Man uses 1st class ticket to get free meals for almost a yr

Vulcann

Man uses first-class ticket to get free meals for almost a year

flightfood_wikimedia_relax.jpg?itok=OZeT

The Star/Asia News Network | Fri, Jan 24 2014

A man bought a first-class ticket and used it to have free meals and drinks at the airport's VIP lounge almost every day for nearly a year, Kwong Wah Yit Poh reported.

The itinerary for the ticket was found to have been changed more than 300 times within a year, and the owner of the ticket used it to enjoy the facilities at the airport's VIP lounge in Xi'an in Shaanxi, China.

The rare case was discovered by a China Eastern Airlines staff member, who then decided to investigate.

When the ticket's validity was almost up, the passenger cancelled it for a refund.

An airlines spokesman said there were no means to stop this act, even if it was done on purpose. However, many netizens lauded the passenger for being smart, rather than condemning him.

(source: http://www.relax.com.sg/article/news/man-uses-first-class-ticket-to-get-free-meals-for-almost-a-year)

Gota give this man a Tiger! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Best part was he even went ahead to cancel the ticket for a refund at the end of the its validity.

Not sure if we can emulate him here [sly]

TGIF bros.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

the pic really exaggerate.

the tix may be 1st class but airport lounge food is just ordinary mass-produced buffet.

unfinished stuff would've been thrown out anyway so no loss really

Edited by Karoon

it's all boils down to ethics and moral.

I am sure there are many who knows this loophole, myself included since I fly quite a bit, but it's not ethical to do such thing.

But then some people don't care about ethics and morals, just like some don't care about other road users as long it is convenient to them.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Won't happen here.

All the VIP lounge at Changi is airside, so you need to check in for the flight before you can enter the lounge.

That being said, SQ's 1st class lounge (called The Private Room) is really a class in itself. You get actual fine dining there.

I am toying with the idea of redeeming first class ticket on SQ for my next holiday.

Edited by Shull
  • Praise 1

Man uses first-class ticket to get free meals for almost a year

flightfood_wikimedia_relax.jpg?itok=OZeT

The Star/Asia News Network | Fri, Jan 24 2014

A man bought a first-class ticket and used it to have free meals and drinks at the airport's VIP lounge almost every day for nearly a year, Kwong Wah Yit Poh reported.

The itinerary for the ticket was found to have been changed more than 300 times within a year, and the owner of the ticket used it to enjoy the facilities at the airport's VIP lounge in Xi'an in Shaanxi, China.

The rare case was discovered by a China Eastern Airlines staff member, who then decided to investigate.

When the ticket's validity was almost up, the passenger cancelled it for a refund.

An airlines spokesman said there were no means to stop this act, even if it was done on purpose. However, many netizens lauded the passenger for being smart, rather than condemning him.

(source: http://www.relax.com.sg/article/news/man-uses-first-class-ticket-to-get-free-meals-for-almost-a-year)

Gota give this man a Tiger! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Best part was he even went ahead to cancel the ticket for a refund at the end of the its validity.

Not sure if we can emulate him here [sly]

TGIF bros.

Why not? Can give it a try since everything here has been rather lax lately [sly]

TGIF to you too! [bounce2]

I am sure there are many who knows this loophole, myself included since I fly quite a bit, but it's not ethical to do such thing.

But then some people don't care about ethics and morals, just like some don't care about other road users as long it is convenient to them.

Agree.

That also applies to people who buy, use and then return the items to Walmart for a refund.

I have always respected the Americans for the money-back guarantee policy but there are just a group of people who would go there to abuse the system and spoil the trust.

• Praise 1

Agree.

That also applies to people who buy, use and then return the items to Walmart for a refund.

I have always respected the Americans for the money-back guarantee policy but there are just a group of people who would go there to abuse the system and spoil the trust.

Some people actually made $ from the refunds.

Buy x amount of items in order to have some credits.

Refund the items but the credit still stands.

Sell/trade the credits for cash.

• Praise 1

That's the first thing I wonder too. If he has the ticket already, shouldn't it mean he has checked in? Or tix just means tix, boarding pass is different?

Won't happen here.

All the VIP lounge at Changi is airside, so you need to check in for the flight before you can enter the lounge.

That being said, SQ's 1st class lounge (called The Private Room) is really a class in itself. You get actual fine dining there.

I am toying with the idea of redeeming first class ticket on SQ for my next holiday.

china leh. what morals and ethics you talking about?

these people's moral system is pretty screwed

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

That's the first thing I wonder too. If he has the ticket already, shouldn't it mean he has checked in? Or tix just means tix, boarding pass is different?

Some airports has the lounge on landside, especially for domestic terminal..

• Praise 1

Buying the cheapest domestic flight first class ticket now!!!! [laugh] [laugh]

Please make sure they don't charge you for changing flight schedules LOL

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1