2006 Toyota Wish Issues

Ronn

Neutral Newbie

I driving 06 Wish, i had my engine mounting change as it vibrate a  bit in D gear. Even change, still have a bit vibration.

I also noticed red coolant seepage at top joint recently. I did change some parts as it leaks and air con was not working 2 years back. 

To those driving 2006-7 Wish, do ur car vibrate a bit during traffic lights stop?

Have u changed ur radiator before, mine seems to have the red coolant seepage at the top joints?

During traffic stops or waiting for people, my aircond seems not very cold but when move off the aircond is cold, anyone facing this issue too?

Maybe u all can share

Tq in advance

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi bro,

do you manage to solve the vibrations issue ?

To those driving 2006-7 Wish, do ur car vibrate a bit during traffic lights stop?

Have u changed ur radiator before, mine seems to have the red coolant seepage at the top joints?

During traffic stops or waiting for people, my aircond seems not very cold but when move off the aircond is cold, anyone facing this issue too?

Maybe u all can share

Tq in advance

Neutral Newbie

Hi, 

I have a 07' Toyota Wish. Recently i'm having some trouble starting the car. I need to crank it for about 5 times before it would fire. The battery is alright and the starter motor sounds alright. I'm guessing it's the idle valve or the fuel pump. The OBD Scanner shows a lean fuel mixture. Anyone encountered such problems before?

Neutral Newbie

Got change spark plugs boh?

yes bro. last servicing changed plus. about 3 months only.. its like it will crank strong but wont turn over. a few times later can start. if i immediately off and start again, it will not turnover for a while. But when it starts, its running fine. nothing wrong with the way it drives... hope someone can help, thanks!

HI,

managed to solve the vibration issue?

seen like common issue for 06 wish.

06 wish will vibrate a bit on its own when engine is on and vehicle is not moving. It is not a fault, but just irritating. If you switch on the pole light, the vibration reduces a bit, but it's still slightly noticeable. Owners learnt to live with it. The most optimistic ones even said that the Wish rocks!

But if engine mount is worn out, the vibration should be a lot worse - a different type of vibration altogether.

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys, wondering if you can help me. For the past week, my car has had a strange rattle in the dashboard around/above where the odometer is. I had a 2din head unit fitted on Friday and the noise has materialised from then! Took back to workshop who advised they didn't mess in that area, but opened up the dash to make sure that no other poise wires were in that area. All clear from the inspection. The sound is like a dry heavy leaf stuck in the air vent and the fan is on full moving it all over the place! But in the centre of the dash! Could it be an odometer cluster issue? Or does anybody have any other ideas or first hand knowledge?

Thanks

Mark

I meant to add, car is a Toyota wish 05 model.

Hijack the thread abit, my 2007 wish has this odd problem, the aircon seems to work only when I am moving. As in the air is not really cold when its stationary but once it starts moving its cold.

Also anyone got any good lobang for a blower for the rear or is it recommendable to do a mod for pulling additional aircon blower behind?

Hijack the thread abit, my 2007 wish has this odd problem, the aircon seems to work only when I am moving. As in the air is not really cold when its stationary but once it starts moving its cold.

Also anyone got any good lobang for a blower for the rear or is it recommendable to do a mod for pulling additional aircon blower behind?

Bro. It's been a while. How u.

I recall u drive a Rio ? Changed to wish?

Is the condenser fan near the radiator running during stationary? Sounds like it's konkeded out.

When car starts moving, it's the moving air that's cooling the condenser and that's why your air con feels cooler.

Bro. It's been a while. How u.

I recall u drive a Rio ? Changed to wish?

I changed rio long time ago bro. Just got this as the price is too hard to resist. Problem solved at markcool, compressor weak already, changed compressor and problem gone.

Hows everything?

Is the condenser fan near the radiator running during stationary? Sounds like it's konkeded out.

When car starts moving, it's the moving air that's cooling the condenser and that's why your air con feels cooler.

Solved at markcool, they checked if the fan is moving and also the gas pressure and noticed that the compressor not compressing during idling and did some electrical test, in the end concluded its the compressor. Change was also damm fast, less than 1 hour done.

• Praise 2

Hey guys, wondering if you can help me. For the past week, my car has had a strange rattle in the dashboard around/above where the odometer is. I had a 2din head unit fitted on Friday and the noise has materialised from then! Took back to workshop who advised they didn't mess in that area, but opened up the dash to make sure that no other poise wires were in that area. All clear from the inspection. The sound is like a dry heavy leaf stuck in the air vent and the fan is on full moving it all over the place! But in the centre of the dash! Could it be an odometer cluster issue? Or does anybody have any other ideas or first hand knowledge?

Thanks

Mark

I meant to add, car is a Toyota wish 05 model.

It might be a leaf. I had a stupid sound when I on the blower full blast. I went to markcool to get my aircon fixed and they say confirm have a leaf in my blower fan and took out the whole fan and indeed, a leaf inside it. Now its back to normal. Hope it helps.

Sorry i only saw this now. 

I experienced this maybe 3-4 yr ago too. Went to 3-4 normal workshops, all couldn't pinpoint problem and just said monitor (as it still works when moving).

Finally went to an a/c workshop, and the guy also drove a wish. Went down checked, 2 min came out said confirmed the control valve is faulty (~$350). He said many other workshops will tell the customers to replace the whole compressor (~$800)... 

Also said that's a v common problem in the FL Wish we drive...

He got it replaced in less than 30 min. A/C was perfectly fine after that.

But that only lasted a bit more than 2 yr, then had to go and told me same problem again... so i also don't know his diagnosis is correct or not.

He himself modded his Wish's a/c to have a blower at the 3rd row. But long ago when i first bought it in 06 and checked, seems like there's high risk of leak, so i gave up the idea. Later on installed a ceiling fan on 2nd row, and it will help blow some air towards 3rd row, and we made do with it ever since. Not an aircon, but it helps nonetheless.

Sorry i only saw this now. 

I experienced this maybe 3-4 yr ago too. Went to 3-4 normal workshops, all couldn't pinpoint problem and just said monitor (as it still works when moving).

Finally went to an a/c workshop, and the guy also drove a wish. Went down checked, 2 min came out said confirmed the control valve is faulty (~$350). He said many other workshops will tell the customers to replace the whole compressor (~$800)... 

Also said that's a v common problem in the FL Wish we drive...

He got it replaced in less than 30 min. A/C was perfectly fine after that.

But that only lasted a bit more than 2 yr, then had to go and told me same problem again... so i also don't know his diagnosis is correct or not.

He himself modded his Wish's a/c to have a blower at the 3rd row. But long ago when i first bought it in 06 and checked, seems like there's high risk of leak, so i gave up the idea. Later on installed a ceiling fan on 2nd row, and it will help blow some air towards 3rd row, and we made do with it ever since. Not an aircon, but it helps nonetheless.

Read this late as well haha... I checked with Markcool about this and the Ah Huat think says don't do it. Alot of people after doing it notice their compressor breaks down much earlier. So perhaps I will stick to rear fan. However, notice it can be improve by adjusting all the vents to blast the air upwards. 

Another thing that bothers me is that | feel this car not as cold as my other car, but both Markcool and lucky all say its norm cause of the big size of the car compared to my previous cars as they are sedans.

By the way, anyone tried putting Caldina GT4 2pot on our car? I believe it should be bolt on and no modifications required.

Read this late as well haha... I checked with Markcool about this and the Ah Huat think says don't do it. Alot of people after doing it notice their compressor breaks down much earlier. So perhaps I will stick to rear fan. However, notice it can be improve by adjusting all the vents to blast the air upwards. 

Another thing that bothers me is that | feel this car not as cold as my other car, but both Markcool and lucky all say its norm cause of the big size of the car compared to my previous cars as they are sedans.

By the way, anyone tried putting Caldina GT4 2pot on our car? I believe it should be bolt on and no modifications required.

If it is to spread the output of the compressor by making it work harder to blow to another blower at the rear, then yes, it will definitely wear the compressor down faster. It's like driving a 1.0L car all the time with 5 full-sized adults, confirm parts wear out faster if it's driven by the driver without passenger everyday [laugh]

The workshop guy did it cos he himself is aircon mech, so i'm sure he gave due considerations before proceeding.

Yes, if you blow the a/c upwards, it will help, but will need blow at fan speed min 4 for there to be effect. And on a hot day, that's not even enough. With the additional fan blower on the ceiling, it gives the a/c draft a boost so more cool air can reach the 3rd row quicker.

Yes, the additional space at the rear makes the MPV's cabin space 1.5 times that of a normal sedan, so naturally the a/c will feel not as cooling as a sedan. Only for the full-sized MPVs where there are rear aircons then this effect will not be obvious.

↡ Advertisement