Credit Card Fraud

Icu

I just received a SMS from DBS informing me of a transaction of ILS 10000.00 ONE LIS LTD was made on my DBS ESSO Card.

I called the number immediately and a quick check was made by him. He told me a few transactions were made two days ago. All the transactions were made overseas. He cancelled my card and will issue me a new card in a few days time. He told me the investigation will take 2 to 3 weeks. 

Wth. I am about to use the card to fuel ten... [thumbsdown]  [hur]

Make sure the number you called is the one listed on the card and not the one in the SMS.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I just received a SMS from DBS informing me of a transaction of ILS 10000.00 ONE LIS LTD was made on my DBS ESSO Card.

I called the number immediately and a quick check was made by him. He told me a few transactions were made two days ago. All the transactions were made overseas. He cancelled my card and will issue me a new card in a few days time. He told me the investigation will take 2 to 3 weeks. 

happened to me too on fuel promo month somemore .. at the end I cant use all those promo discount with new card .   :lll._.:

• Praise 1

Oops, is it?

In case its a scam ... you shld see the sms from DBS Card

Dear Customer, for security reasons, your card number ending **** has been blocked from use. Please call +65 63396963 immediately.

• Praise 4

After the alert by Kusje, I called the hotline, and she confirmed her colleague had received my call earlier and had blocked the card. 

Heng arh!

Yes of course. 

How do you know if the fellow sending you the SMS is legit or not?

Thanks. Learnt stg from you! Luckily it turned out to be genuine in my case.

• Praise 1

My posb everyday was hacked 2 months ago  :a-m1524:

Now all my cards comes with sms alert so I hope it is safe this way  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4