• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic | 56 praises

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

Icu
  • Icu
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Saw this yesterday but surprised that it's not big news since at least 3 major local banks are hit.

http://m.todayonline...edit-card-fraud

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Kin!!!!! Poh mata!!! [grin]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

Jimmylim
  • Premium member
    Jimmylim
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Kin!!!!! Poh mata!!! [grin]

poh mata also maybe no use like in my case... with ip address linking to ntu, a contact number, hall address, etc, also no follow up. tried calling IO but like calling ghost.

Mustank praised this

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

poh mata also maybe no use like in my case... with ip address linking to ntu, a contact number, hall address, etc, also no follow up. tried calling IO but like calling ghost.

your one different, Banks got lots of money to sue and sue and sue.

we got limited power, but banks got unlimited special, if that fellow does not plea guilty and drag, I think he die faster.

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    Author Image

when mata fails. there is always social media! [laugh]  [laugh]

Mustank praised this

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

http://www.mycarforu...it-card-frauds/

stick to this thread only please.  dun start any new threads on this

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My one dormant OCBC card was fraudulently charged today.

Yes, it's the one registered with comgateway.

So I think the root cause is that comgateway got hacked.

It's best not to register your credit card with any online shippers or shops.

It may be more inconvenient to keep typing your credit card number for every transaction, but you never know if it's going to be hacked.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:11 AM

Icu
  • Icu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

It would be difficult because not all online shops would accept alternative payment methods. Perhaps legislation should be meted for online portals on what acceptable security standards are necessary for safeguarding customers' information. Credit companies (i.e. VISA, Mastercard, etc) should considering implementing security solutions (similar to 2FA verification devices) via card-issuing client banks for online transactions.

To date, I have not heard anything from affected banks regarding this illegal Neweb Technologies issue; I would assume investigations are still ongoing.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

heng ah....i never registered w them.....

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

ShepherdPie
  • ShepherdPie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

It would be difficult because not all online shops would accept alternative payment methods. Perhaps legislation should be meted for online portals on what acceptable security standards are necessary for safeguarding customers' information. Credit companies (i.e. VISA, Mastercard, etc) should considering implementing security solutions (similar to 2FA verification devices) via card-issuing client banks for online transactions.

To date, I have not heard anything from affected banks regarding this illegal Neweb Technologies issue; I would assume investigations are still ongoing.

it probably hard prove that comgateway is where the leak happens.. unless they willing admit to it..

All MAS can do is to check if comgateway complianced to all the rules / regulations that it set.

In any case, never register cc with anyone, even for my paypal.. i also add and remove every time i use it. Its not how good or how reputable the shop is that is matter.. it's cyberspare being vulunderable ...And never never save cc information together with code on website.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it probably hard prove that comgateway is where the leak happens.. unless they willing admit to it..

When I try to enter the "new" CGW website, my email was not recognised.

I had an old link from my email and somehow able to enter the "old" website  using same email and password.

That's how I found my CC number in my acct.

It seemed that CGW just brushed off this hack and replaced with a new login page, with nary an apology or acknowledgement.

I would not use them anymore.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Icu
  • Icu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

All MAS can do is to check if comgateway complianced to all the rules / regulations that it set.

In any case, never register cc with anyone, even for my paypal.. i also add and remove every time i use it. Its not how good or how reputable the shop is that is matter.. it's cyberspare being vulunderable ...And never never save cc information together with code on website.

I don't think MAS have jurisdictions over CGW or Amazon, let alone effect or enforce any compliance on foreign firms. Basically, shoppers are deemed to undertake the risks upon the transactions - I thought that's what all these disclaimers & terms/conditions (+ fine prints) are for....

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

ShepherdPie
  • ShepherdPie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I don't think MAS have jurisdictions over CGW or Amazon, let alone effect or enforce any compliance on foreign firms. Basically, shoppers are deemed to undertake the risks upon the transactions - I thought that's what all these disclaimers & terms/conditions (+ fine prints) are for....

i also think so.. aniway.. i just say these in replied to the "blowjob" thread...

Common' if you forget to lock your door when you left your house.. why you blaming the security guard for theft, even in a condo.

Icu praised this

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

Icu
  • Icu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

At least some news from the mainstream media..

http://www.todayonli...ges-focal-point

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

NBCCB..... after OCBC.... thought all settle.... yesterday, got an sms from DBS that they blocked my Master Card..... another unauthorised transaction.... pui...... comfarkway really nbccb.... 

________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

NBCCB..... after OCBC.... thought all settle.... yesterday, got an sms from DBS that they blocked my Master Card..... another unauthorised transaction.... pui...... comfarkway really nbccb.... 

UOB called me last weekend after they found out i have transaction history with CGW, though there was no fraud charging but and they will cancel my card and issue a new one. Not bad for the initiative :D
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

UOB called me last weekend after they found out i have transaction history with CGW, though there was no fraud charging but and they will cancel my card and issue a new one. Not bad for the initiative :D

If CGW not doing anything... local bank should just blocked payment to the god damn site..... I won't be using them anyway..... 

Edited by Nlatio, 25 February 2014 - 09:17 PM.

________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:26 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I just received a SMS from DBS informing me of a transaction of ILS 10000.00 ONE LIS LTD was made on my DBS ESSO Card.

I called the number immediately and a quick check was made by him. He told me a few transactions were made two days ago. All the transactions were made overseas. He cancelled my card and will issue me a new card in a few days time. He told me the investigation will take 2 to 3 weeks. 

Wth. I am about to use the card to fuel ten... [thumbsdown]  [hur]

Edited by Fitvip, 30 January 2019 - 03:34 PM.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:35 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I just received a SMS from DBS informing me of a transaction of ILS 10000.00 ONE LIS LTD was made on my DBS ESSO Card.

I called the number immediately and a quick check was made by him. He told me a few transactions were made two days ago. All the transactions were made overseas. He cancelled my card and will issue me a new card in a few days time. He told me the investigation will take 2 to 3 weeks. 

Make sure the number you called is the one listed on the card and not the one in the SMS.

Fitvip praised this
That is all.

Posted 30 January 2019 - 03:40 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

happened to me too on fuel promo month somemore .. at the end I cant use all those promo discount with new card .   :lll._.:

樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: neweb fraud banks, credit, card and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users