SAF Boots Selling in TaoBao!

Bonafidestack

Did you do outfield training or not? How could the boots can last for 20 years?

I still have with me the 'Schick" shaver which was a standard issued way back 38years ago (1976). Till today, I am still using it. Just open my last '10 pcs blade cartridge' which I brought it from Oriental Emporium (closed down donkey years). Emporium Logo still on the cartridge packing.

Serving me for 38 years ..... [bounce2]

Wonder where can I buy the blades ... [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Did you do outfield training or not? How could the boots can last for 20 years?

definitely... cheong sungei gedong, tekong and nee soon

my boots were those old generation type... very tough and durable

Not all toilets are dry.

Tuck the bottom of your pants into the SAF boots OR use those gutter band to prevent the bottom of your pants from touching the wet floor.

Not all toilets are dry.

Tuck the bottom of your pants into the SAF boots OR use those gutter band to prevent the bottom of your pants from touching the wet floor.

Twincharged

But if need to do big biz, very troublesome to take out, especially those at the tip of coming out already.

when i went back for reservist, i got a new pair ... first thing i did was to bring ti down to beach road and then look for a "cobbler" there on the second floor and ask them to modify them from #4 to #3 zipper boots.

$7 per boot.

easy on and easy off.

Wear this consperm Kena [laugh]

no need lah ... just wear steel toe capped safety boots can already .... i always kenah at security checks when i travel ... here and overseas.

but now i wear crocs.

• Praise 1

I wear my No. 3 shoes to office every day. What's the big deal?

Nod nod 40 plus dollars to last for one year. (Office & sites). The best part monthly wash cun liquid shoe shine look like new. [thumbsup]

I still have with me the 'Schick" shaver which was a standard issued way back 38years ago (1976). Till today, I am still using it. Just open my last '10 pcs blade cartridge' which I brought it from Oriental Emporium (closed down donkey years). Emporium Logo still on the cartridge packing.

Serving me for 38 years ..... [bounce2]

Wonder where can I buy the blades ... [flowerface]

The more you shaved, the more blade you buy bro,

Used electric shaver saves $$$

• Praise 1

mine lasted all tru bmt to ict years. what condition is different matter! lol but still can use as long dont rain in field!

i think that batch is the tough leather scale boots?

How you got by the parade with a boot of such condition. Well i was in that predicament, so in weighing the pro and con of changing to s new pair of boot "I Reported sick or volunteer for duty at medical centre".

Edited by Kopites

Could not find the thread where you guys were complaining about the new(now old) boots but looks like saf took notice.

Pity their new boots are so damn heavy! I wonder how much "budget" factors into their decision making when choosing suitable boots.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/how-the-safs-combat-boots-have-evolved-over-the-decades?xtor=EREC-16-2[sT_Newsletter_PM]-20161227-[How+the+SAF%27s+combat+boots+have+evolved+over+the+decades]&xts=538291post-27068-0-17239200-1482842337_thumb.png

post-27068-0-17239200-1482842337_thumb.png

Edited by Kusje

Could not find the thread where you guys were complaining about the new(now old) boots but looks like saf took notice.

Pity their new boots are so damn heavy! I wonder how much "budget" factors into their decision making when choosing suitable boots.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/how-the-safs-combat-boots-have-evolved-over-the-decades?xtor=EREC-16-2[sT_Newsletter_PM]-20161227-[How+the+SAF%27s+combat+boots+have+evolved+over+the+decades]&xts=538291 Screenshot_2016-12-27-19-02-02.png

Heavy? Thought the new ones are lighter than the frontier. I had to buy a new frontier though cos my sole was dropping off during ict.

There are two new boots. One is 700g and the other that is supposed to be "durable" is 900g. When someone tells me that one is durable then I would logically imagine that the other one is not durable (and why would I want a frontier v2?).

For reference, frontier is 700g.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/how-the-safs-combat-boots-have-evolved-over-the-decades?xtor=EREC-16-2[sT_Newsletter_PM]-20161227-[How+the+SAF%27s+combat+boots+have+evolved+over+the+decades]&xts=538291

Posting the link again.

Weight: 900g (ACB) or 700g (ECB)

The ACB, which is designed for durability, will be constructed with directly moulded soles, while the ECB - for active manoeuvre units like infantry, commandos and guards - will have a fully stitched cupsole.

The ACB comes in two models - Peruvian brand Wellco Peruana and US brand Altama - and they have synthetic breathable material that allows quick drying, as well as a sole suitable for jungle use.

The ECB, made by US brand Magnum, has an outsole that can be used in both jungle and urban terrains. 

Edited by Kusje

Ya the 1st gen gore Tex boots were good stuff. I remember using them for 1st ICT in 2001.

Edited by Mkl22

A little off topic but the SAF towels these days also sucks balls.

Their so called microfiber towel cannot even absorb water and just helps you to spread the water around your body.

I wonder if their procurement dept did any testing before placing these orders.

Unless I read wrong... they are issuing 1 pair from each supplier to recruits.

So these guys will test them?

Sounds like a big commitment to keep trying out boots without knowing the user and how long it lasts.

The old scale boots were hard but good insoles helped. They lasts long. With the reservist cycle, I'd much rather they dun fall apart.

New ones have a 2-4 year life. LOL..

mine is more than 20 years and still ok.

Ya the 1st gen gore Tex boots were good stuff. I remember using them for 1st ICT in 2001.

Mine fell apart. . I wasted credits on them

Their so called microfiber towel cannot even absorb water and just helps you to spread the water around your body.

My mates tell me good for the beach.. because it doesn't attract sand at all. Lol

I bought some before I MR a couple of years back. Good ley. You need to wash it a few times to "season" it.

Heavy? Thought the new ones are lighter than the frontier. I had to buy a new frontier though cos my sole was dropping off during ict.

moi use this one

Go reservist Encik close one eye

:XD:

mymYQGeFWqsF0fs5zAYbbOA.jpg

Long time ago can ship from amazon

Now no more kangtao liao

So soft machiam basket ball shoe :XD:

User problem.

I absolutely love the microfibre towels.

Much better than the old type.

It looks like Adidas to me.

moi use this one
Go reservist Encik close one eye
:XD:
mymYQGeFWqsF0fs5zAYbbOA.jpg
Long time ago can ship from amazon
Now no more kangtao liao
So soft machiam basket ball shoe :XD:

• Praise 1

At the airport I would use slip on shoes.

Then at the resort use cheap china fur lined

boots. With winter socks and $2 daiso fur lined

thermal insoles walk in the snow my feet didn't

feel cold and that was like 8 hours outdoors 

cross country skiing. For walking on ice use

cheap china cleats to prevent slipping. I think

the cleats more important.

:D

↡ Advertisement