I saw something today

Darryn

What you are referring to are "deal breakers"

Like in any country, there is always the positive and the negative. The good and the bad.

Each of us has to weigh our own priorities, and make our own evaluation of what we can and cannot accept, what is important to us and the "weightings" we give to different aspects of environment, life and culture and then make our decisions.

At the same time it is important to note, there are always choices, does it matter to me? how much? Can I do anything to change it? Are the things I can do worth it? If I cannot change something, can I accept it?

Just because there are things you don't like, do you always have to throw the baby out with the bathwater?

If there is something that you think can be improved - should you talk about it or should you just shut up?

The way you write, you know I know everyone know what you trying to do.

To me so long as no law is broken and not bordering on being illegal or immoral, who are we to judge? The bottles and sling bags not exactly that heavy to begin with, so definitely no ill treatment involved. Surely not every or many family treat their helpers like that, and the family will have to deal with the effects in years to come when their kids became too pampered and over-reliant. What we can do is to treat ours better, if you are so conscious of it and happen to have one.

I never allow my kids to take advantage of my helper. Carrying their bags themselves is basic. Emptying the plates and taking them to basin are expected of them after every meals. My 6 year old daughter wash the dishes for the family regularly, and did it very well. Very proud of her! I always make sure my kids understand that their aunty is only there to help them and not to do everything for them, and definitely not their slave.

The best part is that my domestic helper owns the best handphone in the family, an Iphone 5! And she often use it to do viber with her family while cooking, and updating her facebook account everyday. she has been with my family for 8.5 years, serving the family well. Never get days off but she has no problem with that.

The bottom line is - you have been thinking too hard lah. Relax and enjoy your stay here while it last.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Dun pray pray lei, they got superior humor hor..

People saying you all very 'small air', people cannot criticize you.

So just post observation. Then say no comment. Passive aggressive.

noticed the same too.. let's see where this will go with TS

who here with kids dont have maid?

me.... why?

You know I know everyone know.......he is never gona convert to SC.

In time to come, like all PR, he will laugh his way back home with his Mt. CPF.

So i wont be too bothered about his views......its always flawed.

The way you write, you know I know everyone know what you trying to do.

You know I know everyone know.......he is never gona convert to SC.

In time to come, like all PR, he will laugh his way back home with his Mt. CPF.

So i wont be too bothered about his views......its always flawed.

I don't think it is fair to say that. A person's allegiance to his home country cannot be used against him. If one day I am to live in another country due to circumstances, I wish my views will not be despised or discounted just because I choose to be a Singaporean.

I don't think it is fair to say that. A person's allegiance to his home country cannot be used against him. If one day I am to live in another country due to circumstances, I wish my views will not be despised or discounted just because I choose to be a Singaporean.

People despise you because you belong to the North Pole and yet chose to be in the equator. You're a traitor to the ice, aurora, penguins and seals.

People despise you because you belong to the North Pole and yet chose to be in the equator. You're a traitor to the ice, aurora, penguins and seals.

Everyone can despise me except you. You want to know why?

Everyone can despise me except you. You want to know why?

Because he belongs on the Pole too? :D

"On" - not a typo.

cos u two are gay lovers???

Too much on the nose. Next time, wait for my witty and subtle reply can? [laugh]

Because he belongs on the Pole too? :D

"On" - not a typo.

Too much on the nose. Next time, wait for my witty and subtle reply can? [laugh]

Hardly subtle when you suck me off [laugh]

Deh how to be hard when that owl face looked at me like that deh :D

No offence to pundek, but that really does look like him. [laugh]

Now he's gonna ban me. :D

i don't really get the problem. The mother is holding her kid's hands like she should. Really depends on how heavy the bags are right.

If the maid is struggling like crazy then yeah it's not nice of the employer to not notice.

Similarly, if my wife holds my kids hand while im crossing the road and meanwhile i'm carrying the entire family's bags. So i'm being mistreated like a dog?

I steady right? [laugh]:D

Very steady. Of course, it's hardly surprising that you have all these weirdo male photos at your disposal considering your ...er unique proclivities and peccadilloes. :D

Very steady. Of course, it's hardly surprising that you have all these weirdo male photos at your disposal considering your ...er unique proclivities and peccadilloes. :D

[grin][grin][grin] u wait...i know where u stay...

U mean u r not bothered when i put in bus formation against chelski ? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement