China's Xiaomi Is Coming ...

Picnic06-Biante15

How come this Qoo10 site selling cheaper than the Redmi official site?

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/READY-STOCK-CHRISTMAS-SPECIAL/416224213

How they managed to undercut the manufacturer??? Parallel import from China??

Notice from the self-collect address is at Sim Lim Sq... trustworthy? [sweatdrop]

Caveat emptor..as what bros said before, lots of export set Xiaomi out there which is not IDA approved..

Always get from official MI website for a fairer deal and a peace of mind (warranty and stuff)..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For bros that is currently or have used Xiao Mi phone, can it be use as a " hot spot " to allow other phone / laptop to connect to the data connection ?

I saw this " wifi direct " feature for Redmi Note 4G, is it the same as the " hotspot " for iPhone?

Thank you

• Praise 1

For bros that is currently or have used Xiao Mi phone, can it be use as a " hot spot " to allow other phone / laptop to connect to the data connection ?

I saw this " wifi direct " feature for Redmi Note 4G, is it the same as the " hotspot " for iPhone?

Thank you

For RM 1S: Yes. It has a Portable Wi-Fi hotspot option. BUT note that for RM 1S, only SIM01 can connect @ 3G speed. SIM02 can only connect @ GPRS speed.

Not sure for RMN 4G.

Thank you

of course can. This is a feature thats a norm for most phone nowadays.

• Praise 1

Thank you

My Note 4G has tethering n portable hotspot feature. Have not tried it thou.

For RM 1S: Yes. It has a Portable Wi-Fi hotspot option. BUT note that for RM 1S, only SIM01 can connect @ 3G speed. SIM02 can only connect @ GPRS speed.

Not sure for RMN 4G.

OK, thanks for feedback.

of course can. This is a feature thats a norm for most phone nowadays.

Oh, really?

Sorry, living in iOS mountain for too long liao.

Thank you for the update.

My Note 4G has tethering n portable hotspot feature. Have not tried it thou.

OK, thank you Bro.

As long as the feature is available, than should be ok I guess.

Anyway, using it as a secondary phone overseas only for connection for the local data connection and for making local calls using local SIM card.

Thank you

• Praise 1

How come this Qoo10 site selling cheaper than the Redmi official site?

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/READY-STOCK-CHRISTMAS-SPECIAL/416224213

How they managed to undercut the manufacturer??? Parallel import from China??

Notice from the self-collect address is at Sim Lim Sq... trustworthy? [sweatdrop]

Need to kneel down before self-collect or not?

Or better withdraw a few K for "extended" warranty.

Guess after the " Joker " incident, many people will be having the same thought, and in the end siam far far from SLS.

• Praise 2

Guess after the " Joker " incident, many people will be having the same thought, and in the end siam far far from SLS.

Anything other Alan Photo and a few serious audio shops on the lower floors, I usually shop from 4th floor and up where there are photocopies of price list for you to browse and buy from the cheapest. (Perferct economy at work here).

But it doesn't mean you can walk in without homework.

i don't suppose bah [laugh] else should already been blacklisted in Qoo10?

I've not step into SLS for > 10 yrs... not because of the reputation but rather have past the DIY stage during younger time [:p]

Anyway, based on the various feedbacks from the bros here... better be safe to just pay few $$ more & get from the official Redmi site.

Zzz. Cant seem to pay...

Their server busy sometimes.

Just come back after lunch to make payment.

But make sure your order is confirmed.

just successfully ordered a Note4.

can pay via CC. just click on paypal......which I find quite misleading.....

seem like all sold out except for Note 4 which is still available [laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

seem like all sold out except for Note 4 which is still available [laugh][laugh]

yalor. want to buy the Redmi too and power bank and casing..... all no stock!! :angry:

what type of biz model is this! [thumbsdown]

Yup, seems like demand for the MiNote 4 is not there,

Wonder why?

• Praise 2

yalor. want to buy the Redmi too and power bank and casing..... all no stock!! :angry:

what type of biz model is this! [thumbsdown]

Lousy business model?

Ha ha

But that's Xiao Mi, many things always showing out-of-stock, maybe they just want to create the impression that it is highly in demand and so generate interest ( hopefully ).

• Praise 2

Yup, seems like demand for the MiNote 4 is not there,

Wonder why?

It is still the same old xiaomi note just with a 4G and nothing else. People who bought it dun see any different, it is also using an older processor.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1