Yokohama BluEarth Ace-AE50

Cephas

I will check again the model.. But I already traveled about 13000km++ with my tires. I went for my last servicing at Hanip Automobile and he said my tires are not the silent type and recommended me to get the Japanese one.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, I've been reading this thread quite thoroughly. I was quoted Yokohama Ae50 84H made in Japan. Reason I want to change this is because tire is far too noisy on the road for my vios. I change my tires 4 months ago though. Im currently on Michelin 185/60 r15 84H. Can advice if I should proceed? Cannot tahan alresdy the noise too loud.

Is it possible that the tyres are mounted turning the wrong direction on your car? Happened to my colleague when I sensed something was not quite right with his tyres and they were directionals with arrows!

Energy XM2

THIS xm2 is a comfort and energy saving tires

and shouldn't have any noise issue from what I know.

tires are always good to have regular care like pressure check and balance etc . 

tire noise could also caused by uneven wear due to lack of care , faulty suspension , poor driving habit. 

putting a Japanese brand product is not the key reasons to stay away from this noise issue. 

just MHO

Hi everyone, just an update. Just sent in my car for servicing. The workshop folks said the same thing. Nothing wrong with my tires or wheel alignments or suspension or well bearings..so not sure where this tire noise is coming from. They said it's normal. Anything you guys can give advice?

Hi everyone, just an update. Just sent in my car for servicing. The workshop folks said the same thing. Nothing wrong with my tires or wheel alignments or suspension or well bearings..so not sure where this tire noise is coming from. They said it's normal. Anything you guys can give advice?

Brother, one thing to look into is your tyre pressure.  How much pressure that you pump? Are you following the pressure spec from your car?

Hi Bro,

I pump in 220kpA for the front and 210kpA for the rear tyres. I tried adjusting +-10kpa to see if it makes a difference before. Still the same.

Well, 220 & 210kpA is normal for a mid-size car.  if that is the case, if you are really cannot tahan the noise then change tyres.  But if the noise is still bearable stay with it for at least 2 years or runs 40,000km whichever come first before changing.  don't waste $.

Well, 220 & 210kpA is normal for a mid-size car. if that is the case, if you are really cannot tahan the noise then change tyres. But if the noise is still bearable stay with it for at least 2 years or runs 40,000km whichever come first before changing. don't waste $.

I actually asked advice for the tyre pressure and the workshop said I could pump in 250kPa. After driving, I noticed the car much more quieter. But still noisy on rough roads but definitely better.

Hi Bro,

I pump in 220kpA for the front and 210kpA for the rear tyres. I tried adjusting +-10kpa to see if it makes a difference before. Still the same.

Can take a picture of your existing tyres thread design?

Neutral Newbie

was quoted yokohama bluearth ae50 - $98 per piece for vios 185/60/15 at yew tee industrial area. made in Japan. currently using falken sincera 832i 50k km travelled. made in Thai. any comment for the price ? or recommend alternative brand? using for daily usage. Thanks in advance

I changed my car to altis last Aug.. Previous owner changed rim to 17 inch and using ps3 tires.. Was very noisy cos the tires was gonna worn out. Steering got issue even after alignment. So go ally decides last month to replace all 4 tires with new yokohama AE50.. was much quieter than ps3 but grip not as good as compared to a worn out ps3 tire. Changed all disc rotors and didn't and rear brakes and front stabilisers. It solved the steering issue. But it ain't cheap.. Total damage was too much.

I changed my car to altis last Aug.. Previous owner changed rim to 17 inch and using ps3 tires.. Was very noisy cos the tires was gonna worn out. Steering got issue even after alignment. So go ally decides last month to replace all 4 tires with new yokohama AE50.. was much quieter than ps3 but grip not as good as compared to a worn out ps3 tire. Changed all disc rotors and didn't and rear brakes and front stabilisers. It solved the steering issue. But it ain't cheap.. Total damage was too much.

One is comfort tyre another one is more to performance tyre.. Cannot compare like this ma..

just bought 245/35/19 $220 each...

noisy leh.............

yours is low profile tyre.....i guess most will be noisy

I recently changed to yoko v105 245/40/18.

very gd grip and not as noisy as i thought. quite happy with my purchase

↡ Advertisement