Mr Lee Kuan Yew will miss CNY dinner for the second time

Darthrevan

Its only about 2 more years to 2016, i am sure he can live till then to see what will happen in 2016. Anyway, he has not make any public appearance since last year NDP?!

He did. He recently (a couple of months ago) had dinner with an ang moh from the states (could not rem his position).

He was? Or was it 2012?

2013 NDP la. Still remember there was rumour on his health that he would not attend the NDP. But in the end he appeared lo. Edited by 13177

I also dunno can eat until his age , he is a strong man to me. As for salary , for all he has done , i don't really mind . Anyway money cannot bring to grave , no point being jealous of how much he earns.

• Praise 4

I also dunno can eat until his age , he is a strong man to me. As for salary , for all he has done , i don't really mind . Anyway money cannot bring to grave , no point being jealous of how much he earns.

My sentiment too!

• Praise 1

One must never forget the path he has laid for us. It is now for us the lay the path to our future.

I wish him a quick recovery.

• Praise 2

bulls**t lah, we SIngaporeans overpaid him far too long liao lah... gratitude is one thing, stupidity is another..

• Praise 1

bulls**t lah, we SIngaporeans overpaid him far too long liao lah... gratitude is one thing, stupidity is another..

I don't remember singaporeans approving any MP or ministars pay...

• Praise 1

Could be the money he earned which able him to eat until his age?! Maybe if you have tons of money, you can live longer?!

Could be the money he earned which able him to eat until his age?! Maybe if you have tons of money, you can live longer?!

no need money also can, can still fight for girlfriend [laugh][laugh]

im worried that SG doesnt have a future leader which can unite everyone.

If there is unity, why is there a brain drain?
In an interview by UPI Editor at Large, Arnaud de Borchgrave on Feb. 2, 2008
ex-PM admitted the brain drain:

Q: You also have a brain drain?

A: Yes, we're losing them to America.
Q: Not China?
A: No, there they have to compete against 1.3 billion people producing huge numbers of very bright people. They'd rather go to America where they become acclimatized, then go to China with an American firm. Chinese speakers, they are part of an American team with a leg up on their Chinese competitors. And from there, they can come back to Singapore with the kind of experience that puts them at the top of their game. Those who seek less rigorous competition, a more relaxed lifestyle, go to Canada and Australia.
Q: How many top brains do you consider lost to Singapore every year?
A: At the top end, about 1,000 a year. That's a loss of 4 percent or 5 percent. But compensating that, we have Chinese and Indians coming here looking for better prospects. So on balance, we're still gainers. But the day will come when China, in 30 or 40 years, will offer better prospects than any country in the world.

But regarding the reply, I really don't know whether the top end 1k/yr are going to US or the bulk goes to Canada or down under.

Since when ' mata ' ask citizen how much thy should be paid ?

There is a disparity between paid in dollars vs working hard to pay our due/s ?

They sit in high office and becomes keyboard warrior giving instructions to their downlines, of course not all are bad, but the younger generation ministers are behaving that way.

One must never forget the path he has laid for us. It is now for us the lay the path to our future.

I wish him a quick recovery.

Yes, I respect him and team for doing a miraculous job for SGP.

I also saw all that is to see, read, the methods he used on his political opponents but sometimes you need to sacrifice

some(ones) to bring about greater things for the country.

However, I can't give the same level of respect for the current team though.

• Praise 2

Yes, I respect him and team for doing a miraculous job for SGP.

I also saw all that is to see, read, the methods he used on his political opponents but sometimes you need to sacrifice

some(ones) to bring about greater things for the country.

However, I can't give the same level of respect for the current team though.

different times, different sentiments.

put him as a young man he was then to the team now... just won't work.

↡ Advertisement