Aston Martin will recall 75% of all cars made since 2007

tanbk

2008-2014 model years

Aston Martin has announced a major recall which will affect 75 percent of all cars manufactured since 2007.

This huge recall affects no less than 17,590 cars made by Aston Martin and involves all left-hand drive cars manufactured since November 2007 and all right-hand drive models produced since May 2012 which according to a company spokesman represent approximately 75 percent of all cars built since 2007. Out of a total of 17,590 cars, 5,001 units are from North America while the other 12,589 units were sold worldwide and none of the recalled cars is a Vanquish model.

This massive recall has to do with a Chinese sub-supplier who was using counterfeit plastic material for a component which they supplied to Aston Martin. Company spokeswoman Sarah Calam says 22 failed parts have been reported so far and luckily no accidents or injuries were related to this problem.

As a result of this recall, Aston Martin is now being supplied directly by a DuPont distributor.

↡ Advertisement

Jialat, my good friend just bought a 2012 DB9 couple of months ago

Hope his car is not under the "affected" list.

Edited by Throttle2

Aston Martin also get component from China.... Wtf.....

Mic is really really cmi. Oops, mic - cmi......rotfl.......

Eg Honda bikes known for uber quality. But in 2004, during a facelift model for a very popular bike. super 4, cb400......, heard from my mech they outsourced the electrical componants to mic.

And.........feedback was from bike forums............when riders rode in mod/heavy rain, they felt mild/moderate jolts of electric shocks........subsequently, Honda stopped it (for those affected componants).....problem solved.

MIT Honda also better than MIC.

So bottom line is MIC = CMI

For things like mobile phones....1st got no choice, 2nd anything goes wrong, should not cost lives. The same cant be said for componants used ofr transport, esp when its at higher speed.

Not to mention destruction of Aston's reputation.

Recalling 75% of all cars is crazy.

Only need One made in china part in an aston martin would cause a destruction of other parts through fatal accident

In this case, I don't blame mic product... If I'm buying an Aston martin, with the kind of money, I would expect 100% of the stuff are from Europe, up to the thread use to stitch up the upholstery... Nothing less... Really couldn't believe they source component from China.. This brand has drop a few notch from my wish list... Pui..

In this case, I don't blame mic product... If I'm buying an Aston martin, with the kind of money, I would expect 100% of the stuff are from Europe, up to the thread use to stitch up the upholstery... Nothing less... Really couldn't believe they source component from China.. This brand has drop a few notch from my wish list... Pui..

[thumbsup]

Hope this is not just the start of these elite marques..

Not to mention destruction of Aston's reputation.

Recalling 75% of all cars is crazy.

Hope the bike/car industry learn from this.

Thai, Indo, Africa also have abundance of competitive labour w corresponding unencouraging salaries. It all comes down to morals.

When charging China made phone,better don't listen when the phone rings,China got 1 air hostess die while doing so.!

huh? wtf! phone exploded ?

That's why never ever use condoms made in China.

about 5-6 years ago, an ex colleagues husband kup crashed. Went into coma, brain dead.....hota took over, iirc, pulled the plug on 25/12/2008.

Heard it was due to tyre ruptured. Sadly, there are still riders (of all motorist) going for chiong tyres to which many originate from mic.

When he left, he left behind his wife with a 1 yr old thereabout infant.

Anything made by ah tiong ... car parts, food especially, don't trust!

China all star, anything goes :-O

poisonous milk powder

bang u over, reverse over u again to ensure the victim s dead.

In fact, i read that the locals there, unless at atas places, they rather buy middle tier ciggy as thosed established like Marlboro/DUnhill have higher chances of being faked.

iirc, was there a scam involving used eo for food applications. The reporter who was trying to investigate the case was assasinated....

When charging China made phone,better don't listen when the phone rings,China got 1 air hostess die while doing so.!

Can you quote the news article? I'm interested to read more.

Only need One made in china part in an aston martin would cause a destruction of other parts through fatal accident

Here's wishing the three vessel indo navy is getting has lots of mic parts!!!

↡ Advertisement