Five Stars Tours Close Down!

Berncsp76

Twincharged

yup ... like you said, it will not deter potential-crooks ... but as your second sentence it will at least protect the $$$ of the consumer.

only thing that might be wasted is the planned time.

its "ultra-difficult" to educate anyone on insurance - unless the person is once bitten, twice shy.

ppl generally shiver at the word insurance.

I guess we need more education regarding insurance. Still got too many misconceptions about insurance. Many people still think insurance companies are all out to cheat them of their money.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I guess we need more education regarding insurance. Still got too many misconceptions about insurance. Many people still think insurance companies are all out to cheat them of their money.

they are out to earn our money. not cheat.

However, the cheating part come from agent. Some have no ethics, recommending the same policy to their customer every few years which ended up with them having insufficent coverage on some area while over coverage on area that they dont really need. (due to those policy fetching higher commission for the agent??)

• Praise 2

Twincharged

However, the cheating part come from agent. Some have no ethics, recommending the same policy to their customer every few years which ended up with them having insufficent coverage on some area while over coverage on area that they dont really need. (due to those policy fetching higher commission for the agent??)

Yup. They definitely need to earn money. Too bad most people think they cheat money. They think that insurance is no use. Mainly the older generation.

Turbocharged

the mindset was when they old liao they rather we let them die then cure them mah. then 1/2 here 1/2 there very kang kor.

But its hard for you and me to make the decision to pull the plug.

Yup. They definitely need to earn money. Too bad most people think they cheat money. They think that insurance is no use. Mainly the older generation.

Supersonic

the only solution is payment is made to 3rd party - the guardian most likely the bank (regulated by govt ie local bank)

payment is disbursed once the product has been delivered ie the tour start

the same can apply to PI, used car, spa, smlj shop

Excellent.

Hypersonic
(edited)

I paid insurance total of ~$140 for family of 4 to Taiwan. 

On our return flight, one of the luggage was not transfer to the plane and was one day late.

It was deliver to my home the next day.

Claimed my insurance and was compensate for $200.

For others trip also claimed before for sickness like cough and flu, and this easily cover back the cost.

Travel insurance is a MUST for any travel.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 6

Twincharged

basically you just need to know what you need, want and can afford.

i was only looking for health insurance so that was all i bought.

and when i am looking to save money, i just bought a savings plan.

once you get the hang of it, you can say NO rather easily.

Turbocharged

thats easy for us who got the time to look thru and found out mah.

For those more busy or not that educated or older folks. They cant ready tell the different.

basically you just need to know what you need, want and can afford.

i was only looking for health insurance so that was all i bought.

and when i am looking to save money, i just bought a savings plan.

once you get the hang of it, you can say NO rather easily.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

thats easy for us who got the time to look thru and found out mah.

For those more busy or not that educated or older folks. They cant ready tell the different.

actually i learnt the hard way ... a few years back i cancelled my health policy ...a week later i was hospitalized ... kenah $3+k !!

after i came out, i went around hunting for one.

very seldom you will find ppl LOOKING to buy a policy ... i am one of them.

Turbocharged

On our return flight, one of the luggage was not transfer to the plane and was one day late.

For others trip also claimed before for sickness like cough and flu, and this easily cover back the cost.

in my case, the airline's departure lounge had a fire, which burned the airline's IT server which was located on the premises.

airline did manual check in etc, but after 8 hours waiting in the smoky terminal, it became clear that the flight to SG was not going to happen. Went back to hotel exhausted.

submitted travel delay claim.

insurer said that they don't cover IT failure nor fire, and that coverage for "defects in infrastructure"  only refers to the aircraft. KNNCCB

since only small amount, no point fighting with them. Moved on.

Hypersonic

in my case, the airline's departure lounge had a fire, which burned the airline's IT server which was located on the premises.

airline did manual check in etc, but after 8 hours waiting in the smoky terminal, it became clear that the flight to SG was not going to happen. Went back to hotel exhausted.

insurer said that they don't cover IT failure nor fire, and that coverage for "defects in infrastructure"  only refers to the aircraft. KNNCCB

Which insurance?

I thought you already delay more than 8hrs?

• Praise 2

Twincharged

yah !! boycott this insurer ... how siao wan ... as long as delay mean delay ... dun care even if they found aircraft defect.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

yes, travel insurance is a MUST buy.

is not about flight delay or cancellation.

in desperate times when need medical evac, u will know that is a life saver.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Which insurance?

I thought you already delay more than 8hrs?

the actual delay turned out to be 48hrs as the airport/airline was still in chaos on the day after the fire.

(edited)

Actually what has all this got to do with Five Stars Tours closing down more than 2 years ago?

Edited by Jungus

Hypersonic

Actually what has all this got to do with Five Stars Tours closing down more than 2 years ago?

Here we don't dare to suka suka open new thread. 

• Praise 4

relates to any travel agency that run road with customer money and leave customer high and dry before depart

relates to any travel agency that run road with customer money and leave customer high and dry before depart

so, which agency you guys discussing right now...?

Here we don't dare to suka suka open new thread. 

true, that. And so some interesting discussion on travel insurance will become buried in this thread.. pity. [:|]

↡ Advertisement