Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

that's quick.  Mine = 7 weeks!  Don't see many City's on the road.  Yet it took so long

think the civic takes most of their slots available, 1 civic or city still the same slot.

but I pushed them hard.. told them that I don't want to pay additional for old car installment, car handover before next installment due.

it is communicated properly.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hey bro, hope the following info is useful to you. Do let me know if you have any other queries. I'm sure many bros here can share their experiences. @keithchue, @titanium, @dawson81, @accar, @blue24

mine is FL version, SV.

comes with a not-so-ergonomic HU, when I plug my iphone cable, the cover which is kinda sharpish will have the tendency to cut my finger.

comes with LED, DRL, no complaints, but my god, can we have LED lighbulbs please, SV is the top ranger and we don't have LED all round, kinda pared back option.

air bags - 2, please offer the 6 airbags option, I see blank panels that usually will scribe - (SRS airbag) all around the car.

steering rim - tad small in diameter for my liking, -prefer those thicker ones.. leather also on the cheaper - rougher side, prefer my old steering, leather smooth and thick.

seats, no lumbar support, still acceptable.

sports pedals - missing, have to order, 2 months lead time

leather on gear knob, bit hard and half hearted, please wrap the whole knob.

no kopi hooks, at the boot. still finding options.

brakes, a bit inadequate, need better stopping power,.

rims - acceptable sort off.....

Just sent my car for the last free servicing at 60k. I am contemplating to purchase their servicing package for peace of mind. The packages available for 2 and 3 years are 1.2k and 1.7k respectively. According to them it's discounted price. The 3 years package comes with 2 free grooming. Anyone knows if the prices they quoted me are really discounted?

I've done a rough calculation after my third servicing. The 2 year package is about $200 saving. You can check the actual price online. They also throw in the grooming service. I think Honda servicing is not so expensive, compared to other Japanese cars.

I did not sign up immediately. Understood that I can also use the package if I sign up for my next servicing. Most probably will go for it. Unless you have a regular and trusted workshop.

• Praise 1

I've done a rough calculation after my third servicing. The 2 year package is about $200 saving. You can check the actual price online. They also throw in the grooming service. I think Honda servicing is not so expensive, compared to other Japanese cars.

I did not sign up immediately. Understood that I can also use the package if I sign up for my next servicing. Most probably will go for it. Unless you have a regular and trusted workshop.

Thanks! I will probably sign up on my next servicing.

think the civic takes most of their slots available, 1 civic or city still the same slot.

but I pushed them hard.. told them that I don't want to pay additional for old car installment, car handover before next installment due.

it is communicated properly.

Ha Ha.  I think after you, they got scared liao!  I was told in no uncertain terms that I will not get early delivery

I've done a rough calculation after my third servicing. The 2 year package is about $200 saving. 

but how does this compare to the charges of the workshops outside?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I am due for my 30k servicing (1.5 years) next month for my City. Just to check if you guys here still go back to Kah Motor for car servicing after your complimentary servicing has ended? Are there any servicing promotion from Kah Motor? I cant seems to find any info online. If not, where do you guys go for car servicing?

Thank you.

Hi,

I do sign up there 2 years servcing package .

Included 30k to 60k service

2× free basic grooming

4x free aircon inspection

4x free tyre balancing

1x pre vehicle inspection

Price around $1.2k.

Hope can give you some ideal

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Hi,

I do sign up there 2 years servcing package .

Included 30k to 60k service

2× free basic grooming

4x free aircon inspection

4x free tyre balancing

1x pre vehicle inspection

Price around $1.2k.

Hope can give you some ideal

Is this package for Honda City only or for all Honda cars under Kah Motor?

Ha Ha. I think after you, they got scared liao! I was told in no uncertain terms that I will not get early delivery

I did not do a comparison with outside workshop. If need to compare, you may need to confirm with the workshop on the exact jobs done by KM.

The are also some charges relatively lower as $68, $118 for a quick fix. I'm sure you got flyers on your windscreen, and advertise on those mega car workshop.

For me, I intend to keep my car long. So I will probably return to KM.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Regarding the FL HU, there is a SVC setting with option for low, mid and high in the sound setting on the radio page. 

Anyone know what is this SVC? No difference when I toggle between options and not much info on the manual. 

Hi,

it seem to meant SVC = Speed Volume Control, which the sound will auto adjust in accordance to cabin and external noise. Low, mid, high refer to its sensitivity. i had not test mine though. 

Neutral Newbie

Anyone driving the Honda city sports version? Wanna ask a few questions.

1) how is sound insulation like

2) how is the GPS and reverse camera

3) how is the pick up/ fc

Nothing much on sgcarmart review as it did not differentiate between the different versions of the Honda city. TIA.

Hi,

1) i find the road noise not low, many factors can contribute, eg poorly patched / uneven road surface, city driving etc , earlier posted that my fm radio need to be set around 15 or more.

2) No GPS, reverse cam is good and clear

3) 12-14km/l 60% city, im a slow driver, thus pickup not fast. i find tapping/release/tap the acc is better than flooring the acc.

Hi,

it seem to meant SVC = Speed Volume Control, which the sound will auto adjust in accordance to cabin and external noise. Low, mid, high refer to its sensitivity. i had not test mine though.

No diff for mine. Set high to low and tested but seems like same same. Or maybe my ears not sensitive enough.

Ha Ha.  I think after you, they got scared liao!  I was told in no uncertain terms that I will not get early delivery

I drive a hard deal....

cos I bought the car on the spot...

• Praise 1

Hi,

Thanks.

No diff for mine. Set high to low and tested but seems like same same. Or maybe my ears not sensitive enough.

No difference to me most of the time though on rare occasions, the radio does sounds slighter louder when I’m driving inside the tunnel.

Neutral Newbie

By the way, City is on timing chain right? do this chain had to be changed along the way? Thks.

Currently driving a 2016 pre FL City.... just had problems with my battery (third time already!!); got Kah Assist and had it changed... was told it is “normal” since almost 2 years since the last change.... prev was told various reasons like not clocking enough mileage, blackvue camera on for too long ( now down to 6hours after stopping engine)....this time “ battery really got problem”....anyone has the same issue? Recall a while back about some Civic owners also having similar problem

Currently driving a 2016 pre FL City.... just had problems with my battery (third time already!!); got Kah Assist and had it changed... was told it is “normal” since almost 2 years since the last change.... prev was told various reasons like not clocking enough mileage, blackvue camera on for too long ( now down to 6hours after stopping engine)....this time “ battery really got problem”....anyone has the same issue? Recall a while back about some Civic owners also having similar problem

Eh?? I also same year as yours Pre FL. So far no issues (touchwood). But I did have enough mileage, blackvue camera spoilt and Nanopulser installed. So far so good (fingers crossed)..

↡ Advertisement