TP carrying out enforcement on Upper East Coast Road

Darthrevan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h683pzcwpnA

Since the extra demerit point system was implemented at school zones on Jan 1, Traffic Police reported 17 speeding offences in school zones; 11 drivers were caught beating the red light; 16 for careless driving and one for inconsiderate driving.
On Thursday morning, the media observed how the Traffic Police conducted their enforcement in three school zones in the eastern part of Singapore. Two Traffic Police officers were stationed outside Temasek Secondary School on Upper East Coast Road to catch motorists speeding down the road, which has a speed limit of 50km/hr.
Within 15 minutes of operations, Traffic Police caught a female van driver speeding down the road. The two officers chased after the driver in their motorbikes. She eventually stopped by the side of the road and her particulars were taken down. She declined to speak to the media.
As part of stepped up enforcement against errant motorists in school zones, an extra demerit point applies to all motorists caught committing the offence of careless driving, inconsiderate driving, beating the red light, or speeding within school zones.
↡ Advertisement

this morning, within 2 km along PIE, i saw 2 TP stop vehicles and give summon, 2 TP at the side of the road watching, 1 TP drove pass me [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

why no catch dua lolli running lane 2 at express way!!!

by the way, i believe it wasn't peak hour when the TP is there.. otherwise sure catch people illegal stop to drop their kids...

Edited by Knoobie

this morning, within 2 km along PIE, i saw 2 TP stop vehicles and give summon, 2 TP at the side of the road watching, 1 TP drove pass me [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

which part of the pie?

Looks like now driving through school zones better extra careful liao!

I alway assume they would give free play of 10-20km/h. Not true at all!

they just came out with new rule need to catch a few first before going back to normal SOP.

in reality most drivers disregard school zones' speed limit..if the TP really want to catch..just camping there for 8 hours daily can probably nab more than 100 per day

• Praise 1

Expressway give allowance of 20-40 kmph is reasonable (IMHO), but not school zone.. Afterall, school zone is those area where it's near schools and school children. Besides, beat one traffic light also will stop at the next, so, rush so much for what?

Safety of the school kids more important. This one more strict better!

↡ Advertisement