner to avoid scolding for getting a new phone..lol..

Anyway, these phones are all assembled from oem parts, so they're generic commodities.. only price, marketing m some specific functions (dust or water resistant) differentiate them.. like cars n women, there will be new ones every year..lol...

I'm waiting for the Note 8 and S8 camera comparison to be done before deciding.

I don't quite follow.

If you want to take good photos you must use a camera.

Phone cameras are for quick snaps?

Aren't they??

Just my thoughts as I don't have a mobile phone but I'd be surprised that any 13 mb??? phone camera doesn't take acceptable snaps..

Like the infamous huawei P10 whereby the manufacturer used slower RAM in some batches. They claim it doesn't make a difference but the benchmarks tell a different story [:|]

You can search YouTube. Plenty of ciao might review from India.

xiaomi seems to have quite a few models now. getting bit confused.

Mix. Then their Mi6. Then also Note.

there is also a Mi MAX range, now at version 2 i.e. Mi MAX 2.  

there is also a Mi MAX range, now at version 2 i.e. Mi MAX 2.  

lol what's different between Mix And Max

I don't quite follow.

Aren't they??

Just my thoughts as I don't have a mobile phone but I'd be surprised that any 13 mb??? phone camera doesn't take acceptable snaps..

The best camera is the one that is in your pocket right there and then.

In terms of phones having roughly the same performance for everyday tasks, the quality of the camera images is something to differentiate the various products as these phones all run on android anyway.

• Praise 1

I don't quite follow.

Aren't they??

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/www.androidauthority.com/mirrorless-camera-vs-flagship-smartphones-770283/amp/

An article of interest...

• Praise 1

Donno got those china brand mobile phone slave trigger for flash? Angmo brand have but very expensive

If have, mobile phone as a camera will get a giant boost

But I still prefer dslr because is auto focus king

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1