Five Stars Tours Close Down!

Berncsp76

Any bros bought travel packages from them?? [shakehead]

http://wanbao.omy.sg/local/story20140108-20205

伍星旅游申请清盘 8间店面全面停业

伍星旅游申请清盘!伍星旅游所有分行全面停业,许多订票回家过年的顾客大受影响。

据了解,伍星旅游负责人今天已到警局备案。伍星旅游设在珍珠坊的总公司从今天下午起也大门深锁,员工进出时都神情凝重,看到记者上前都刻意避开,一些顾客原本上门买票,也扑了个空。

记者拨电联络负责人和伍星旅游的7间分行,也无人接听电话。

还有大约20天就是农历新年了,许多在新加坡工作的马国人都纷纷抢购车票回国过年,此外也有许多国人纷纷出国游玩,伍星旅游突然倒闭,相信有大批顾客都受到影响

- See more at: http://wanbao.omy.sg/local/story20140108-20205#sthash.YQo28FWT.dpuf

怀疑陷入财务问题,伍星旅游总部的大门下午深锁。据了解,伍星本地所有办事处都关门了。据大厦业主声称,伍星已拖欠好几个月租金。大厦职员目前守在现场。同行得知消息,纷纷到场探査。

--狮城6点半/ 晚间新闻 Ch 8 news

Five Stars Tours for liquidation fully closed 8 stores

Five Stars Tours for liquidation! Five Stars Tours all branches fully closed, many customers that have made holiday bookings adversely affected.
It is understood, Five Stars Tours agency in-charge heads to the police station to put it in record. Five Stars Tours head office is located in People's Park Complex from today afternoon, locked the door, and out of all the staff look dignified, see the reporter approached deliberately avoid, some customers had come to buy a ticket, also rushed to empty.
wanbao reporter tried contacting agency in-charge.and all seven branches, but no one answered the phone.
There are about 20 days is the Lunar New Year, many people in Singapore are working horse returning tickets snapped up the New Year, in addition there are also many people have to travel abroad, Five Stars Tours sudden collapse, I believe there are a large number of customers are affected.
Suspect caught in financial problems, Five Stars Tours headquarters door locked afternoon. It is understood that five star all local offices are closed. According to building owners claimed that Five Stars for several months rent arrears. Building staff to keep current in the field. Peers heard the news, have arrived exploration.

2014_0108_ln_fivestars_0.jpg

Edited by Berncsp76
↡ Advertisement

Used to buy coach cum hotel.packages from them....

hope the customers get back their marnie....

What a start to the new year for the affected staff... probably did not get their bonuses??

Wah, the malaysians who bought bus tickets back home for CNY jialat liao...haiz.

Sure very difficult to get now.

• Praise 1

alamak....about 2 years ago when i'm still working in travel agency @ PPCenter, already hearsay 5 star owe employee couple of month's salary liao.....yi geng buay simi tahan liao, anytime will go busted.....

haiz....... [:(]

• Praise 1

To me travel agency is no long making money when ppl could book tickets online. I have been booking airplane ticket and hotel online, free & easy, own time own target. Long time since I contact any agency. Those tours bring you to lousy restaurants and earn commission from the shops they bring you already cmi.

• Praise 9

Was at Boon Lay just now. Confirmed 5 Stars Office there shuttered. Thought the workers walked out bec of pay dispute. Now then I know the whole company is trouble.

To me travel agency is no long making money when ppl could book tickets online. I have been booking airplane ticket and hotel online, free & easy, own time own target. Long time since I contact any agency. Those tours bring you to lousy restaurants and earn commission from the shops they bring you already cmi.

how i wish i can give you 50 points in one go.....!!

I never used agency except to buy air ticket.. now also start to use LCC dun bother with FS carrier for short haul.

agency is dying business

Edited by Nolicense

sibei jialat....

i all along thought they were a very strong and reputable company....

i tink they over spent themselves.... they organise 明星导游, which is a killer....as most of the profit goes to the Star....

my 5 cents

they hope they can make big commission from the tour "shopping" but now how many spend a fortune in tour shopping?

just like taiwan/japan/korea/china trip ... they are pushing sales for expensive cosmetic, ginseng, medicine, jewerly, fengshui items, local exquisite food, jade, teas, etc

but now people very kiam siap and also smart ... buy from Internet ... LOL

i tink they over spent themselves.... they organise 明星导游, which is a killer....as most of the profit goes to the Star....

my 5 cents

Edited by Wt_know

Used to buy coach cum hotel.packages from them....

hope the customers get back their marnie....

What a start to the new year for the affected staff... probably did not get their bonuses??

That's why must buy travel insurance immediately after you purchased the package from the agents. If travel agent up lorry, still can get back money although you will still be inconvenienced with a jeopardised holiday plan.

Turbocharged

they hope they can make big commission from the tour "shopping" but now how many spend a fortune in tour shopping?

just like taiwan/japan/korea/china trip ... they are pushing sales for expensive cosmetic, ginseng, medicine, jewerly, fengshui items, local exquisite food, jade, teas, etc

but now people very kiam siap and also smart ... buy from Internet ... LOL

you can chop carrot once, twice, but how many times can you chop your customers carrot?

then plus word of mouth, over time, people taking up tour packages will also become wary about the places they were brought to buy souvenirs leow.

once my dad told me he bought some stuff from his china tour then we realized we can easily get those from japan home right here in sg.. for a fraction of the price he paid over there.

his subsequent trips he only bought things he really like, but mostly come back empty handed but SDcard full of pictures [laugh]

Edited by Solar
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Last time got one quite big tour company Ken-Air Tours - also up lorry.

is the 草原still around?

last time they had moses lim in the advert running on tv for a long time

↡ Advertisement