Honda City 4th Gen

Hotnyh

Hi, I am on my first car Mazda 3.

Intend to change car. And interested in either City, Cerato, Civic or Elantra. I am not affected by the technical specs as I am a slow driver. Just want to have the car that I feel nice in apperance and the driver interface features.

I am in a dilemma whether to stick to Jap or switch to a Korean. Kinda feel like Japs is somehow still superior versus the Koreans. If I take a Korean is like downgrading myself? (No offence, but only general hearsay that I observed among people around me)

I hope experts here could share your comments?

Intend to change car. And interested in either City, Cerato, Civic or Elantra. I am not affected by the technical specs as I am a slow driver. Just want to have the car that I feel nice in apperance and the driver interface features.

I am in a dilemma whether to stick to Jap or switch to a Korean. Kinda feel like Japs is somehow still superior versus the Koreans. If I take a Korean is like downgrading myself? (No offence, but only general hearsay that I observed among people around me)

Go test drive the cars.

Then go for K3 cerato. Features many many, lots of driver interface.. Since performance is not an issue for u.. Driving korean doesn't mean downgrade la..
  • Praise 1

Just dropped off city at KAH for 80,000km servicing, or to quote SE super major servicing.

Was reminded I have an ongoing servicing package, will still be charged wear and tear, and NEED to flush carbon and flush engine, plus the change of air-conditioning belt. The belt change I'm okay to accept, they need to make a bit as well, but seriously the flush..

Not exactly a hard sell by KAH but owners please don't ever feel obliged to just accept everything wholesale from the SE.

Just listen to the mechanic. My honda also face the same marketing by KAH to change this and that.

Since I know the best of my car and my driving style, I only service the oil and air filter at 80K mileage.

Nothing will happen to aircon belt at least for the next 40K mileage. Flushing engine definitely not necessary. You should know "best" as the owner on your periodic maintenance records.

If u need help, let me know..

Thanks bro, have chance must blanja u. Just visited ts for the air filter and DIY at the carpark. Will probably do it myself every 6 months or via visual checks going forward.

The mister in glasses is good to chat with, we agreed thanks to vezel and hrv there is economies of scale for these parts haha.

Just listen to the mechanic. My honda also face the same marketing by KAH to change this and that.

Since I know the best of my car and my driving style, I only service the oil and air filter at 80K mileage.

Nothing will happen to aircon belt at least for the next 40K mileage. Flushing engine definitely not necessary. You should know "best" as the owner on your periodic maintenance records.

Yea I remembered the time to change alternator belt is usually when you hear the car making lizard hissing sounds after turning on the AC.

Oh well treat it as preventive maintenance, plus that part quite challenging to DIY.

Leave some money on the table some say haha

I test drive cannot feel the diff. Hahaha... literally layman in cars. Just looks nia.

Be prepared for the maintenance cost for KR rides, comparable to zoom zoom.

Hi all,

Honda city 4th gen is currently using Drums (not disc) for its 2 rear wheels.  Should this be a concern when deciding whether to buy this model? 

Similarly Honda city does not seem to have built-in GPS. Instead of using my phone (which the screen is small), possible to upgrade the head unit to include GPS? Typically how much will that cost?

Thank you

Hi all,

Honda city 4th gen is currently using Drums (not disc) for its 2 rear wheels. Should this be a concern when deciding whether to buy this model?

Similarly Honda city does not seem to have built-in GPS. Instead of using my phone (which the screen is small), possible to upgrade the head unit to include GPS? Typically how much will that cost?

Thank you

Do you drive the car hard? Currently the common displeasure is that the city brakes always squeals and make lots of noises.. Other than that, if u can take the noise, its fine. KM does not upgrade the HU to include gps. You may wanna do it outside on your own. As for cost, you may wanna ask for a few quotes from those audio shops that sells HUs.
  • Praise 4

Hi all! Placed my booking for honda city a few days back. I was informed by my SE that they will be installing a iroad in-car cam. Wanna check if you all received the same brand and what model will be given! Thks in advance

• Praise 2

Hi all! Placed my booking for honda city a few days back. I was informed by my SE that they will be installing a iroad in-car cam. Wanna check if you all received the same brand and what model will be given! Thks in advance ððð»

I was given the model V9S2 1 year ago.

Recently, I was at Mandai centre and saw that a X9 is being displayed. Not sure if KM is giving this new model now.

Best to check with your SE.

• Praise 3

I was given the model V9S2 1 year ago.

Recently, I was at Mandai centre and saw that a X9 is being displayed. Not sure if KM is giving this new model now.

Best to check with your SE.

Arites, thks

Morning everyone. Can i confirm how do u do a proper startup with these keyless cars? Some are telling me by depressing the brake and the START button from the getgo is wrong. Should just press the START button once, press START again until the 6 beeps stop, and then press the START button and the brake together.

Any take on this? Thanks in advance.

• Praise 2

Morning everyone. Can i confirm how do u do a proper startup with these keyless cars? Some are telling me by depressing the brake and the START button from the getgo is wrong. Should just press the START button once, press START again until the 6 beeps stop, and then press the START button and the brake together.

When I drive my brother's car, I just step the brake and press start from the get go

• Praise 3

Been going about with brake and button push for the past few years, no issues
  • Praise 1

Don't think there is any 'proper' way to startup with carless, though majority will depress the brake and press the start button. 

I will press the start button and watch all the illumination light up on the dashboard and extinguish, then I depress the brake and press the start button to startup. Similar to how I start my previous car with key, 1st turn follows a brief pause and 2nd key turn to startup the engine. 

After engine is started, I will then activate my wing mirrors, press the air con main switch and the 'on' button, on my HU and finally up its volume.