Cyber threats and Malware are REAL THREATS!

Darthrevan

with IOT ... cyber attack can only go worst

we are getting more and more connected by day

without Internet we are practically stand still

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

with IOT ... cyber attack can only go worst

we are getting more and more connected by day

without Internet we are practically stand still

How to solve this problem? Can't possibly ask us to go back to old age technology right?

Turbocharged

Ban internet.  [scholar]

I confess I am not the one to come up with this original and novel idea.  [:p]

So long MCF can keep going.... the rest I dont care!!!  [laugh]  [:p]

• Praise 1

How to solve this problem? Can't possibly ask us to go back to old age technology right?

No need. Implement coe for broadband and mobile data subscriptions. Will cut down the number of users in spore.

(edited)

there is no solution into this problem.

our phone is connected to internet

smart watch, aircon, home cctv, fridge, tv, traffic light, power and water system, bank, airline, etc

every single thing is connected to internet

the next is robot and AI that will be deployed at work (first) then at home

cyberwar is the next wave of warfare

all the movies we watch about cyberwar, big brother is watching, FIRE SALE ... that's the hard truth.

we use technology, we face consequences

technology "itself" is already a RISK

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

SKYNET is operational. The war against humanity has just begun.

Skynet is active - skyactiv...

1257958-is-google-terminators-skynet-rot

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 3

LoL...so many movie goers.

If cyber attackers use technology to do what they do they will have to face the consequences. They will be constantly on the run from the authorities and the same tech that they used will be used against them to hunt them down like any other criminals. Ultimately they face jail time. It's just a matter of time.

In movies the plot can end in ways producers want to but in reality nobody is going to sit around and let the attacks happen w/o consequences.

• Praise 1

I find it unusual that the cyber attack would involve a hospital in London. Does the attacker have a grudge with the hospital? While the other targets are just a distraction? Or maybe they are trying to steal the identites of the dead and exploit them? I also watched too many movies. LoL...

Anyway I think they are stealing information and selling them rather dan some random cyber attack.

Turbocharged

I find it unusual that the cyber attack would involve a hospital in London. Does the attacker have a grudge with the hospital? While the other targets are just a distraction? Or maybe they are trying to steal the identites of the dead and exploit them? I also watched too many movies. LoL...

Anyway I think they are stealing information and selling them rather dan some random cyber attack.

They need a lot of dead people names for their Norwegian email scam.

(edited)

SKYNET is operational. The war against humanity has just begun.

Skynet is active - skyactiv...

1257958-is-google-terminators-skynet-rot

oh dear ... Judgement Day is upon us ...  :a-panic:

first the hospitals and shopping centres ... then the nuclear arsenals ...

going out to buy 20 Rolex nao !  :a-happy:

post-15968-0-51997600-1494815480.jpg

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Buying 69 hard disks to back up my server nao!!!!!!!!

That's a very good position to take.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Avtech and Dahua cctv recorders.. also hit by cyberhackers...

Lucky its not the important AV.  [thumbsup]

Hypersonic

Buying 69 hard disks to back up my server nao!!!!!!!!

Is thats why you drive a pig up with big "back"  for back ups?? [cool]     

standby for free movie   [laugh]  [laugh]

Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean 5 held for ransom by hackers: Reports
16 May 2017 08:38AM 

LOS ANGELES: Disney chief Bob Iger said Monday (May 16) hackers claiming to have access to one of the company's unreleased movies were demanding a "huge" ransom, according to US media reports.

He did not reveal which film had been stolen but said the company would not be giving in to the blackmail attempt, according to The Hollywood Reporter, quoting Iger from a meeting in New York with employees of the Disney-owned ABC television network.

The weekly reported on its website - citing multiple unnamed sources - that Disney is working with federal agents and monitoring for leaks online.

Movie website Deadline identified "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales," which opens on May 26, as the target, without revealing its sources, while some film writers speculated on Twitter that Pixar's "Cars 3," due for release next month, might have been hit.

The cyber-thieves demanded to be paid in online currency Bitcoin and are threatening to release five minutes of the movie, followed by 20-minute segments until the ransom is delivered.

The hack follows a recent cyber attack on internet streamer Netflix that led to 10 episodes of "Orange is the New Black" being leaked ahead of release.

"Dead Men Tell No Tales" is the fifth in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series, which stars Johnny Depp and has taken US$3.7 billion at the box office since 2003.

Sci-fi novelist Paul Tassi, who comments on technology and the internet for Forbes Magazine, said "Pirates" would be unlikely to suffer were it the target, since its release date is so near.

"Yes, going to a movie in theaters is one of the more exhausting media experiences still left in society, but the kinds of people who are willing to pay money to see Johnny Depp stumble his way through a fifth 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movie in theaters are probably not the type to download a stolen copy of it right before it comes out," he said.

"And like all movies, 'Pirates' would appear on torrent sites regardless practically the day of its release, so the hackers seem to be really over-estimating their impact here."

More than 200,000 computers in 150 countries were hit by a ransomware cyberattack, described as the largest-ever of its kind, over the weekend.

Since Friday, banks, hospitals and government agencies have been among a variety of targets for hackers exploiting vulnerabilities in older Microsoft computer operating systems.

Microsoft president Brad Smith said the US National Security Agency had developed the code used in the attack.

The Walt Disney Company didn't respond to requests for comment.

Hypersonic

standby for free movie   [laugh]  [laugh]

The cyber-thieves demanded to be paid in online currency Bitcoin and are threatening to release five minutes of the movie, followed by 20-minute segments until the ransom is delivered.

I hope they don't pay.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

I think they got the idea from the adult education site I visited.

If want to see must pay, if want to see more must pay more.