Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

Particularly this I think I would choose elantra for pick up from rest. City pickup from rest is sibeh dull due to CVT.. But after rubber band effect, the acceleration very shiok..

Hi Bro, Elantra pick up abt 11.8s which is pretty slow leh ..

I was going for these features - good, FC, Good rear legroom, boot size, rear aircon, keyless entry, knockdown seats, lot of charging points, Cruise control + paddle shifters, climate control etc 

Hi bro, mind sharing hw much u bought? Also, wat colour choice does KM have?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I meant to emphasise on the pickup from rest only. Not the subsequent gears.

Supersonic

Elantra is a heavy car.

Supersonic

If city is uncle car,I think all 4 doors saloon cars can consider uncle car.lol..

I think only 2 door coupe car can consider not uncle car.But is there still any 2 door car around? Can think of is only forte and veloster?(did i spell correctly?)lol...

Veloster is 3-door leh!

• Praise 1

City SV ($88,999) should be compared to Elantra GLS Elite ($84,999) and K3 SX Sports ($91,999). Elantra and K3 road tax slightly higher. 

K3 got more features in the car than City and comes in slightly more ex than City by $3k. 

In this scenario, City sounds logical to me leh. 

attachicon.gifComparison.JPG

Nice comparison. Thanks for that. Double confirmed that I made a good choice within my budget, that meets my expectations.

As per the promotion of Honda, City 1.5 SV is $88,999. Not ready to lower but with my old car handover, it came down to $80K

With the COE less than $30K, got a $5k rebate. 

They had 3 types of blue - sporty blue, nocturnal metallic blue, Metallic blue, red, grey and white, black etc. I chose Nocturnal metallic blue. Looks gorgeous. Pleasing to the eye. 

The reliability, economical FC (check the One motoring fuel calculator - Elantra has higher FC), also I see a lot of Elantra in the resale market but not many City. Also, I was looking for Jazz and City is another version of Jazz in a way. 

I didn't even consider it - many taxis are using Kia - so not keen 

you are right if FC is a concern, then elantra will not meet your expectation.

Unless drive very very slow with very very light foot, then may be can achieve something. 

but City is less features, if you are okay with it then will be a good choice for you. 

happy shopping of your new ride. 

Supersonic

Nice comparison. Thanks for that. Double confirmed that I made a good choice within my budget, that meets my expectations.

As per the promotion of Honda, City 1.5 SV is $88,999. Not ready to lower but with my old car handover, it came down to $80K

They had 3 types of blue - sporty blue, nocturnal metallic blue, Metallic blue, red, grey and white, black etc. I chose Nocturnal metallic blue. Looks gorgeous. Pleasing to the eye. 

If you dont mind bright colour, should have choose the red. It looks nice on city.

Elantra is a heavy car.

from engineering point of view when a manufacturer advertise using of latest technology on material such as carbon fibre or high strength steel, the purpose is to make the car much lighter but achieve the same/better rigidity. 

how come Elantra became more heavy...  ?? lol

(edited)

from engineering point of view when a manufacturer advertise using of latest technology on material such as carbon fibre or high strength steel, the purpose is to make the car much lighter but achieve the same/better rigidity.

how come Elantra became more heavy... ?? lol

light strong and cheap dont come hand in hand

korean technology steel is strong, my friend kanna sandwiched in korea, the Kia Carens he drove saved him and family

Edited by tokara22
  • Praise 1

Icic. Thk u for ur info. I might go dwn to KH to take a look.

you are right if FC is a concern, then elantra will not meet your expectation.

Unless drive very very slow with very very light foot, then may be can achieve something.

but City is less features, if you are okay with it then will be a good choice for you.

happy shopping of your new ride.

The only feature i can think of that city is lacking is rear disc brakes.. Is there more??
  • Praise 1

Jazz is it?factory fitted ones can last a decade

Aiyo... He mentioned it in City thread leh.. Its his City ladio spoil la.. I also think he quite suay.. Hehe..

How much is City SV now? I see from Kah Motor price list it is still ard 89k which are $10+k more as compare to Kia K3.

Quite a big difference leh.

Now is 84k for SV.

coe rebate 25k.

Aiyo... He mentioned it in City thread leh.. Its his City ladio spoil la.. I also think he quite suay.. Hehe..

That's a rare part to spoil. I think you are right. He no luck when it comes to car

(edited)

Jazz is it?factory fitted ones can last a decade

city

now sing to myself, can switch btw 100.3 and 91.3

nice

Edited by Keithchue
↡ Advertisement