All new Toyota Corolla 2014

Pandapura

Neutral Newbie

I went to see both Altis and the new Mazda 3 last week. Toyota Corolla was the second best selling car model in the world 2013 behind Ford Focus. Mazda 3 looks pretty and more sporty. Will test drive both cars to decide. But I guess Corolla will have better resale value.

↡ Advertisement

I went to see both Altis and the new Mazda 3 last week. Toyota Corolla was the second best selling car model in the world 2013 behind Ford Focus. Mazda 3 looks pretty and more sporty. Will test drive both cars to decide. But I guess Corolla will have better resale value.

No need to guess when come to resale value. .. No other B&B brand can beat Toyota.. But if one plan to drive for 10yrs, resale value has no value... Hehehe...

Reliability isnt the issue regardless where its made; but will you want to be bored shxtless? And the blatant lack of proper safety equipment. So few Jap makes here provide ESP/ VSC or even more airbags than the obligatory 2.

That is very true.

Ford Fous and Golf offered much more safety features such as 4 air bags and traction control (VSC, ESP).

They are quite closely priced to the new Altis. The price listed on sgcarmart are marked up so its worth to make the trip down to the showroom and check out the real price (listed price after discount).

I have tested both cars.

The focus (1.6 titanium) OMV is around 18K and its made in Germany. In the 120k to 130k price range, its handling and comfort level is superb. The gear change can be sluggish for the 1st to 3rd gear.

The Golf (1.4 TSI) OMV is around 22K also made in Germany. Superior handling and comfort. Can't find fault with the transmission and engine. The drive is too smooth.

Hope my experience with both cars help.

↡ Advertisement