Can Singaporean drive Malaysia car in Singapore?

Mystupidger

my neighbour drives his MY registered range rover to SG everyday and leave it here for days on end, then drive back to MY when he has biz to do

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If anyone found any loop holes

please don't post it here. They will read this and

close the loop hole immediately.

Just quietly PM me lah.

:D

• Praise 1

A SG citizen working in Johor with Malaysia work visa can buy a Malaysia car and drive to SG for weekend?

if u have deep deep pockets. Yes.

Else you deprive the chenhu from the COE and luxury tax as well as petrol duties as malaysian cars are not required to fill 3/4 tank.

Many still ride/drive My vehicles in Sg. They have legalised themselves lah!

really meh? 

I thot the system is such that once they scan your passport at the Sg side , the reg plate and driver behind the wheel will be flag and u instantly get detain when you reach the expressway

My malaysian singapore PR, drove once over and at the custom fine 500 or was it 5K.

Tax singapore very smart.

Unless malaysian guy drive over and pass to singapore guy after passing custom. 

Do but dont get caught and no accident as insurance also no BAO

really meh? 

I thot the system is such that once they scan your passport at the Sg side , the reg plate and driver behind the wheel will be flag and u instantly get detain when you reach the expressway

At my former work place, a staff rode a MY bike to work daily. Also saw parents dropping off their kids from MY cars!

I am not aware of such checks at the CIQ though.

Edited by Fitvip

Exactly. If this work, many will buy MY's car instead, if that happen then who will be paying the transport tax and etc, and then who will bother to build road, car park and highway and traffic and do the traffic regulation in sg. 

Singapore's economy, you live here and you pay and earn here, if it sinks you ain't be better. Unless, you have other choices. 

Agree. If so, All car ADs and PIs close down.

At my former work place, a staff rode a MY bike to work daily. Also saw parents dropping off their kids from MY cars!

I am not aware of such checks at the CIQ though.

SAF 7th core value applies. You wont have issue unless TP pull you over. Same goes for those who drive without licence.

I don't think you can drive over CIQ in a MY reg car. Customs will know you are Singaporean.

Cannot. My friend works in KL have a car, drives upto JB and takes public transport to SG during weekend and monday morning goes back to KL again by car from JB.

Always have legal way out.

Get a MY friend or Ahmad to drive the car. No problem at all.

That's what alot of SG ppl working in JB do.

Turbocharged

If anyone found any loop holes

please don't post it here. They will read this and

close the loop hole immediately.

Just quietly PM me lah.

:D

errrr.... can try hor, dont say I say one.... buy a S'pore lumber plate, change lor.... mai tio lia can already... [lipsrsealed]  [rolleyes]  

errrr.... can try hor, dont say I say one.... buy a S'pore lumber plate, change lor.... mai tio lia can already... [lipsrsealed][rolleyes]

This one is really illegal. Don't do it

The law only say u cannot use or keep a foreign car in SG

it didn't specify u cannot buy a foreign car. It only says u cannot drive it.

It's like that law about drunk driving. U can get drunk and as long as u r not driving a car, u r ok. U as a drunkard, can sit in the car and let someone drive you. U can be drunk 24/7, and someone is driving u around, that's ok with the law.

So it's the same concept as the foreign car. U can buy the foreign car and sit in it with someone with the right citizenship driving it in SG, u r ok.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and find this topics interesting in 2 points.

1) Firstly, why would anyone want to buy a foreign car and use it in Singapore? Currently, you have to pay S$35 Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) per day to use a foreign car in Singapore, except during weekends and public holidays and some free days LTA gives. Moreover, this S$35 changes based on COE price. The highest was S$45 and lowest S$30 (as far as my memory serves me right). I did a calculation before to compare the cost of driving a foreign car (namely Malaysian car) in Singapore and using a Singapore car in Singapore and the conclusion (again if my memory serves me right), it is cheaper to own a Malaysian car if you :

a) own it for 10 years only,

b) buy Malaysian brand like proton or perodua less than 1600 cc,

c) buy the Singapore car with a COE higher than S$40,000.

But if you buy a big, Japanese or European car with a big engine and low COE like now (S$30k+) and use it for, say, 15 or 20 years, it is better to use a Singapore car in Singapore.

2) Secondly, why would our government forbids Singapore citizens to use foreign cars in Singapore when the VEP is already in place and strictly enforced? Perhaps someone can write to LTA to equire?

Edited by seba240698
↡ Advertisement