New Straits Times: S'pore water deal to be reviewed

Vulcann

Ya..to be fair, there is a need to compare, cost of raw water, cost to treated water and price sold back.

Is the cost of treating water higher than the water sold back?

If so, then let it be loh.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

kudo to Late Mrs Lee lor :P she is the one that sneak this into the parting treaty.

Some always say our little red dot is what it is today because of the old man but many others conclude that it is due to his capable team under his leadership that transformed a dirty backward kampong into a modern marvel.

And in his magnificent team was this dame.

Some always say our little red dot is what it is today because of the old man but many others conclude that it is due to his capable team under his leadership that transformed a dirty backward kampong into a modern marvel.

If we go back to history (way further back than the 60s): Malaya / Singapore was one, or were like close brothers. For some reasons SGP wasn't able to handle its brother and even got kicked out of the house.

siao liao lor...utility bills going to up up again... [shakehead]

Maybe we shouldn't wash our car so often, help the country save every drop of water.

• Praise 1

November 27, 2013

Johor residents have been paying a premium for water, forking out between 159% and 215% more than the national average despite the southern state making money from selling raw water to Malacca and Singapore, an opposition lawmaker charged.

Teo Nie Ching (DAP-Kulai) (pic) said domestic users are charged RM1.05 per cubic metre of water, 159% more than the national average of 66 sen per cubic metre.

For industrial users, the first 500 cubic metres of water used are fixed at RM2.93 per cubic metre, 215% higher than the national average of RM1.36 per cubic metre.

In contrast, Teo said, the Johor government sells raw water to Malacca and the republic at RM0.30/1,000 gallons and RM0.03/1,000 gallons respectively, earning the state government RM230,000 from Malacca and RM200,000 from Singapore's Public Utilities Board.

Maybe we shouldn't wash our car so often, help the country save every drop of water.

To sarpork the country, I have not wash my truck for 6 years Liao [grin]

To sarpork the country, I have not wash my truck for 6 years Liao [grin]

LOL. Better update LTA's record of your 'pickup' body colour from original one to "desert storm"!!!

• Praise 1

A couple draw strength from each other..To a certain extend , no who is better than who.. and who needs who lah.. who contribute more than who..

they a classic cases of marriage that bring out the best of them.

If we go back to history (way further back than the 60s): Malaya / Singapore was one, or were like close brothers. For some reasons SGP wasn't able to handle its brother and even got kicked out of the house.

ha ha ha .. glad they did.. just look at the last malaysia election.. :| if sg policitic is bad ..my is worse.. alot of my colleague.. 灰心liao..esp the chinese and indian colleagues..

November 27, 2013

Johor residents have been paying a premium for water, forking out between 159% and 215% more than the national average despite the southern state making money from selling raw water to Malacca and Singapore, an opposition lawmaker charged.

Teo Nie Ching (DAP-Kulai) (pic) said domestic users are charged RM1.05 per cubic metre of water, 159% more than the national average of 66 sen per cubic metre.

For industrial users, the first 500 cubic metres of water used are fixed at RM2.93 per cubic metre, 215% higher than the national average of RM1.36 per cubic metre.

In contrast, Teo said, the Johor government sells raw water to Malacca and the republic at RM0.30/1,000 gallons and RM0.03/1,000 gallons respectively, earning the state government RM230,000 from Malacca and RM200,000 from Singapore's Public Utilities Board.

Complacency is the word of the day... they have all the resources but choses to rely on Sg for water.. Knowing that sg is gainning capablities to be self-sufficient.. they still sit and wait continue to be reliable.. :|

Edited by ShepherdPie
  • Praise 2

Obviously, it's cheaper to buy treated water at that kind of price compared to if they are running the treatment plant themselves.

A couple draw strength from each other..To a certain extend , no who is better than who.. and who needs who lah.. who contribute more than who..

they a classic cases of marriage that bring out the best of them.

ha ha ha .. glad they did.. just look at the last malaysia election.. :|

Complacency is the word of the day... they have all the resources but choses to rely on Sg for water.. Knowing that sg is gainning capablities to be self-sufficient.. they still sit and wait continue to be reliable.. :|

Edited by Kangadrool

Obviously, it's cheaper to buy treated water at that kind of price compared to if they are running the treatment plant themselves.

of course, but you know once you are relied on others for thing so basic.. then you are at the mercy..at some point.

Like that they can bomb other things also, say we reliant on them for food, labour, and others. Truth is, we are reliant on them for a lot of things. If suddenly they stop trade with us, prices of our raw stuff will jack very high..

While I do know about the facilities we handed over to them, they did sell water to us at such a low rate all these years.

MIW never lose money to foreigners, everything only subsidise Singaporeans mah, you dunno meh? House subsidised, transport (public) subsidised, water and utilities subsidised, studies subsidised, one of the lowest tax in the world...

How MIW still support Singapore? Great mystery leh.. Hahahhhahaha [smash]

Think you need to rephrase your statement. Please recall how much S'pore govt. lost to Suzhou and also the ABC saga downunder.

• Praise 1

Think you need to rephrase your statement. Please recall how much S'pore govt. lost to Suzhou and also the ABC saga downunder.

wah lao.. dun be like my wife leh.. when i make $$ from the stock mkt..never complain.. when i lost 1 time- big one.. years back.. keep talking and talking abt it..At the end of the day, i did admit.. and done better in my investment afterwards..

I dun expect her to foget.. but also want to her to remember the good things also..

Edited by ShepherdPie

Our Gahmen will kill us 1st, then the hand that feed us. Lol !

What to do? We the master are at the mercy of our servants [:|]

• Praise 1