Pineapple Tarts For CNY, any recommendation?

missmarigold

@carbon82 ... do we mix the juice with thr paste then put in frig for 2 hrs .Wont the paste become hard

Yes, mix the pineapple juice with paste evenly and left it in the fridge for about 2 hours, but do cover it with cling wrap.

If you don't leave it in fridge, it will be a little too wet and soft to handle, and the juice will not blend in completely with the paste. This is from our trial and error...  [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Yes, mix the pineapple juice with paste evenly and left it in the fridge for about 2 hours, but do cover it with cling wrap.

If you don't leave it in fridge, it will be a little too wet and soft to handle, and the juice will not blend in completely with the paste. This is from our trial and error... [:p]

I see . Thank you for the secret .

• Praise 2

OK, here is a step-by-step guide to pineapple tarts making.

Skin Ingredients

Flour 410g

Condensed Milk 70g

Salted Butter 250g

Egg Yolk 2 pcs

Whip the butter with condensed milk till creamy state.

EL4l5SC.jpgO3VBDLL.jpg

Add the 2 yolks and whip till evenly mixed.

lDtdbHz.jpgfgqWEZX.jpg

Mix it with the flour. Best to let the mixture settle for about 1 - 2 hours before use.

RWf83Wk.jpgEg3ejcJ.jpg

Paste Ingredients

Pineapple Paste 500g

Pure Pineapple Juice 60g

Fresh Lemon Juice 1 tsp

* Best to mix the paste with both juices first and leave it in fridge for about 1 - 2 hours to let it settle (all the juice blend in well with the paste).

Skin weigh about 11g each.

w5eAOvt.jpg

Paste weight about 7g each.

vORYT3F.jpg

Apply a thin coat of egg yolk on the pineapple tart before baking.

od6tUPf.jpgGUHzHPi.jpg

* Preheat the oven for 10 - 15 min at 180 deg C before use. Baking temp 180 deg C, baking time 19 - 20 min (till the skin turn light golden brown).

QFSsn2P.jpg

Pack it in container, after allowing it to cool down to room temperature (about 1+ hour).

E94r4Vq.jpg

Wow! So nice and even. very pro ya.
  • Praise 2

I no pro, but practice make perfect! [nod] (Have been baking our own tarts for the past 3 years [:p]).

The pineapple paste is not the sweet type (which is cheaper than the one I got), but neither is it sourish, quite neutral. Poon Huat has 3 types of pineapple paste:

- Sweet type

- Sour type

- Premium (the one I bought)

OIC.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5